2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Plus a wide player to give us attacking options

I think we are screaming out for another attacking option! We lost Jeffers, Sutton, jones, casagolda who may have been mostly mince, but allowed us to mix it up a bit!! At the moment we have no plan b, and no way of freshening things up or changing things.

Saunders injury is a blow too, as him and hately are 2 of our more versatile players.

And so it begins!!!!

With less than a week until we face Rangers at Fir Park the BBC website has decided now is a good time to publish an interview with Jamie Murphy all about potential transfer speculation.

Only ommission was the words old firm in the article.

Why can't they just let players get on with doing their job on the field????

:dash2:

Aye coz it's the first time Murphy has been linked with either of the OF ever. Do you HONESTLY think the tabloids are trying to 'unsettle' our players by reporting about them? Why would it even bother them?

Yip, I actually do think they enjoy unsettling players as they are so old firm biased it is beyond belief.

And so it begins!!!!

With less than a week until we face Rangers at Fir Park the BBC website has decided now is a good time to publish an interview with Jamie Murphy all about potential transfer speculation.

Any Chance of a link to said article?

Aye coz it's the first time Murphy has been linked with either of the OF ever. Do you HONESTLY think the tabloids are trying to 'unsettle' our players by reporting about them? Why would it even bother them?

Happens too often to be coincidence, maybe they think they'll have an unsettling effect by reporting rubbish like this before a big game, maybe it's a sign of insecurity over their favourite OF team's capabilities. Who knows, but it happens all the time. So predictable really.

• Like 1

it happens that often the players would need to be stupid to believe it. Surely, the best way to seal a move would be to put in a performance against them, rather than the usual stage fright approach. Todays young footballers really should steer well clear of the old firm, if they want a successful career.

Take it you dont go on the offcial site.........lazy journalism as usual.....just a rehash what the club released on 9th Aug

Murphy remains cool despite rumours

Tuesday, August 9, 2011MurphyI09082011.jpg var addthis_product = 'wpp-255';var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};Jamie Murphy has insisted that he is in no hurry to leave Motherwell after yet another splendid individual display kicked the rumour mill into top gear.

Several scouts were present at Fir Park at the weekend – including several from the Barclay's Premier League – to watch the young striker slot home the winning goal against Hearts.

And although Stuart McCall has yet to receive any bids for his 21-year old star, the talent scouts are likely to take rave reviews back to their managers.

In typically measured style, Murphy is keeping calm and says he will consider his future if any bids come in.

I have grown up in Glasgow with all my family and friends and I love playing football at Motherwell.A decision process that he says will include asking advice from some of his colleagues who have made similar moves – not always with dream results.

"I try not to focus on it too much," Murphy said. "I try to let other people do that and until someone comes in with a bid I can't do anything but play my best for Motherwell.

"I have grown up in Glasgow with all my family and friends and I love playing football at Motherwell.

"There are players in the dressing room at the moment who have moved down south, like Hammell and Lasley, and they would be good to go for good advice if a bid does come in. I am not even thinking about it until something actually happens."

The former Scotland under-21 international is clearly reluctant to invite any bids for him as he knuckles down for another successful season at Fir Park – and he is equally defensive regarding any bids for his team-mates.

He continued: "All the boys are great and there is a great team spirit. I have been here for ten years and grown up with a lot of the boys and they are some of my best friends, and if we can keep the group together it will be good."

The likes of Murphy, Humphrey and Jennings are the ones attracting the plaudits and the envious glances from other clubs, Motherwell's all-time European top scorer was quick to praise the 'Well backline.

In a blistering start to the season Motherwell sit atop the SPL, and have yet to concede a single goal – no mean feat from three outings.

"They were excellent again; Craigan and Saunders did brilliant," he effused. "Tom Hateley and Steven Hammell were excellent at full back, and then Darren Randolph behind them. With a defence like that you are not going to lose many goals.

"As long as we are in the top six and can finish as high as possible, it has obviously been a great start to the season. If we win next week we can hopefully stay in the top six for the rest of the season."

And so it begins!!!!

Why can't you let journalists get on with their job of reporting? Just coz you don't like what they write doesn't change the fact that these stories appeal to the Old Firm fans who would make up the majority of their readers. So they are writing stories that will sell papers and therefore doing their job well. And although often just lazy like coping a story from the official site to the Old Firm fans that story would be seen as a scoop because i very much doubt many of them ever visit the Motherwell official site.

Why can't you let journalists get on with their job of reporting? Just coz you don't like what they write doesn't change the fact that these stories appeal to the Old Firm fans who would make up the majority of their readers. So they are writing stories that will sell papers and therefore doing their job well. And although often just lazy like coping a story from the official site to the Old Firm fans that story would be seen as a scoop because i very much doubt many of them ever visit the Motherwell official site.

That would be fair enough Ian if the story was in a newspaper, but it was published on the BBC's website. And unless I'm mistaken as a licence payer we pay for such drivel to be 'reported'.

Is it just coincidental these type of stories are re-hashed every time we are due to play one of the OF ?

Although it's typical when players of a team like us start to do well they get linked with the OF particularly just now when players from big teams are snubbing them.

Where the hell are these loan signings??, McCall get yer finger out...just scared in case someone gets injured as we have very little cover and I fear that is the one thing that will make us lose games due to our lack of depth. Enjoying the good start to season and don't want to see it destroyed with an injury to a one or two crucial players

Where the hell are these loan signings??, McCall get yer finger out...just scared in case someone gets injured as we have very little cover and I fear that is the one thing that will make us lose games due to our lack of depth. Enjoying the good start to season and don't want to see it destroyed with an injury to a one or two crucial players

Loan signings won't come until around 31st August (when the EPL teams have their squads finalised).

I've been reading of a few Championship managers in the same predicament.

phil o'donnell?

Fair point but that was 16 years ago and it's a different era.

Goodwillie has done the right thing he's went to a middle ranking EPL side and will be up against a better quality of player on a weekly basis, this can only help his game and his career. Staying in the stagnant backwater of the SPL with Rangers or Celtic wouldn't have made him a better player, he's already proved himself in the SPL with Dundee United.

If Murphy does go I hope he gets picked up by an English side, hopefully Bolton he could learn a lot from Owen Coyle. I like Murphy and I'd like to see him improve, he wont if he stays in the SPL. Any overtures from the OF should be rebuffed immediately

• Like 2

not sure i agree.

faddy went to england 8 years ago and has barely left a mark. will he be remembered by birmingham or everton fans? i very much doubt it. if he had signed for one of the glasgow clubs he would have had opportunities to perform in europe and win trophies.

mcdonald and mccormack both scored last night. i doubt they enjoyed scoring those goals as much as the ones they got against milan and porto.

A lot of it is down to the character and ambition of the individual (not to mention talent).

There are plenty of good players who have warmed the OF benches and various benches down south. McAllister and Lambert are guys who were very successful after moving away from Scotland. Others have not prospered.

The same can be said for players moving to the OF. It's very much risk and reward. If you have confidence in your own ability, heading south is a gamble, but the payoff can be huge. Sticking with the OF pretty much guarantees League titles, Cup Finals, an annual Champions League qualifier and a few Europa Cup games. It's a comparatively safe option if you make the first team but you are still only playing for a relatively small fish in an even smaller pond.