2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Maybe not but give him some time, training and support and he will do wonders in the SPL again.

Great players don't just lose it.

Fair enough hes been injured for a while but once hes over that he will be a great asset to any team.

(Preferably Motherwell)

Everton have given him time, training and support.

Human beings don't lose the damage done by career-threatening injuries, whether great players or not.

Who's to say he'll ever be "over" it?

Comments like Faddy is past it will only lead to him signing for Celtic or 'Rangers' and scoring a barrow load in Scottish football. Yeah I'd love to see him back, but wee have enough flair players in the squad at the moment in my opinion. If the likes of murphy and humphreys move on I'd take him back!

Surely he would love to hear that champions league music at FP with the logo on the centre circle :)

He's currently under contract with Everton, who are more than likely paying him the kind of money we never could.

If the chance arises I'm sure our management team would be glad to bring him back. I don't see that happening for a few years yet, and possibly never if his injury problems don't subside.

You sure about that?

He has hardly played in about 3 years!

You could have said that about Phil O Donnell, he hardly played in the 4 years he was at Sheffield Wednesday. I don't think he will be back at Motherwell, however the last 3 years doesn't mean he can't get back to a decent level if he did come back and Uncle Phill is the perfect example of this.

He's currently under contract with Everton, who are more than likely paying him the kind of money we never could.

If the chance arises I'm sure our management team would be glad to bring him back. I don't see that happening for a few years yet, and possibly never if his injury problems don't subside.

I'm sure he'll still be desperate to prove himself at Everton, too, given the time he's had of it. And let's not forget he's still only 28… if he'd been injury-free, he'd probably still be enjoying the form of his career right now, albeit the tail end of it. That's not really the time to be thinking about a move to somewhere you once said you'd like to finish it.

You sure about that?

He has hardly played in about 3 years!

It's just a matter of opinion. His opinion was he would tear the SPL up, yours is he is past it. Neither are a matter of fact.

Since his injury he hasn't played a run of games, therefore there is no way to determine which of your two opinions are correct.

In the past three years, since March 2009, he was coming to the end of a season where he played 30 games, the next year he played 41, then 5 before he was injured last season. I hardly think that equates to hardly played. The guy is 28, he's not 34. Although Everton don't have the players they used to, Moyes still wanted to sign him at a club that had the likes of Saha, Cahill etc.

I don't think he will be at Motherwell next season, but I would definitely welcome him back.

There is absolutely no way Faddy will return to Motherwell until he's at least about 32 or something.

Whether he's getting a game at Everton or not, after making quite a big thing about finishing his career at Motherwell, moving to Fir Park is basically him saying "my career at the highest level is over, and I'm now seeing out my career". He is quite clearly not the kind of person to do that at the age of 28.

Rangers are set to launch a raid for Motherwell midfielder Stpehen Jennings as soon as their transfer embargo is lifted.

The SPL giants will have to rebuild their squad in the summer following the financial woes that are currently tearing the club apart.

The Ibrox club is expecting to lose up to six players next week as some of the squad have failed to agree pay cuts with the club's administrators.

The cash-strapped SPL side are hoping to have their transfer embargo lifted sometime in April and will immediately move for the Motherwell star, who moved to Scotland from Tranmere in 2009.

Jennings, 27, will be available on a free transfer this summer and his relatively modest wages will be in line with the club's new prudent financial structure.

Meanwhile, the current players will continue negotiations will the Ibrox administrators in order to agree wage cuts. The club needs to save £1million a month by the end of the season to help stave off financial meltdown.

This was on talk sport web site any views on this

Rangers are set to launch a raid for Motherwell midfielder Stpehen Jennings as soon as their transfer embargo is lifted.

The SPL giants will have to rebuild their squad in the summer following the financial woes that are currently tearing the club apart.

The Ibrox club is expecting to lose up to six players next week as some of the squad have failed to agree pay cuts with the club's administrators.

The cash-strapped SPL side are hoping to have their transfer embargo lifted sometime in April and will immediately move for the Motherwell star, who moved to Scotland from Tranmere in 2009.

Jennings, 27, will be available on a free transfer this summer and his relatively modest wages will be in line with the club's new prudent financial structure.

Meanwhile, the current players will continue negotiations will the Ibrox administrators in order to agree wage cuts. The club needs to save £1million a month by the end of the season to help stave off financial meltdown.

This was on talk sport web site any views on this

No surprise that this article has surfaced. We're playing Rangers in a couple of weeks in what could be a major factor in who finishes 2nd in the league.

altohugh we do need to get our players tied up for next season if possible for european football. Then afte exiting europe get some money for any that transfer. I accept that we are a stepping stone to bigger clubs but as stated elsewhere numerous times we are a "selling" club. That means we need to benefit from our players moving on and not let them go on free transfers.

Rangers wont be signing anybody in the next year at the very least. Jennings will leave us at some point but it'll be to a championship side in England for hopefully a decent fee.

Decent fee???

I thought he only signed a 1 year deal which means he could leave for HeeHaw

Or am I wrong ?

I remember having this discussion when his contract was almost up. There was talk of moving him on for a decent fee then as well.

I felt at the time that I'd rather have him for another year and lose him for nothing at the end of it if it benefited the club.

I'd consider a good cup run, Champions League football and possibly 2nd place to be that benefit.

If Jennings decides to leave at the end of his contract and take a good wage down south then he goes with my blessing & gratitude. He's been a good servant to the club since arriving almost three years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...