2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Clancy rumour in the Daily Record.

I'm not sure about the move for Clancy, the guy is a full back and wouldn't appear to fit the profile of centre half that can play right back unless SMC has seen something that no-one else has.

From what I've seen of him he's a better player than Maurice Ross... improvement on last season's squad and doubt it'll break the bank. Pretty sure Martyn Corrigan wasn't particularly outstanding with Falkirk but he managed to do alright with us (not that I'm comparing Clancy to Corrigan in any way).

from what i know of him he is slow and got ripped to shreds off steve jones the last time he played at fir park.

So badly ripped to shreds his playing record v 'Well last season was P3 W2 D1 L0. In fact he's never lost a game at Fir Park (3 appearances)!

He didn't play the first half of the season last term because Killie had the excellent Ben Gordon on loan from Chelsea. Second half he was a first choice pick in the second half of the season after Gordon went back down south, played 18+2 subs in the league without scoring.

Without having seen him week in week out surely a decent enough cover for Saunders - can play right back or centre. Already played this season, so assume his fitness is decent and he's been through pre-season training unlike a lot of out of contract guys.

As for Killie not wanting him, when we played Killie earlier in the season they were playing quite an odd system with three at the back and the right full back pushed really high up with Pascali sitting providing cover in defensive areas. As I remember Clancy is more a defensive full back than someone who races up the line so maybe he just doesn't fit into the system Killie are using this season.

As many have said - cover for Saunders. SPL experience and all that, but not an exciting signing...

We probably do not have the money - but I would love a signing to get the fans reasonably excited. We have yon Omar Daley on trial and he may yet sign, but someone like Leigh Griffiths on loan even if he is a wee pr1ck.......

We are doing very well thus far and last night showed we do have some depth to the squad, even if it was against a part time side.

What is the Fadster doing these days. How about a short term contract till Xmas to get his fitness up....

Janitor?

Ha ha ha not quite, don't have a brown coat or enough keys for that role! No, in advertising, nothing glamourous!

Thanks for the vote of confidence though!!!:lol:

A player so good Kilmarnock don't even want him.

Awesome.

i think thats a bit harsh!!! Kilmarnock have spent a fortune on wages this season, and alot of it on their defence. they certainly looked like no mugs when we played them earlier in the season. (hard, fair, strong, composed)

SPL experience, wont break the bank - should be able to provide us with much needed cover. I dont think he will oust anyone from the starting 11 though.

There have been plenty of players at our club that come into the "A player so good ********* don't even want him" category and they have flourished - give him a chance

"

He didn't play the first half of the season last term because Killie had the excellent Ben Gordon on loan from Chelsea. Second half he was a first choice pick in the second half of the season after Gordon went back down south, played 18+2 subs in the league without scoring.

Without having seen him week in week out surely a decent enough cover for Saunders - can play right back or centre. Already played this season, so assume his fitness is decent and he's been through pre-season training unlike a lot of out of contract guys.

Ben Gordon is a left back, he had nothing to do with keeping Clancy out of the team. As you say yourself, he can play right back or right centre of defence, his poor passing ability makes him unsuitable to Killies style of play.

Edited by killiewimp

I'm not sure I'd want another centre mid when we clearly need another experienced striker (assuming Clancy has signed up, which covers our need for a defender).

It'd give us a real embarrassment of riches in the centre of midfield - we can't afford that, really.

Coke was a tidy player for us but I'd rather see Carswell or Forbes (:O) be given a chance.