2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

The boy Little definitely is seen as someone who can play right back and striker....

Jon Daly and Chris Sutton are/were guys comfortable in defence and attack - and not just in a game chasing scenario.

Little has played as a striker for Northern Ireland in most of his games but when he plays for Rangers he was right back for the Celtic game before he went off injured. also played against Hearts as a sub and played up front where he looked ok as he was quite quick and tall.

really think he could do a decent job as a back up to Higdon.

id rather play smith or mchugh than some old firm loanee bellend. If were going to get a loan player it'll be some strong quick guy weve never heard of from england with no connections to the old filth. Afterall part of the reason McCall got the job was for his english contacts

• Like 1

Little has played as a striker for Northern Ireland in most of his games but when he plays for Rangers he was right back for the Celtic game before he went off injured. also played against Hearts as a sub and played up front where he looked ok as he was quite quick and tall.

really think he could do a decent job as a back up to Higdon.

you've just listed that he's been getting a chance at Rangers, albeit from the bench, so why would he want to come and warm the bench at Motherwell???

****someone beat me to it!!!

Edited by weesacs

you've just listed that he's been getting a chance at Rangers, albeit from the bench, so why would he want to come and warm the bench at Motherwell???

Andrew Little didn't make a single league appearance last season for Rangers. He started 2 league cup matches and scored in one of them and that was his lot.

I'd imagine he'd be more than happy to sit on the bench at Motherwell if he was going to get game time.

Probably about 90 percent of the matches he's ever played for us he's not played as a striker. He started off in midfield, he's played wide and off the front, but rarely as a out and out striker.

When he has done his record is a lot better than 1 goal in 6 games.

I don't think he'll ever be a 20 - 25 goal a season kind of player but he'll get into double figures if he's consistantly played as a striker I'm sure. I'd compare him with David Clarkson in that regard.

I agree with that, but someone with his talent and eye for goal and given more of a free role (as opposed to Humphrey for example) to drift inside and support the target man and not cover back to the same degree should be slotting in more than 6 goals from that position.

His form did dip in the middle of the season and as I pointed out, didn't benefit from Gow being at the club.

I'd like to think that at least 6 SPL goals is a target from Humphrey this year (building on his 3 last year), therefore Jamie's should well exceed that as he offers more.

so if the next few(?) players coming in are going to be loanee's anyone got any hidden gems?

How about Nsiala centre back from everton. He was/is a welsh u19 and seemingly is eligable for Scotland. Someone let craig know. Six foot four so he matches Mcghees criteria. Not sure if he is left sided centre back but if he is could be worth a shout if we loose out on gunning. He was loaned out to maccasfield last year and has said he wants to go on loan again.

Get Andrew Little to fuck. Its of absoluty no benefit to us to be loaning players in the SPL. EPL yes its beneficial to both parties, but no chance in the SPL.

Dead right, why give Old Firm benchwarmers SPL experience they wont get at their own clubs at the expense of our own youngsters.

TBF it is not "can't play against us" more "Can't play against parent club". It is an SPL rule, sadly. It used to be up to the parent club if he played or not, but the SPL changed it as Rangers were allowing players to do so, while Celtic weren't so to stop it happening they made it for everyone.

But agree, for that reason I see no reason to sign a loan deal with a fellow SPL club

:laugh: Deary me, you base the inane on what? A few pre-season kickabouts? He'll be fine come the business end of the season.

Agree, he's not even played a second of competitive football for us yet!!

I'd still have a striker on board to add some depth.

Also agree with this.

I must be one of the only ones but I thought Higdon was decent today. His link up play is good. Plus as I mentioned beforehe is more disciplined and leaves more space for Murphy and Law.

Defo need another striker tho for the squad.

Inclined to agree woth you there mate think Higdon will improve as the season progresses, A striker who can hit a first time ball would be good too many touches being taken in front of goal