2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

If Broadfoot wants regular 1st team football then why not sign for us on a 1/2 or full season loan. Only problem would be what percentage of his wages would we be able to afford ? But as SMC is good pals with McCoist, Rangers might not be too difficult to deal with.

You don't think his chances of breaking into a depleted Rangers team are good?

Who's he going to replace? Naismith, Lafferty?

He'd be a squad player at Rangers imo and he's too light weight for the championship.If he leaves his best move would be abroad.

Why do we need a left back? Stevie Hammell going somewhere i dont know about? We do need another central defender and a striker methinks.

What happens when Steven Hammell gets injured?

I suppose Johnny Page can slot in but is he not naturally a right back?

Get Gunning in. Can play LB and LCB and seems fairly pacy. Ideal.

I don't think he's not here due to lack of trying. McCall has been open about the fact he has been trying to get Gunning back.

Talking of full backs, I noticed that Robbie Neilson has mutually agreed with Leicester to be released from the club.

Does anyone think that he could be a solution to our right back problem? - Don`t know if it is a huge problem but Neilson is a recognised right back.

I seem to remember that he was a fairly steady player and had a helluva long throw!!

Talking of full backs, I noticed that Robbie Neilson has mutually agreed with Leicester to be released from the club.

Does anyone think that he could be a solution to our right back problem? - Don`t know if it is a huge problem but Neilson is a recognised right back.

I seem to remember that he was a fairly steady player and had a helluva long throw!!

What right back problem? We have Hateley, Saunders, Page and Devlin.

Well from that list, in my opinion, only one of them is a recognised right back and he is 17!

Hateley sees himself as a midfielder who fills in at right back now and again. I think right back IS his best position but what do I know!

Saunders is a centre back trying his best to play right back when put there.

Page has been used more as a left back and midfielder than a right back any time he has come on. Not quite sure what his best position is to be honest.

Devlin is only 17 so I wouldn`t imagine he is ready for the 1st team although he may surprise us!

Granted, we have 4 players who could potentially fill in at right back. It may just be that they are not the the answer.

I'd rather bring in a striker than a defender. That is BEFORE Murphy leaves us (if that even happens). I think we are ok at the back. Maybe need a wee bit of cover on the left (Probably why McCall is keen on the return of Gunning) but we do have Page and I wouldn't be surprised if Law could slot in at the back in an emergency. Wouldn't be ideal by any stretch but things are the way they are.

Another stroker please, another two if Jamie heads (preferably) down South.

Getting players of quality that are affordable and are willing to come to the SPL is a lot easier to type on here than in reality. This we all sadly know. I still think though come the close of the window (a good 5-6 weeks away) we will be sorted up front, with or without young Jamie in Claret and Amber.

• Like 3

im happy enough to go with hateley and saunders at right back we couldny afford to bring in another player in that position anyway going by pre season it looks like tom is 1st choice right back the now and robbie neilson is dire stay well clear

I'd rather bring in a striker than a defender. That is BEFORE Murphy leaves us (if that even happens). I think we are ok at the back. Maybe need a wee bit of cover on the left (Probably why McCall is keen on the return of Gunning) but we do have Page and I wouldn't be surprised if Law could slot in at the back in an emergency. Wouldn't be ideal by any stretch but things are the way they are.

Another stroker please, another two if Jamie heads (preferably) down South.

Getting players of quality that are affordable and are willing to come to the SPL is a lot easier to type on here than in reality. This we all sadly know. I still think though come the close of the window (a good 5-6 weeks away) we will be sorted up front, with or without young Jamie in Claret and Amber.

I agree with what you are saying aside from the addition of another stroker, this isn't HMFC.

Neilson or Broadfoot would be a no go area for me. Having four players capable of filling a position is an embarassment of riches for us. Granted I haven't seen Devlin yet so I can't comment there but I would not shite myself if I went to a game and Page, Hateley or Saunders were right back. Our first priority has to be a forward in my opinion. Regardless if Murphy goes (I personally think he'll be here for another season), we need cover. Take away Murphy and you have eight Motherwell league goals from last season in the squad.

Broadfoots a decent player. We need a left back though.

Jordan Halsman did well on Saturday against decent opposition, he played most of last season in the lower divisions on loan and he's 20 years old, hardly a wet-behind the ears kid.

I'd like to see guys like Jordan Halsman get a chance this year. If they aren't good enough bring someone in in January but I think we should be giving them that chance.

Robbie Neilson? Never rated him, in fact I'd say he's one of the worst players to get a Scotland cap in recent times, which is saying something.

Kirk Broadfoot. Gets stick from fans but he's a good SPL player and he'd walk into our 1st XI. If he did leave Rangers he wouldn't be coming to us though.

I really don't think there is any doubt that Murphy will be with us this year given McCall's recent comments. I think our first team is sorted for next season and don't particularly expect another striker... or anyone else to be honest.

No problems with another signing in just about any position because whoever we get now will undoubtedly be backup.