2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

initially there was chat about one fully owned signing and two loaned players. Nowt much been said about former. Is the money there or has the budget been cut?

We were gonna sign that French/African trialist last week until the transfer fee scuppered things so doubt that the budget has been cut. Saunders wage now available also as SFA I presume will pick it up

Fair point but that was 16 years ago and it's a different era.

Goodwillie has done the right thing he's went to a middle ranking EPL side and will be up against a better quality of player on a weekly basis, this can only help his game and his career. Staying in the stagnant backwater of the SPL with Rangers or Celtic wouldn't have made him a better player, he's already proved himself in the SPL with Dundee United.

If Murphy does go I hope he gets picked up by an English side, hopefully Bolton he could learn a lot from Owen Coyle. I like Murphy and I'd like to see him improve, he wont if he stays in the SPL. Any overtures from the OF should be rebuffed immediately

Couldnt agree more.

• Like 1

There has ben no sniff of even a rumour lately, starting to get a bit worrying as we wont be able to carry on our good form with the depth we currently have. There is no questioning the ability of the players we currently have, just suspensions and injuries will come into play sooner rather than lately.

While I was listening to Talksport at the weekend I heard the Bristol City manager stating that his squad is too big and he is looking to shop numbers to bring players in.... Maybe that is a club we could raid for possible loans (Clarky :whistling: )

Maybe that is a club we could raid for possible loans (Clarky :whistling: )

Who do you drop, Higdon or Murphy? No way Clarky comes to sit on our bench and I don't think Clarky/Murphy would be a good combo and no way we bench Murphy in a Higdon/Clarky combo. All very well saying let's get this guy or that guy but they have to fit into our squad. Clarky might be a decent pick up were we to sell Murphy on, however....

• Like 1

Who do you drop, Higdon or Murphy? No way Clarky comes to sit on our bench and I don't think Clarky/Murphy would be a good combo and no way we bench Murphy in a Higdon/Clarky combo. All very well saying let's get this guy or that guy but they have to fit into our squad. Clarky might be a decent pick up were we to sell Murphy on, however....

And what when Murphy or Higdon pick up a strain or suspention (will happen to Higdon sometime)? What then?

What about days when Murphy pr Higdon aren't playing well? Who is ready to step up and play at the same level?

Having a name like Clarkson, Murphy or Higdon on the bench would please me very much when I am watching the team struggle to make an impact in the final third later into a game. It would be a dream to have two very good forward on the park, safe in the knowledge, if and when we need it, we have a possible super-sub on the bench.

I really hope in the near future some of the younger boys make a big impact on our team, McHugh, Pollock or Smith, if just one of them can come through a la Murphy or McFadden before them, our club will continue to get by as we are. But. That time has yet to come. We need someone good to add positive depth to our front line and Clarky would be perfect for that. I cannot for one see how anyone could argue against his return on loan to our club, or even just Motherwell making an enquiery to his status at the present time.

• Like 1

The most effective front line we've had was the Clarky/Porter/Rossco trio. Could Higdon play the penalty box Porter role with Murphy playing the McCormack role?

Possibly, although Murph relies more on his speed while Rosco was more of a ball player in my eyes.

We need to sign some folk pronto.

Any kind of injury crisis and we will drop down the SPL like a stone.

Look at the filth in Govan - they are having a pretty nasty bout of injurys but they have the luxury of signing shite Yankee has beens. We on the other hand have no depth in our squad at all.

2 minimum and hopefully 3 players needed very soon. I don't even care if they fit our system as long as they provide cover if we get injurys etc as our first team is good and when all of them are fit they pick themselves.

We wouldnt be under obligation to play Clarky every week, if hes unhappy at not playing he goes back to brizzle, we wouldn't have him on a 2 year deal!!

What we really need is a righty and a lefty versatille defenders, another proven striker would be ideal... Maybe even Colin McMennamin-esque, where they have excelled at first division level. Therefore being a bit part in a top SPL club wouldn't harm them too much!!

Wasn't even on the radar. He and his family have settled well in the area and he nor his club were looking to offload. To appease their 2 fans, a high ranking at Hamilton did let slip to their 2 fans that they were well down the road of a loan deal for Clarky - a complete fabrication, one backed up by his family and laughed at by the kid himself when he heard...

agree with this, we just need to get bodies in now. In my opinion we have got one of the best starting XI in the league, the problem comes when we get one or two injuries and we need to be able to look at the bench and not shite ourselves because its filled with inexperience

Step forward messrs Murphy, Molloy and Keegan...

...This is what happened the last time we just 'got bodies in'.

