2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Fresh from our favourite Football Rumour mill (Well 31st July 2011)

31 Jul 2011 01:57:47

Blackpool are in talks with Billy Sharp and Darren Randolph, both are expected to sign in the coming days.

Sharp will double the clubs record fee, at 3 million. Whilst Doncaster had earlier rejected a bid of 3.25 million this summer, Blackpool's is not expected be in installments. Chairman Karl Oyston is determined to keep the deal under wraps after other deals were scuppered. Speculation over Goodwillie will persist as the club is actively attempting to guise the Sharp transfer by releasing false information regarding Goodwillie.

Blackpool had been scouting Mothewell midfielder Chris Humphrey during the course of last season, and Randolph court the eye. Following his recent spectacular peformances in the SPL this season, Blackpool have made an approach.

Blackpool had been scouting Mothewell midfielder Chris Humphrey during the course of last season, and Randolph court the eye. Following his recent spectacular peformances in the SPL this season, Blackpool have made an approach.

Obviously someone with great English!

Billy Mehmet has seen a move to Hearts collapse following Jim Jefferies' departure.

The former St Mirren star is a free agent after departing Turkish club Samsunspor.

He had agreed terms with the SPL club to return to Scotland.

But the move was cancelled as Jefferies departed this week to be replaced by Portuguese coach Paulo Sergio.

Now his representative has confirmed that a number of clubs in England and Scotland are considering a move for the 27-year-old.

"He was set to go in at Hearts, but unfortunately the circumstances changed with Jim Jefferies leaving," his representative Uben Gray confirmed to skysports.com.

"We have already had talks with a number of clubs, both in England and Scotland."

I know he's one of those players mentioned almost every transfer window but could we be one of the clubs in Scotland looking at him?

Looking at other teams in Scotland who could be in for him the only other ones I can think of would be Hibs and Dundee United.

No real link but we are in need of another striker onboard. Will we go down the route of this sort of player or look for another loanee from a Premiership club?

I know he's one of those players mentioned almost every transfer window but could we be one of the clubs in Scotland looking at him?

Looking at other teams in Scotland who could be in for him the only other ones I can think of would be Hibs and Dundee United.

No real link but we are in need of another striker onboard. Will we go down the route of this sort of player or look for another loanee from a Premiership club?

I quite liked Mehmet, despite him scoring a few against us, but I'd really rather not recreate a St Mirren attack, so hopefully a loanee.

It was just a suggestion...:whistling:

I would just like to see us go for a striker with a bit more experience. At the minute we have a very young strikeforce with only Higdon being the only one over 22. We already have young strikers like McHugh and Smith and I don't think necessarily think signing another young striker from an English team would help. Sure we have been fortunate the last few seasons to land Jutkiewicz and Blackman but we have also had the likes of Lewis Grabban, Semih Aydilek in recent times who failed to make an impact and looking further back we had shite like Andy Smith, Neil Tarrant and Steven Ferguson.:ph34r:

I think although we have had success in recent years in this market it can be hit and miss and with the young inexperienced strikers we already have I would like to see someone with a bit more experience, maybe a hardened league 1 type striker who could put himself about a bit and chip in with 10 or so goals a season. Essentially someone in a John Sutton mould as although I like Higdon and think he will really be a good signing for us he really is a different player to Sutton. Also not to forget we've lost the experience of Franny Jeffers from last season.

Then again if we were to find another Jutkiewicz type I obviously wouldn't complain.;)

mehmet will be on a good wage over in turkey so that rules us out no that im bothered i always thought he was dross

Aye he might have been on a good wage, but now he is on nout. So I think any kind of wage would be nice.

Raging we lost Gunning to Dundee Utd. Lack of ambition from the club?

Has that been confirmed about Gunning and, is so, is it a loan deal? I don't think it would have anything to do with a lack of our ambition seeing as he seems to have been used as a bargaining chip. Dundee Utd had something Blackburn wanted, we didn't.

• Like 1

Has that been confirmed about Gunning and, is so, is it a loan deal? I don't think it would have anything to do with a lack of our ambition seeing as he seems to have been used as a bargaining chip. Dundee Utd had something Blackburn wanted, we didn't.

Last I heard, he was training with them yesterday and they had offered him a 3 year deal.

Sure we have been fortunate the last few seasons to land Jutkiewicz and Blackman but we have also had the likes of Lewis Grabban, Semih Aydilek in recent times who failed to make an impact and looking further back we had shite like Andy Smith, Neil Tarrant and Steven Ferguson.

Who the hell is this? I completely can't remember him!

As stated above, its a 3-year deal.

However, both clubs were quick to refute the possibility of this deal being connected with the Goodwillie transfer. Apparently, this would have happened regardless and is in no way involved with the other transfer. Just merely coincidental. So, the door would have been open for us to sign Gunning, if he was desired.

Edit: As for Semih Aydilek, he was on loan (at the end of McGhee's first season, IIRC) from Birmingham City. Never featured, bar a few fancy flicks and touches in the occasional warm-up and half-time mess-around. Quickly got injured in a bounce/U19 match and was promptly fired back to Brum.