2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

:lol: Discussing this on Sunday, me n my mate thought it was bag of matchballs or a set of strips we were due them. 90K??? Having a laugh!!!!

The "bag of matchball" transfers is why UEFA implemented the rule - to help fund the investment at grass roots level. Unfortunately, it looks like they have gone to the other extreme and, in this case at least, hampered the prospects of the amateurs.

whilst there is time left yet within the transfer window, i cant help but feel that McCalls budget has been cut back. It was suggested we would bring in one more full time player, Reynolds or Gunning were likely players and a couple of loan signings. We've lost Saunders for the season, annd apparently released another couple of former u19 players, and yet all we here is that we are stepping up efforts to bring in a loan signing or if we are lucky two. Even looking at the u19's squad they seem awfully short of options up front as well. I appreciate finances are tight, but we are on the back of a good season in terms of generating income, and freed up alot of wages. You ve got to wonder if like last season the board or chief exec are moving the goalposts with regards to budgets. How long into the season before we start to struggle to even fill the bench? I dread to think what next seasons squad will look like if we dont equal last seasons efforts and rewards.

Just heard from my mate (Boagster MFC) that we have signed Grabatelli, a Striker on loan 'till the end of the season from Spurs. Don't know much about the lad, anyone heard anything?

Monday called. It wants its joke back.

Maurice Ross back for a season?

Nah Us/Utd is about Gunnings level just now.

Some potential there but still pretty raw. Would have been delighted to have him but mostly for cover for Hammell and a bit of competition for Hutch and Craigan. With some improvements he might have been an excellent long term solution to replacing Craggs but not quite ready.

Read of official site that McCall wants to sign a centre half that can play right back with Saunders out. Got to question what that means for Jon Page - is he out of the picture or is he now seen as a midfielder?

It probably means Page isn't much good. I don't like to write anyone off on a handful of games but he certainly not much cover at full back. He looked like a lumbering oaf when played there.

I suspect young Page is of the Bobby Donnelly level. That player he reminds me of a touch in recent times.

It probably means Page isn't much good. I don't like to write anyone off on a handful of games but he certainly not much cover at full back. He looked like a lumbering oaf when played there.

I suspect young Page is of the Bobby Donnelly level. That player he reminds me of a touch in recent times.

Bobby Donnelly? Christ. That's a career ender.

Page looked as if he at least knew that the round effort didn't have Fray Bento's written oan it.

Dont panic with regards to no loans in yet. Remember 25 man squad in EPL extra players get loaed into championship squads they get who thought they might be in the starting eleven panic ad go elsewhere on loan.

As soon as the window shuts the panic moves follows :cheers:

Worth mentioning that under-21s don't count either in the 25 man squad. Confident we'll get a couple in.

kenny black said, according to BBC teletext:

"we're looking to get 1 or 2 signings to fill the gap left by saunders injury".

"and his injury leaves us a bit thin on the ground".

Aye - I think it was touched on earlier in the thread fergie.

What I read at the weekend was - we're looking for two centre backs - one left, one right, capable of filling in at full back.

Plus a wide player to give us attacking options