2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Think hughes gives us different options but worry for the youngsters such as forbes and carswell. Would like to think Hughes with his experience and being more of a creative player than jennings etc will take these younger guys on and help develop them to there full ability. I still think Forbes has something to add but gets lost some times.

Hope this can energise us for the next few games and it will be interesting to see mccalls formation for the up coming celtic game (i take it any signing is too late for the caley game). Will he go attacking or sit with two holding midfielders in lasley and jennings.

Does this mean that they envisage Jennings being off in Jan?

Shame we forked out a wage for Daley.

:mellow:

Bit harsh after about 5 sub appearances no? I for one thought that he made a big difference when he came on yesterday and would like to see him get a start as the Humph wasn't at it yesterday and the team seemed to improve when Murphy went to the right and Daley came on the left. Maybe next week against Celtic is not the right game but I'd like to see him start a few games in the future.

Wasn't really a Hughes fan. Obviously he has great ability but he didn't use it enough the first time he was here and I say he's a 1 in 4 kinda player. Not quite as bad as Gow in that regard but in a similar mold.

I'm not going to complain if we sign him cos we need a bigger squad but I have a skeptical eyebrow raised as regards him.

He'd have to improve his consistency to win me over and it remains to be seen if he is the kind of player that would fit into a side that's done quite well without him.

Obviously he adds something we don't have at the moment but what would we lose dropping someone for Hughes?

Wasn't really a Hughes fan. Obviously he has great ability but he didn't use it enough the first time he was here and I say he's a 1 in 4 kinda player. Not quite as bad as Gow in that regard but in a similar mold.

I'm not going to complain if we sign him cos we need a bigger squad but I have a skeptical eyebrow raised as regards him.

He'd have to improve his consistency to win me over and it remains to be seen if he is the kind of player that would fit into a side that's done quite well without him.

Pretty much my view.

Obviously he adds something we don't have at the moment but what would we lose dropping someone for Hughes?

I thought he was pretty consistent in his first season. But I'd definitely say your admission describes his form in his second season.

I'd take Hughes back and punt Higdon and Humphreys in the Jan window and get another striker like David Clarkson in. Them 2 have been pants for weeks. You know it makes sense. :thumbup:

Spot on with your assessment of Higdon and Humphrey .Sorry had enough of them and we cant afford to carry passengers ,probably cant do it but if we could I would punt them.

yo

I'd take Hughes back and punt Higdon and Humpreys in the Jan window and get another striker like David Clarkson in. Them 2 have been pants for weeks. You know it makes sense. :thumbup:

Aye me too. Hopefully our team in January will be.

G.Smith

Quinn Reynolds McLean Paterson

O'Brien Hughes Klimpl McFadden

Porter Clarkson

Would be a bit too early to bring Sutton back.

I'd take Hughes back and punt Higdon and Humpreys in the Jan window and get another striker like David Clarkson in. Them 2 have been pants for weeks. You know it makes sense. :thumbup:

Spot on with your assessment of Higdon and Humphrey .Sorry had enough of them and we cant afford to carry passengers ,probably cant do it but if we could I would punt them.

Feel free to stay clear of Fir Park on Sunday lads. I'm sure the team could go one week without your "support".

On topic. If we were to sign Hughes, it doesn't necessarily mean anyone should drop out the team. When you currently look at our bench, its weak and has very little experience. If a game isn't going our way, there are very few options to actually address it. Now if Hughes was sitting on the bench, he'd be a brilliant option to bring on to change our shape and add a bit of class to our attack.

As the season would progress, injuries and suspensions are likely to accumulate in our midfield. Allowing Hughes to come in and show his worth. I personally would like to see Forbes get a chance. But I think he lets the "East stand boo boys" get to him to really perform at Fir Park and more importantly I think McCall doesn't rate him all that much, which I think is a real shame.

I would like to see Hughes brought in and send Forbes out on a 6 month loan to the First to get some important game time that he isn't getting with us. Before coming back next season for one last shot at breaking into the first team. Hughes would be an excellent signing that would boost the squad and actually push for a first team slot, which in turn would help keep the pressure on our midfield to keep up the high standards already set this season.

• Like 1