2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Apparently Hearts were wanting £500,000 for Templeton.

In my opinion Murphy is a better player with a better record than Templeton so we should at least be asking for £500K if not more from Rangers.

I just hope they aren't putting in a bid for Murphy as a 'cheaper option' than going for Templeton.

Murphs had a shite season

I keep reading this and hearing people say it and yet he's still got 8 goals in less than 30 matches. Not bad for a striker, very good for a player playing wide midfield most of the time.

He's not shown his top form consistently over the season but he's hardly been shite.

Even over the last 10 matches no one in the squad has scored more goals than him.

I doubt its as simple as £250K. i imagine there will be serious add-ons and possibly a return Loan as part of the deal.

I'd agree with that. Nowadays, the figure given (if it even is) is never actually the full details. If Murphy does indeed go, I'd fully expect there to be add-ons involved rather than just a straight forward payments.

It's not a poor career choice if he wouldn't be happy, doesn't think he could settle at the Club, doesn't feel he would get a regular start and so on. I doubt the lad is pratted and cheesy as it is (and it is) you can't buy happiness. He clearly likes it up here and I think Rangers would suit him much better......wouldn't like to see it though.

I would imagine the wages at Blackpool (parachute payments from EPL for the next couple of years) would be better than what Craig Whyte/Rangers have on the table.

Must be down to football, family, and chance to win things rather than financial.

Again, if he goes to Rangers.

Agreed.

I was speaking purely as his development as a footballer, but your right, Murphy wouldn't develop as much if he was unhappy.

I couldn't stand it if he went to the h**s. Now THAT would be a poor career choice hah

silence from official sources only builds the rumours!

Tam,

The club can't officially comment on rumours or gossip!

1. We would be here all day as stories fly in right, left and centre.

2. It is quite often inappropriate to comment on deals that may be commercially sensitive.

3. If we were to deny this and deny that, the moment we couldn't or wouldn't comment on an individual case then people would then assume a rumour had substance even if it didn't.

The club can only really comment when things are tied up. We've learned the hard way at times about trying to let fans know about deals quickly and being stung for it.

What I would say is that believe very little of what you read - I am sure most of you know how days like today work.

I would be dismayed to see any of our younger players being poached away for lowly transfer fees, for the obvious reason that the club gains little financial reward but more for the players themselves because as experience has shown those young players who left us in the past for so-called better things (money and playing at a higher level) have not found it plain sailing and most if not all have been or are being hawked around as loan players - David Clarkson, Mark Reynolds, Paul Quinn - to name but three. Also, look at Stephen Pearson, now 30 years of age and at that high spot of football Bristol City. Others that come to mind are Graham Smith, Brian Kerr, Stephen Hughes, Jim O'Brien and Jim Paterson who although not in the young players category also thought the road out of FP only led up the way and yet...

This has to be balanced by the fact that like it or not we are a selling club and players do have to be sold to keep the club solvent - we simply do not take in enough revenue from other sources to do otherwise . Added to that we don't have a chairman and board and IMO this also hinders us because I'm sorry to say that I don't think the Membership Scheme that the club are championing is working and therefore as there may be an urgent need to raise cash the club will be forced to sell players and not be too choosy about haggling over their transfer values.

Pretty glad there seems to be nothing about Hutchinson going south, hopeful it stays like that! Wonder that Jamie's reasons were for not joining Blackpool, although losing him would not be a disaster, I'm more than happy that he is staying!

£250k your having a laugh. we would get more if he goes out of contract in compensation. Maybe the lad is showing abit of loyality,maybe he's happy at motherwell. Not every player, like individuals in every walk of life, want to move away from family and friends.