Unless potential signings fit the team, which at the moment is looking like a passing, pacey attacking team with no-nonsense defenders then I would rather give the U19s a chance, who are at least used to the system than sign guff from Leyton Orient we have never heard of.

I agree with Juan Kerse... I wouldnt be too upset if nobody came in. Now that we have points on the board I have few worries about our squad this season and have no problem with youngsters stepping in when the time comes. We have a real chance to develop what we have now.

We are a month in and already about a third of the way to what might be considered an spl safe tally. So basically fuck it, why not biggrin.gif

• Like 1

if we don't sign any players then we are in trouble as our squad is too small / week to deal with injuries and suspensions.

if mccall doesn't sign anyone it's the difference between fighting for 3rd place and fighting for survival.

get your bloody finger out mccall.

Do you no think McCall is trying? As I've said before there is no point signing a player just for the sake of it. There is still plenty of time left. People are only worried because of the early start to the season. If the season started when it usually started nobody would be worried.

Oh aye we will be nowhere near relegation this year with or without any new players in.

We are a month in and already about a third of the way to what might be considered an spl safe tally. g]
Certainly too early to worry. a quick look back over the spl tables shows that 37 points is the most gained from any team relegated (ICT 08/09) so another 28 points should see us safe.

based on that, and our teams performance, I would be happy to blood some of the youngsters this year, then go for the title next season.... :whistling:

And what when Murphy or Higdon pick up a strain or suspention (will happen to Higdon sometime)? What then?

What about days when Murphy pr Higdon aren't playing well? Who is ready to step up and play at the same level?

Having a name like Clarkson, Murphy or Higdon on the bench would please me very much when I am watching the team struggle to make an impact in the final third later into a game. It would be a dream to have two very good forward on the park, safe in the knowledge, if and when we need it, we have a possible super-sub on the bench.

I really hope in the near future some of the younger boys make a big impact on our team, McHugh, Pollock or Smith, if just one of them can come through a la Murphy or McFadden before them, our club will continue to get by as we are. But. That time has yet to come. We need someone good to add positive depth to our front line and Clarky would be perfect for that. I cannot for one see how anyone could argue against his return on loan to our club, or even just Motherwell making an enquiery to his status at the present time.

A chance to sit on the bench against West Ham, Blackpool, Leicester or a chance to sit on the bench against Dunfermline, St.Mirren, St Johnstone. Yep im sure that's a really hard one for Clarky to work out. Such a dilema im sure.

i don't think clarky would be doing much bench sitting for us

According to some he would be getting splinters from bench sitting.

A chance to sit on the bench against West Ham, Blackpool, Leicester or a chance to sit on the bench against Dunfermline, St.Mirren, St Johnstone. Yep im sure that's a really hard one for Clarky to work out. Such a dilema im sure.

Considering he hasn't made the even the bench this season, it would be a step closer to getting a game.

Looking at the Bristol Forums his name appears on most of their fans list to go. So maybe he needs to come back into the family and feel the warmth again. drinks.gif

I don't believe though that he'll be on SM's list though as I'd suspect that BC will want his wages covered.

Clarkson may be an option if Murphy was sold this month. Our squad is thin compared to others, but that is because we a) have a stronger 1st 11 and b) appear to not have much spare cash despite a successful season last year.

McCall has talked about a couple of loan players, so I would hope and expect to see them in b4 the transfer window closes. Even if we keep Jamie we need another striker, although he appears to be searching for a wide player in the mould of Steve Jones. An impact player off the bench.

Anyway patience is the watchword as it is better we get the right players like Jukebox or Porter, than a Molloy or Danny Murphy!!

Clarkson may be an option if Murphy was sold this month. Our squad is thin compared to others, but that is because we a) have a stronger 1st 11 and b) appear to not have much spare cash despite a successful season last year.

McCall has talked about a couple of loan players, so I would hope and expect to see them in b4 the transfer window closes. Even if we keep Jamie we need another striker, although he appears to be searching for a wide player in the mould of Steve Jones. An impact player off the bench.

Anyway patience is the watchword as it is better we get the right players like Jukebox or Porter, than a Molloy or Danny Murphy!!

So why not Steve Jones, I didn' think he was too bad? Or has he found a club now?

People need to be patient, the end of the transfer deadline is still two weeks away.

With the numbers of players looking for a club these days it won't be difficult to "get bodies in" but we will be trying to get the best possible quality players for the squad and to do that you have to play a waiting game.

As the deadline gets closer clubs and players hands will be forced and I'm sure we'll get guys in but it will probably be in the last week and more likely in the last few days.