2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

:blink: You honestly waited from June 4th to get that off your chest?

I hope you feel better now!

Actually i replied to that little gem the day after you wrote it but hey maybe you were on the Rangers forum that day. Im also a little surprised how all of a sudden it's fine to say Jeffers wasn't the answer but back in June it was off to the bad fire with you for daring to mention such things. "my campaign" that he was unfit and in poor form proved to be correct but i bow to your superior knowledge of Australian football and i will listen intently to your input when Motherwell are next linked with a player playing in Australia.

The imagination shown by Aberdeen's extensive scouting network continues to impress.

dazzer gets his rumours from thingsmadeupbysadcases.com. any idiot can go on those sites and link any player to any club. the fact that he keeps on reposting them here gives a strong hint as to who is making them up.

jeffers was worth it just for his goal at aberdeen and the performances in the two quarters and the semi. his signing and that of ross were a bit like bob malcolm's a few years ago, a good move when the window was shut to help us achieve our goals but not worth it under normal circumstances.

Actually i replied to that little gem the day after you wrote it but hey maybe you were on the Rangers forum that day. Im also a little surprised how all of a sudden it's fine to say Jeffers wasn't the answer but back in June it was off to the bad fire with you for daring to mention such things. "my campaign" that he was unfit and in poor form proved to be correct but i bow to your superior knowledge of Australian football and i will listen intently to your input when Motherwell are next linked with a player playing in Australia.

Or we could just give players a clean start when they sign for Motherwell,radical i know but it sometimes works.

05 Aug 2011 12:13:56

Sheffield Wednesday central defender Mark Reynolds set to move to Aberdeen on a season long loan deal where he'll link up with his former Motherwell manager Craig Brown. Reynolds has failed to settle in Sheffield and has had a number of fall outs with Gary Megson who refuses to use him in his favoured central role and continues to play him out of position.

This "link" between Reynolds & Aberdeen isn't mentioned anywhere else that I can see on the internet.

To say I'm slightly dubious is an understatement.

There are 2 really simple formulas the media follow when it comes to us, Random former player linked with club managed by former manager or Current player who is doing well linked with club managed by former manager or Mould Firm.

Certain (and I use this word liberally) Journalists seem to use this formula more than others step up the Express sports team !

It does seem though that the media don't have a similar strategy to link players to the club.

Either that or there was a walk on that day ;)

There was a Trialist playing with the under 19,s last week at Bathgate don't know if hes the French-Angolan player but he played well ,its a pity we've lost out again by yet another admin error or a cock up as Dossers fae the shire wid sae.

he might have been a good player but i doubt he was worth 90,000 euros which is what we would have had to pay to various french amatuer teams.

i'm guessing his agent didn't inform us of that when he brought the guy over.

he might have been a good player but i doubt he was worth 90,000 euros which is what we would have had to pay to various french amatuer teams.

I thought amatuer teams didnt recieve any money.

Clarky out of the picture at Bristol by the looks of it - Seems to have played in Bristol City X1s in pre season and not on the bench yesterday. Had his No9 shirt taken off him (he's 16 now)

Nice wee loan move Clarky?

Clarky is injured Steve ,i for one would like to see him back at Motherwell though.

I thought amatuer teams didnt recieve any money.

i had a google of the rules

up until a certain age (23) if a club signs a player on his first pro contract they have to pay 'training compensation' to the clubs that developed him from the age of 12 to 21.

fifa rules govern cross border signings and the lowest grade of compensation under their guidelines is 10,000 euros per season.

i had a google of the rules

up until a certain age (23) if a club signs a player on his first pro contract they have to pay 'training compensation' to the clubs that developed him from the age of 12 to 21.

fifa rules govern cross border signings and the lowest grade of compensation under their guidelines is 10,000 euros per season.

Another great football rule by the looks of it steelboy, we lose out ,the player loses out and even his former clubs lose out because a lot of clubs cant or wont pay that kind of money .90,000 euros 10,000 a season tae amateur clubs wonder who thought that one up. Saying that there will be players and clubs who will benefit no doubt.

Another great football rule by the looks of it steelboy, we lose out ,the player loses out and even his former clubs lose out because a lot of clubs cant or wont pay that kind of money .90,000 euros 10,000 a season tae amateur clubs wonder who thought that one up. Saying that there will be players and clubs who will benefit no doubt.

Certainly seems to favour teams with the money, as usual. Smaller teams like us who can bring boys on get the shaft while teams with spending power can just accumulate players and have them rot.

Official Twitter:

"He (McCall) also confirmed again there have been no enquiries for any of our players, there is no pressure to sell and wants to keep squad together"

Joe Jordan in the POD Stand today. More likely watching Hearts than Murphy but Spurs have been mentioned. I do doubt it though. Sally was sat behind him and I'm pretty sure he was there for two reasons.

:lol: Discussing this on Sunday, me n my mate thought it was bag of matchballs or a set of strips we were due them. 90K??? Having a laugh!!!!

:lol: Discussing this on Sunday, me n my mate thought it was bag of matchballs or a set of strips we were due them. 90K??? Having a laugh!!!!

I can understand why UEFA implemented the ruling but the transient nature of this guy's career to date suggests he'll only be taken on if a manager takes a real shine to him in a relatively affluent league (£85k for a young, untried amateur needs a fair bit of acumen/balls to take a punt on him).

In doing this, UEFA have probably consigned this guy to never stepping up to the next level due to the ball and chain that comes with his signature.