2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Good have him on board. Pace, experience and seems to have the ability to produce the spectacular. Probably will split the fans, some love a flair player others will hate his lack of consistency, workrate etc.. but he's a good option to have. We now potentially have a game changer on the bench unlike recent weeks so hopefully McCall feels he finally has someone to throw on if things aren't going well. Look forward to hopefully seeing him get a run out on Saturday.

Welcome Omar :drinks:

Doesn't matter how much of a game changer he is with McCall's refusal to play subs the only game he'll be changing is see who can get the most skelfs in their arse.

Clarkson on loan from Bristol City

Brentford have signed Bristol City striker David Clarkson on a one-month loan deal.

The 26-year-old Scotland international began his career at Motherwell and scored 57 goals in all competitions in 251 appearances for the SPL club.

He moved to Bristol City for an undisclosed fee in 2009 and has scored 11 times during his two-year spell.

Clarkson will be available for Brentford's League One clash with Preston North End.

SONS new boy Ross McKinnon hopes to make his mark at the Rock.

As reported in last week's Sport Scene, McKinnon arrived at Dumbarton from Motherwell along with St Mirren stopper Dominic Kennedy.

The defender agreed on an initial 28-day loan period but his stay at the club could be extended.

And now McKinnon hopes to break into the first team but knows it won't be easy.

He said: "I am looking forward to playing for Dumbarton. I am looking to get a place in the first team and get games under my belt.

"I know I won't just walk into the team. I just want to get a run in the team.

"It was between Alan Adamson and Gordon Young at Motherwell.

"They had a meeting and said that Dumbarton would be a good club for me to go to."

And McKinnon was in no doubt Dumbarton was the club for him after ex-Sons star Nicky Devlin, who joined the Steelmen at the end of last season, recommended it to him.

He added: "The boys from Motherwell who have played at Dumbarton said it was a good club to go to.

"Nicky Devlin said they were a good bunch of lads."

Ross has followed in the footsteps of his uncle Rob McKinnon who plied his trade at the Well for four season and picked up three Scotland caps in his career,

McKinnon revealed the left-back was a big inspiration for him.

He added: "He was a big influence on me. I used to go and watch him training and I also watched videos of him playing as well.

"It was good to have him as a role model and someone to look up to."

Clarkson on loan from Bristol City

Brentford have signed Bristol City striker David Clarkson on a one-month loan deal.

The 26-year-old Scotland international began his career at Motherwell and scored 57 goals in all competitions in 251 appearances for the SPL club.

He moved to Bristol City for an undisclosed fee in 2009 and has scored 11 times during his two-year spell.

Clarkson will be available for Brentford's League One clash with Preston North End.

so why couldnt we get him?...

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Monday morning and a bit bored at work, I was having a look through Sky Sports site and found this:

CLicky

I know there are championship clubs linked to him but there is always that small chance that we could get him on board especially as he has said he is open to a move. Looks to have a wee bit of pedigree having played in Italy and Portugal!

To be fair the quote from Yabba I think is a little fib to try and get a club to make a move. Why if you have clubs in Europe looking at you would you basically finish with

For most furriners, "play in Scotland" means join the OF, as they equate that bunch with Championship level teams.

Given he only signed for Kettering late in July and played for them at the weekend I would be surprised. Nothing on Forrest or Ketterring's sites. However they may just be as slow as us at publishing stuff.

He's now been transfer listed by Kettering along with 10 other players, including two who fought each other during a game. Meechan

• 3 weeks later...

He's a decent player is Hughes, but I'm not sure that we're the club he'll be looking to join. Our midfield is pretty stacked when it comes to our first eleven every Saturday, so I don't think regular football would be offered as much as he'd maybe like.

As a squad player though? I'd take him back tomorrow.