2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get another season (or half season) from Murphy. I'm assuming, though, that McCall has targets in mind should that happen. As long as we don't let him go in the last hour before the window closes, of course.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get another season (or half season) from Murphy. I'm assuming, though, that McCall has targets in mind should that happen. As long as we don't let him go in the last hour before the window closes, of course.

That's the big problem weeyin ,no time to get someone else in, better to go now and give us some time to plan than go at the death and leave us up the creek .

Has anyone actually said he is leaving, it is Agent hipe no doubt, silly season approaches, players will be linked, but that does not mean they are leaving, most deals would of been pretty much done and dusted by now, most EPL teams will be planning there pre season tours, so if we can hold onto him untill the Leeds game i think he will stay.

Leeds match will be full of Scouts for there lastminute.com deals

Leeds match will be full of Scouts for there lastminute.com deals

With over a month to go before the transfer window shuts? Hardly last minute.

Has anyone actually said he is leaving, it is Agent hipe no doubt, silly season approaches, players will be linked, but that does not mean they are leaving, most deals would of been pretty much done and dusted by now, most EPL teams will be planning there pre season tours, so if we can hold onto him untill the Leeds game i think he will stay.

Nobody has said he is leaving, only that he is likely to go if a decent offer comes in because we need to sell while we can get most money for him. He is obviously being watched by scouts from down south, but I doubt EPL teams will stop signing players just because they are about start touring. The window doesn't close for weeks yet, so plenty of time for deals to be struck.

Randy has backed up what Derek Weir was quoated as saying a few pages back on the official.

" I know the gaffer has said he will add one more then look at loans too so there are plenty of reasons to be positive.”

basically what i wanted to hear

Nobody has said he is leaving, only that he is likely to go if a decent offer comes in because we need to sell while we can get most money for him. He is obviously being watched by scouts from down south, but I doubt EPL teams will stop signing players just because they are about start touring. The window doesn't close for weeks yet, so plenty of time for deals to be struck.

Yes i agree there is plenty of time left in the window, but business by both parties needs to be completed sooner rather than later, for the same reason for both clubs, time to build and set up formations etc. Murphy is a good young player, but prob not EPL level just yet, more likely get a move to League 1 as a realistic option.

Thats why i think it will be a lastminute.com type attempt to get him. Look at Jennings, he has waited and waited for a club to come in with an offer for him hence the delay in signing his contract, the offer never came hence he has signed a short term deal.

Any serious interest from any club for any player needs to be sorted sooner rather than later especially for a small club like Motherwell as the deals can be gasumped ( Not sure on spelling) by the bigger clubs should they get wind of a cheap deal. Motherwell need the money for sure that i agree, and of course he could demand an international player type wage being U21 Scotland.

Leave the SPL for any other club and he will say goodbye to regular TV matches and valuable exposure, stay one more season or at least half the season and his suiters will increase with his value.

SPL = TV exposure EPL= Reserve team football Champ/L1/L2 = More money, no exposure (Ever) unless in playoffs.

Your better staying here mate!

I think Motherwell will do very well to finish in the top 6 with that squad. I really hope we can get a couple of experienced players on board by hook or by crook. I'm not holding my breath though.

I'll reiterate, that squad is the almost the same one that qualified for a semi, a cup final and finished top 6 only a few weeks ago in a 50+ game season. They are growing together as a team and there is a lot to be said for that bonding process and knowing instinctively where your teammates are.

Add into the mix that almost every SPL budget outside the OF and Hearts (I still don't understand this anomaly) and us is being severely chopped. 2 teams have pretty much had to do what we did 2 years ago and rebuild a squad from scratch, 1 team is still essentially Cowdenbeath (minus Higdon) and Dunfermline have been promoted with £80k? prize money for winning the SFL Div 1.

Dundee Utd are losing 400k in their wage budget (they must be praying for their prize asset to get punted), Hibs are still in transition in my opinion, Aberdeen are goosed as all our players are signed up until 2012 at least so they will have to use their imagination rather than tapping the phones in the Chapman. Don't know bugger all about ICT.

Add in a 10 goal loanee as we had in Lukas and Blackman the past two years and another decent starlet, things ain't too bad.

Reality Check.

• Like 1

we should be looking for atleast a million for murphy if clubs dont want to pay it tell them to GTF.hes a big player for us so losing him would be a blow but if we get the right money for him maybe mccall would stand a half decent chance of getting a replacement in even if it is just paying a wage with no fee involved

I think the majority of our support just refused to rate him because he was a Celtic player. I thought he was pretty good in the games i saw him play.

What a shite statement.

Sheridan showed a few flashes, but was nothing special. The fact he is a Celtic player has fuck all to do with it.