2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Again, not directly Motherwell-related, but Coventry have knocked back an offer of £1.5 million for the Juke.

Skysports.com understands Coventry City have turned down a bid from Championship rivals Burnley for Lukas Jutkiewicz.

The 22-year-old joined Coventry last summer on a three-year contract after the club paid Everton £300,000 for his signature.

He netted nine goals during his debut season at the Ricoh Arena and was on target in the Sky Blues' 2-2 draw at Burnley back in March.

Jutkiewicz was a target for Southampton earlier in the summer and has now been the subject of a failed £1.5million bid from Burnley.

It is understood that Coventry want £3million for the youngster and that would represent a massive profit for the club.

Clarets boss Eddie Howe is busy trying to add to his squad before the start of the season and has agreed a fee with Preston for winger Keith Treacy.

Peterborough United's George Boyd is another target for Howe, whose side face Watford in their opening game of the season on Saturday.

Jutkiewicz, meanwhile, is a doubt for Coventry's first match against Leicester after suffering a dead leg in Saturday's friendly against Norwich City.

I thought he was more of a winger, could be wrong though. if so then great, we could do with some extra experienced attacking cover.

During the Talksport afternoon sports headlines, there was a piece about Hibs considering offers for Colin Calderwood and one of the names they had in mind to replace his was..........Motherwell's Gordon Young.

It sounded like an absolute mental statement at the time (to the point i was actually shaking my head in cartoon disbelief) and i have seen nothing about this online, although the Hearts fiasco has taken over.

Anyone else hear this or am i going mad??

During the Talksport afternoon sports headlines, there was a piece about Hibs considering offers for Colin Calderwood and one of the names they had in mind to replace his was..........Motherwell's Gordon Young.

It sounded like an absolute mental statement at the time (to the point i was actually shaking my head in cartoon disbelief) and i have seen nothing about this online, although the Hearts fiasco has taken over.

Anyone else hear this or am i going mad??

Didn't hear it and I'd be astounded if he was even on the list given he's always made it clear that he wasn't really interested in a managerial role with senior players. Having said that, does the Hibs job look any more appealing than the Hearts job right now? And that's without an insane owner. Who would they get for that job? It might be that they'd have to look at lesser known guys doing well behind the scenes at another club..

Though when Calderwood's departure was first mooted, I heard Mowbray and Kenny McDowall's names mentioned. Why they'd need the hassle, I'm not sure...

He is a midfielder, getting on in years, but still a good player from what I know of him. Could be good for us. But I'd rather another striker before we sign anyone else please.

Totally agree. My fear is we won't get a Striker in 'till Murphy leaves, still leaving us 1 Striker short! You could argue that we could do with 2 (well 2 'forward players') in without Murphy leaving and I can't help feeling that we seriously missed the boat with Nigel Hasselbaink - will be excellent for St Mirren this year by all accounts.

id like another striker in as soon as possible i think the speculation about murphy will go on until the end of the transfer window and the last thing we want is to sell him and run out of time bringing in a replacement

I wouldn't mind seeing Jeffers back. Like you say, his off-the-ball movement was excellent and opened up the play for Murph and Sutton. No doubt, he is weighing up his options elsewhere (that can almost certainly pay more than we can offer).

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Jeffers back. Like you say, his off-the-ball movement was excellent and opened up the play for Murph and Sutton. No doubt, he is weighing up his options elsewhere (that can almost certainly pay more than we can offer).

Jeffers missed half the matches in the time he was at the club, I don't think he played a full 90 minutes and he scored 2 goals, only 1 in 8 league appearances.

He did OK but we should be looking for better than that, especially if Murphy is going.

+1. We need a striker of any sort, but his quality adds another dimension to the play, and he's got a fair amount he could teach young McHugh and Smith about movement.

Can't decide whether I would like Jeffers back or not. He had some superb games for us and a superb touch, but his scoring record could be improved. Mind you that was a lasting problem before he signed with Motherwell, don't think he has hit double figures in his career.

Jeffers missed half the matches in the time he was at the club, I don't think he played a full 90 minutes and he scored 2 goals, only 1 in 8 league appearances.

He did OK but we should be looking for better than that, especially if Murphy is going.

jeffers was decent but he bottled in front of goal at tynecastle and at home to rangers. he also added nothing on days when we weren't playing well (parkhead and tannadice 4-0).

he was a joy to watch at times but i don't think he is what we need.

Don't you guys know that you're not allowed to say anything bad about Jeffers or some arse will come on & say you are running a campaign against Jeffers & you have now lost all credibility on the forum :laugh::lol::laugh: