2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Wee snippet in the Metro (with McCall quoted) saying that we are hopeful of signing Gavin Gunning on a permanent deal. Blackburn are willing to let him go for free and the only stumbling block is he will have to take a pay cut.

If this goes through it would be a very good bit of business by McCall.

Wee snippet in the Metro (with McCall quoted) saying that we are hopeful of signing Gavin Gunning on a permanent deal. Blackburn are willing to let him go for free and the only stumbling block is he will have to take a pay cut.

If this goes through it would be a very good bit of business by McCall.

That would be a ridiculously good bit of business to be honest with you. If we pick Gunning up for free, then frankly McCall has pulled a blinder.

Still rather see a striker arrive, mind you...

I'm not ready to throw in the towel quite yet on Gunning. One story suggest we are after him on a loan and unlikely to get him and another story a page or two back on here says he is available for free on a perm deal. What gives? Maybe the English clubs won't be so keen if they have to throw a 3-year contract his way as opposed to a 6-month loan?

If his shot against Celtic in the cup final had gone in he would be a fucking legend.

Albeit on a smaller scale, Roy Essandoh is a legend at Wycombe. Players can be legends for various reasons. Other than the shout, I thought he was absolutely boufin in the cup final, wasted possession far too many times.

As for signing him, it would be a good bit of business getting him on a free. Although he was a hit or a miss last season we have had far worse players than him and he would be great left sided cover. However, I think Saunders deserves a chance at centre back this year and the signing of Gunning may hinder that.

I'd still go for a striker long before a defender.

Other than the shout, I thought he was absolutely boufin in the cup final, wasted possession far too many times.

i thought that was the case for the whole team Tbh. :/

i think any signing of gavin gunning would be fantastic :D doubt it'll happen though.

Yep think we can forget Gunning. Not overly gutted tbh i think we can get another similar or better player on loan. I dont think he was a great defender. :mellow:

Difference is we were not getting him on loan. Give me a signing not as good as a loan possible, that has potential to be good any day of the week. Much rather have Gunning than any player that the premiership can offer us on loan, as we'd be able to develop him.

Saying that, wouldn't be in my first team, he is not as good as any of our current defenders. But would be solid to have in if needed.

Am I the only one who rates Hutchison, Craigan AND Saunders ahead of Gunning? I'm not saying he'd be the worst signing in the world, or anything like it, but I won't be too upset if he doesn't join us...

• Like 2