2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

McCall talking about a loan move for Reynolds in the NOTW.

Can understand McCall's thought process on this (and I do think it would be good for us) but if I was Reynolds I'm honestly not sure if I would come back. Sure he is coming back to what he knows but that is what should put him off. I'd be looking for another fresh challenge such as a lower League 1 or promotion chasing League 2 side on loan.

i like reynolds and i think he'd form a fantastic partnership with huthinson.

plus, i reckon craig brown is just trying to p1ss motherwell off by going for gunning.

we should go for crap players then he'd probably hijack the moves and end up with an even worse team.

Can understand McCall's thought process on this (and I do think it would be good for us) but if I was Reynolds I'm honestly not sure if I would come back. Sure he is coming back to what he knows but that is what should put him off. I'd be looking for another fresh challenge such as a lower League 1 or promotion chasing League 2 side on loan.

Has anyone heard from him or his family? Maybe he's not keen on life down south?

He could do worse than come back to Motherwell.

A move for Reynolds would be a step backward, if you ask me.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard from him or his family? Maybe he's not keen on life down south?

He could do worse than come back to Motherwell.

If he is unhappy then obviously coming back home (SPL) would be the best for him. If not and he is keen to make a go of it in England his agent should be getting him a loan move away from Weds to the kind of team I posted above before the start of the season.

Don't agree that it would be a step back for us, Crosshill but I'm not convinced that it would be best for Mark. I no one wants him down South then thay is obviously another story.

Maybe its just me but was Reynolds not considered one of our best players and a solid centre back before he left?

Hes only 24, and has only been gone for only 6 months.

He spent 6 years at Motherwell, playing over 200 games.Maybe he is another 'Motherwell standard' player like Craigan? (I dont think that for one minute)

Maybe its just hes been used to playing a certain way with one club for so long that when we was shoved into a struggling team with a different style he hasnt had time to adapt. 6 months and 7 games is hardly enough time to judge whether he is good enough for League 1 or even give him a chance to prove he is, especially if hes been playing at Left Back.

I would take him back in a heart beat as he was a terrific, composed defender in C&A and was alot less error prone than Craigan. Reynolds and Hutchy would be an exciting partnership, full of talent and potential.

Also, i dont think its the physicality that he struggles with, anyone remember him having the 6ft 7" Aalesunds striker in his back pocket the whole game at FP, winning nearly everything in the air?

And i dont think he would be less motivated, if he had such a dissapointing spell down south, would he not want to come back and prove himself as the very competent defender he is?

Reynolds done ok for Motherwell, but he wanted to leave, so he was given the chance and he has not taken it, at the time i thought he would struggle at sheff wed and it has not worked out for him. He is a nice guy but if i am honest a agree with the other posts that maybe a move down the football league tier would be his level. League 2 England is very competitive and even at that level it will be a challenge week in and week out for him.

His distribution if we are honest was poor at Motherwell, and the longer he stayed at the club the more like Craggs he became, long balls straight into the stand, giving the ball away at the back. Steven start again in League 2 England and work on the potential you showed 3 years ago, good luck!

I'd take Reynolds back if we cant get Gunning. Incredible that Brown's trying to get him too. He's becoming an irritating old man. I used to really like him as Scotland and Motherwell manager but now.. :negative:

For me, it wasn't just the "FTP" incident that put me off Bob Malcolm. It was a whole line of events. The "FTP" incident itself would perhaps have been more understandable if it was a joke between friends, but how that is relevant to signing an autograph is beyond me. No wonder Scottish football is so bigoted when clowns can sign an autograph without bringing religious hatred into it.

Also, the Said Chiba incident made me think he was scum. If I remember correctly, there had been no previous between them in the earlier parts of the game and it was so malicious it was unreal. The injustice of him going on to score the winner made it even worse. How after watching that you could welcome him to our team is questionable.

To add to that, the fact that Derby had just washed their hands of him due to the drink driving and we almost undermined their discipline of him by jumping to sign him didn't paint us in a good light. If people are slightly over the limit, I can see how they can be caught out- but not falling a sleep at the wheel drunk. What's a taxi to a player who must have been on five grand a week?

Finally, we had just let Simon Mensing go, who would have been on a lower wage and in my opinion could have done a better job. So for me regardless of the issue with the signature shirt, the bad outweighs the good. Especially when he didn't do it on the park (bar two free kicks).

Edited by Joeboy
  • Like 1

With respect to the Reynolds debate, we sold him for £100k, if we get a definite first team starter back for a fraction of that its got to be seen as good business. Sadly, his stock has dropped which won't do his confidence any good, however there are a number of mitigating circumstances to explain why his move hasn't been as successful as he'd hoped.

Don't ignore the fact he's been played out of position in a new environment where up until then everything he's known about football has been at FP, round the corner from where he grew up.

I suspect he'd like to put the last 6 months behind him and (like Forbes) draw a line in the sand and see if he can engineer a Rory McIlroy style story starting in 6 weeks time. I can't see him doing anything before Christmas or the manager who brought him to the Owls washing his hands so early.

That rumour page that's been mentioned a few times on here is linking Humphrey with Southampton.http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/Motherwell.php

I thought according to that site he was off to Liverpool for £6m ....

His goal against Celtic, first day of the season in the 4-4 draw was a peach

Made all them wages worthwile?????? :whistling:

In other news . . . .

Nowrich City's Steven Hughes has knocked back the chance of a summer move to Aberdeen. (The Express)

Are Nowrich in the Blues Square? - never heard of 'em

Aye Zaine has arrived in Motherwell and has posted on twitter:

Looking round the town centre, might just have to go glasgow #nandos

So once again Motherwell town centre is an inspiring choice for the future generations...

Aye Zaine has arrived in Motherwell and has posted on twitter:

Looking round the town centre, might just have to go glasgow #nandos

So once again Motherwell town centre is an inspiring choice for the future generations...

I heard that the deciding thing in Zaine signing was that SM gave him a fiver to spend at Wimpy but didn't know the one up the cross got closed down so theirs only one left down the park but noone at MFC knows about it