2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Higdon seemed to take a knock last night and it was very obvious in the second half that our attacking alternatives lack physical presence. We need someone in as back up to Higdon (I don't think our budget will stretch to someone to partner him) and it has to be someone with a decent injury record.

Z.F.A. signed specifically for the U-19s eh? Not another Charalambous-type fiasco I hope.

Would hardly call it a fiasco. You've got to speculate to accumulate, and sometimes young guys just don't live up to their early promise. C'est la vie.

Slight difference there Mad Dog I think from signing some Cypriot tank commander to a person who previously played for Tottenham Hotspur.

I seem to remember another Tottenham Hotspur player we signed, played with Jurgen Klinsman don't you know, the legend that is John Hendry.

now tell me he was a quality player.

I saw Charalambous have an argument in Tesco in Cypriot over a bottle of Fanta. So at least one Motherwell fan got some entertainment out of him.

Can only really echo what's been said about Porter. Fantastic penalty box player and the best finisher we've had since Tommy Coyne, but his wage demands in connection with his injury proneness might be too much. Would still love to see him back at Fir Park though.

I think his wage demands will come more into line provided he still doesn't have a club at the start of the season.

I don't know exactly what the state of his fitness is, although I know he has had serious injury problems since he left us, but if he can pass a fitness test I'd be happy to offer him a season deal. And I'd bet he'd be just as fit as Jeffers was last season.

I don't know exactly what the state of his fitness is, although I know he has had serious injury problems since he left us, but if he can pass a fitness test I'd be happy to offer him a season deal. And I'd bet he'd be just as fit as Jeffers was last season.

Obviously no physio. Inane. As for betting, you'd be as well lifting up the nearest manhole outside your abode and chucking yer money in...

Crock. It really is that simple.

Naw because he was pish. What point are you exactly trying to prove.

the fact it doesn't matter what club you come from, if your pish, your pish.

i hope this lad is a cracking player but just because he has come from Spurs doesn't mean he will be.

• Like 1

Porter would make a decent amount of sense. People are complaining about his fitness. Realistically, it's between him and Higdon for a place in the team. You only need one fit at a time, and it's dubious both would be gubbed at once.

Better a high wage, decent sub, than some shite that can't score for Charlie Broon's comic.

• Like 1

Porter would make a decent amount of sense. People are complaining about his fitness. Realistically, it's between him and Higdon for a place in the team. You only need one fit at a time, and it's dubious both would be gubbed at once.

Better a high wage, decent sub, than some shite that can't score for Charlie Broon's comic.

no way could we afford to sign porter and have either him or higdon on the bench

Keep in mind that the fella is on the burroo the noo and needs a boost to get to a half decent wage again.

if porter is prepared to come and play for a grand a week then get him signed pronto but its never gonna happen

What about young Andy Little on loan from Rangers , international pedigree and can play up front or left/right back.

could be a useful addition and he has stated that he wants to go out on loan

how the fuck can you be a striker/ Left-right back?

how the fuck can you be a striker/ Left-right back?

in a similar way that wilkie was used for united? put up front for his physical presence at the tail end of a match (or, in his case simply as a back up striker). Don't really know much of Little but if he could play in defence and then shoved upfront for some extra options then I'm sure he'd be great.

the example of wilkie is completely different imo, he would be punted up in the dying minutes if they were losing just so that he could win balls in the air and this is because centre backs are obviously some of the biggest players in the team, not sure why a wingback would be put up front though unless it was only because of his pace ....

not really considering he played full games upfront due a lack of attackers, which is what i was getting at. As i said i don't really know enough about this Little to make a true comment on his attacking abilities and Wilkie was the only other instance, i can think of, where a defender played in both attacking and defensive roles.. Its a bit of an oxymoron.