2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

What a shite statement.

Sheridan showed a few flashes, but was nothing special. The fact he is a Celtic player has fuck all to do with it.

Sorry, but in some cases his Celtic connection had everything to do with it - and the rear of the Cooper was very vocal about it at times.

For what it's worth, I wasn't particularly happy at having a Celtic player on loan - but not because it was Celtic, I just don't think players should be allowed to be on loan within the same division.

We could do a lot worse than Cillian Sheridan I'd say.

Sorry, but in some cases his Celtic connection had everything to do with it - and the rear of the Cooper was very vocal about it at times.

Aye maybe a handful of people, but not the 'majority' of the support.

As Jay says Sheridan done nothing to impress most of the Motherwell fans and that was the reason he was not popular at the club.

Sheridan had that "signed by Celtic so I must be good" pish about him.

Occasionally showed some nice touches and scored a couple of good goals but didn't ever seem to want to get stuck in unlike the Juke who knocked his pan in for the cause even though he was only on loan. Main reason that the 'Well fans never really took to him IMO.

• Like 1

Yep, McBride came from Celtic and was more or less welcomed due to being "not bad" and "trying like fuck"

Sheridan was "piss poor" and "a fucking chancer"

I'm surprised.

I thought that McBride was "piss poor" and "a fucking chancer" same as Sheridan...

Especially after he got the injury he came back and looked un-interested and was even more lightweight in the middle of the park.

mccall is in the evening times saying how much he wants murphy to stay and the £700k figure that has been mentioned is way short of the clubs valuation on him.he also says were no further forward in get gunning back but he is working hard trying to get new faces in

Sheridan had that "signed by Celtic so I must be good" pish about him.

Occasionally showed some nice touches and scored a couple of good goals but didn't ever seem to want to get stuck in unlike the Juke who knocked his pan in for the cause even though he was only on loan. Main reason that the 'Well fans never really took to him IMO.

sums up my thoughts nicely. Found him pretty frustrating most of the time to be honest

I wonder if Grella could still be on the radar

On 8 June, Grella was given permission to train with American team New York Cosmos, the move is with a view to a permanent deal..However, Grella said whilst it was an interesting opportunity he was looking to stay at a club in England. After training with the Cosmos, Grella returned to pre-season training with Leeds, but revealed on his Twitter that he was 99% sure he would be leaving Leeds

Yep, McBride came from Celtic and was more or less welcomed due to being "not bad" and "trying like fuck"

Sheridan was "piss poor" and "a fucking chancer"

+1 he was poor, the fact that Celtic dumped him and he is now hawking himself round the lower leagues say's it all about his ability. If he goes to Hibs its good for us, 1 more crap player in a crap team thats falling apart at the seams, less to worry us when the season starts.

mccall is in the evening times saying how much he wants murphy to stay and the £700k figure that has been mentioned is way short of the clubs valuation on him.he also says were no further forward in get gunning back but he is working hard trying to get new faces in

Not surprised in the slightest the Club are holding out for more than that.

I'll reiterate, that squad is the almost the same one that qualified for a semi, a cup final and finished top 6 only a few weeks ago in a 50+ game season. They are growing together as a team and there is a lot to be said for that bonding process and knowing instinctively where your teammates are.

Add into the mix that almost every SPL budget outside the OF and Hearts (I still don't understand this anomaly) and us is being severely chopped. 2 teams have pretty much had to do what we did 2 years ago and rebuild a squad from scratch, 1 team is still essentially Cowdenbeath (minus Higdon) and Dunfermline have been promoted with £80k? prize money for winning the SFL Div 1.

Dundee Utd are losing 400k in their wage budget (they must be praying for their prize asset to get punted), Hibs are still in transition in my opinion, Aberdeen are goosed as all our players are signed up until 2012 at least so they will have to use their imagination rather than tapping the phones in the Chapman. Don't know bugger all about ICT.

Add in a 10 goal loanee as we had in Lukas and Blackman the past two years and another decent starlet, things ain't too bad.

Reality Check.

I agree with this to an extent. Outside of the Old Firm and Hearts there is very little to fear for us in this league, I don't see any reason why we can't finish Top 6 again or higher.

To me the only team outside the top three that I think are any good are Dundee Utd and they have lost some very important players (Gomis, Buaben, Conway, even David Robertson) so it will remain to be seen how well they do next season - the rest are in the same or a worse position than we are.

Of course I'm not so arrogant to think Motherwell will sweep all before them because there isn't huge margins between most of the teams and a player or two can make all the difference but right now Aberdeen and Hibs, teams you'd normally expect to be Top Six don't look any better than last season and the Calderwood saga makes Hibs look a total shambles right now. Inverness have lost their top scorer Rooney so I'd expect them to struggle a wee bit since he got most of their goals. Kilmarnock have lost most of their first team from last season and the rest Dunfermline, St. Mirren, St. Johnstone, etc, are nothing to fear, we are just as good as them if not better, last season suggests we are better.

Of course a few injuries could put a spanner in the works but most teams are in the same boat with very small squads and all things being even they will suffer injuries too.

Bizzarely, Hollis' new deal was all over the papers again on Wednesday.

With regards to Sheridan, it was nothing to do with him being a Celtic player. He wasn't great in the air, wasn't quick, didn't offer a goalscoring threat. It was the fact he was pish is the reason I wouldnlt take him back.

Someone on the Motherwell Facebook spouting pish abour hearing rumours about Marcus Bent coming to Fir Park. :doh:

Better not be true, guys a dud. I've never been a fan of him, he hasn't scored a goal since early 2009!

Better not be true, guys a dud. I've never been a fan of him, he hasn't scored a goal since early 2009!

Him and Higdon certainly would be a subtle strike partnership.

Cillian Sheridan? He did nothing with us, less with Plymouth - no goals - and was poor at St Johnstone.

Players like Higdon are way above him in terms of ability and that is the quality we have and should be signing.

The 'Celtic swagger' and attitude he adopted playing with us, along with his poor work-rate is why I don't rate Sheridan.