2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

One of Gunning's worst performances was at Tannadice IIRC. The 4-0 game. Not disappointed even a wee bit he has opted for Tayside.

A wee bit disappointed to be honest as a decent left footed player is never a bad idea for a bit of balance in a team. I thought the he was decent up to the 0-5 Rangers game where he was absolutely shocking and looked like he didn't really give a fuck.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14399073.stm

canny wait til we sign some of these players since they have no club

The articles busy talking about guys who don't want to take a pay cut from their £40k, £60k and £80k contracts per week, then gets to the last line.............

"It's a very unnerving time being out-of-contract and not being sure if there is a club out there for you." :dash2:

For me Gunning wasn't a first eleven player. He had some good games (notably the Celtic win) but he also had some shockers. He wasn't any better than Hutchinson, Craigan or Hammell and although McCall seemed to rate him higher than I did I couldn't really see him being any more than back up.

Right now we have Saunders on the bench and I liked the look of Halsman when he came on against Leeds so I'm not too bothered about missing out on Gunning.

I thought Mehmet was a much better player than a lot of people gave him credit for, especially in his last couple of seasons at St. Mirren. I think he'd be a good player to have in the squad but he was quite a similar player to Higdon in some ways, although I think Mehmet is technically stronger while perhaps Higdon is a more natural poacher. Still, I'm not sure that's two players I'd match as a strike force.

I'd take Mehmet but with Murphy at the club I could only see one of Higdon and Mehmet playing at the same time.

A wee bit disappointed to be honest as a decent left footed player is never a bad idea for a bit of balance in a team. I thought the he was decent up to the 0-5 Rangers game where he was absolutely shocking and looked like he didn't really give a fuck.

:huh:

Raging we lost Gunning to Dundee Utd. Lack of ambition from the club?

:laugh:

What becuase we weren't willing to spunk silly money on a slightly above average player who probably wouldn't get in our first team at present. Much like losing Sutton to Hearts the club is doing the right thing by not throwing money at these decent enough players who in all honesty are replaceable. The days of us giving high wages to average players is over after what happened the last time.

Gunning was decent but nothing special and not worth trying to compete for, let United have him.

Got to say I think Gunning would have been a good addition to the squad, but mainly as a squad man. For me he wouldnt feature when we have our best 11 fit and available, however the fact he can fit in at LB, CB, CM and LM and was a pretty decent player would have made him a good addition.

He was an ok players but he had a shite game against Rangers IMO, is that ok?

:lol: Aye, it's fine. I was just wondering why you said you were disappointed we didn't sign a player who you thought "didn't really give a fuck".

05 Aug 2011 12:13:56

Sheffield Wednesday central defender Mark Reynolds set to move to Aberdeen on a season long loan deal where he'll link up with his former Motherwell manager Craig Brown. Reynolds has failed to settle in Sheffield and has had a number of fall outs with Gary Megson who refuses to use him in his favoured central role and continues to play him out of position.

05 Aug 2011 12:13:56

Sheffield Wednesday central defender Mark Reynolds set to move to Aberdeen on a season long loan deal where he'll link up with his former Motherwell manager Craig Brown. Reynolds has failed to settle in Sheffield and has had a number of fall outs with Gary Megson who refuses to use him in his favoured central role and continues to play him out of position.

The imagination shown by Aberdeen's extensive scouting network continues to impress.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be too fussed about gunning going to united or even Reynoulds going to aberdeen to be honest. Gunning will benefit from united and move on in a year or two. Reynoulds will find himself in the exact same place, playing in a league he doesn' want to play in and will end up putting in half arsed performances against bottom six teams and getting ripped to shreds from the top six teams. (or he'll have a blinder all season). It is amazing how many ex-Well/ current Well players are linked with aberdeen and have been since january 2010 :angry:

Don't you guys know that you're not allowed to say anything bad about Jeffers or some arse will come on & say you are running a campaign against Jeffers & you have now lost all credibility on the forum :laugh::lol::laugh:

:blink: You honestly waited from June 4th to get that off your chest?

I hope you feel better now!

Stuart McCall admits Motherwell have been unable to match Dundee United's offer to sign Blackburn Rovers defender Gavin Gunning.

The Republic of Irelandspacer.gif Under 21 international spent a spell on loan at Motherwellspacer.gif last season and McCall has been keen to bring Gunning back to Fir Park.

He is currently negotiating his release from Blackburn after recently training with Scunthorpe United,spacer.gif but is now tipped to join the Terrors.

McCall had made no secret of his desire to re-sign Gunning but acknowledged United have more spending power following the sale of David Goodwilliespacer.gif to Rovers.

Move on

"We can't get near the package Dundee Unitedspacer.gif will be offering him," said McCall.

"He's one that we would've liked to bring in but it's not in our wage structure and we will move on.

"If he had come back on loan then we would have been able to afford it, but it's a permanent deal and his wages at Blackburn are quite high.

"We couldn't pay anywhere near that last year and we can't pay anywhere near it this year.

"It happens, and the writing was on the wall in the last week with him trialling down at Scunthorpe. We'll move on and monitor a couple of situations."

Meanwhile, McCall has had to scrap a deal for a French-African striker who impressed in training after it emerged the trialist had never played professionally and compensation would be due to several amateur clubs for his development.

McCall said: "It would have been an exciting one, good value for the money we would have been paying him.

"Unfortunately, at the last minute after a lot of hard work behind the scenes, because of certain things which we weren't fully detailed about, it's not going to happen."

Looks like Mr T.Rialist that was scoring in those bounce games was going to be McCall's answer to our lack of striking options.

Oh well back to square one.