2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Owls fan on FirParkCorner saying Coke being linked with a return to FP!

Thoughts? - I don't think we could afford wages....

Be pretty delighted with that if he fancies it. Bit of power and pace in the middle of the park.

i think thats a bit harsh!!! Kilmarnock have spent a fortune on wages this season,

"

Untrue, our wage bill is lower than at any time under Jefferies.

We couldn't compete with Motherwell in terms of wages for Higdon, same with St Mirren for Carey.

KS just seems to be able to persuade players to sign in order to put themselves in the shop window. Buijis being the class example. Around 300 games in Dutch Top League, 70 odd of them for Feyenoord yet he signed for us even though he was a regular at Den Haag.

Untrue, our wage bill is lower than at any time under Jefferies.

We couldn't compete with Motherwell in terms of wages for Higdon, same with St Mirren for Carey.

KS just seems to be able to persuade players to sign in order to put themselves in the shop window. Buijis being the class example. Around 300 games in Dutch Top League, 70 odd of them for Feyenoord yet he signed for us even though he was a regular at Den Haag.

We've had this argument before Rodentshagger, Killie defintely have a far bigger wage budget than Motherwell. We may pay more to our 1st XI though.

Anyway, congratulations on making a full, coherent post :thumbup:

Heard of Clancy obviously, couldn't put a face to the name, tell you what position he played or whether he's any good or not.

So will wait and see with an open mind what he can contribute.

He has been brutal anytime I have watched him, and that opinion has been backed up by some Killie Bhoys that I know....however as others have said, Killies style of football may not have suited him and he might excel as part of a better team.

Had a look on Pie And Bovril for Killie fans views on Clancy,turns out there is a strong rumour they will be using Clancys wages to bring Paul Quinn on loan from Cardiff!!!

Now there is a move I would have liked to have seen!

Guessing our previous run ins with Cardiff rule that out.

Had a look on Pie And Bovril for Killie fans views on Clancy,turns out there is a strong rumour they will be using Clancys wages to bring Paul Quinn on loan from Cardiff!!!

no chance big quinn wouldny fit it with killies barcelona esque passing style :P

Is Quinn not finally getting a game at Cardiff? Seems a bit odd.

Quinn has more or less been part of Cardiff first team suquad since he went down there. Don't think he ever nailed a jersey but he has never seemed to be to far out the picture 50 or so appearances most of them starts.

Might be changed now though with a new manager. Seems to have played in two carling cup ties this season. Usually a sign at not being a first pick at any rate.

As for Glancy, played 70 plus games for Killie. Might not be great but he fits the bill in terms of experience and versality.

Kinda hoping we don't get to see much of him due to current guys keeping fit and playing well but hope he does well if and when opportunity come by and he can keep other guys on their toes at the least.

Those umimpressed with the Clancy signing, I have one question. What quality of experienced player do you think is going to come to Motherwell knowing that they'll be on the bench if everyone stays fit? A bit of a reality check is required here. He's coming here as backup. Not to be the saviour of our season...

Not completed yet but Shiels quoted on the BBC website like it is a done deal. Few Killie mates say he isn't up to much but I don't think he has been brought to the Club for any other reason than cover any suspensions/injuries in defence. I'll wait to see what he is like in our colours before judging him but it could turn out to be a very shrewd piece of business.

I'm disappointed that he's stopped writing them espionage books

The only thing i can remember about him is when he took a shy in front of the East stand and someone let out a roar 'Haw Clancy yer books are pish'

So badly ripped to shreds his playing record v 'Well last season was P3 W2 D1 L0. In fact he's never lost a game at Fir Park (3 appearances)!

He didn't play the first half of the season last term because Killie had the excellent Ben Gordon on loan from Chelsea. Second half he was a first choice pick in the second half of the season after Gordon went back down south, played 18+2 subs in the league without scoring.

ben gordon is a left back, what has that got to do with clancy?

i don't understand what the reslts of the games have to do with his performances/ability? if jenno hadn't shat the bed at 0-0 in the first game at fir park would he have been a worse player?

the guy is slow and he made jones (currently in the blue square north)look a player back in may. he's 27 and has 70 senior appearances so he's hardly experienced.

st mirren and killie have found young, cheap promising fullbacks this summer, why can't we look a bit further a field?

ben gordon is a left back, what has that got to do with clancy?

i don't understand what the reslts of the games have to do with his performances/ability? if jenno hadn't shat the bed at 0-0 in the first game at fir park would he have been a worse player?

the guy is slow and he made jones (currently in the blue square north)look a player back in may. he's 27 and has 70 senior appearances so he's hardly experienced.

st mirren and killie have found young, cheap promising fullbacks this summer, why can't we look a bit further a field?

OK then. He's shit. It's a disaster. Woe is me. Woe! Woe! Every Motherwell supporter, gather at Fir Park tonight. Bring a stick of dynamite and we'll blow the whole place and every one of us sky high.

All because we brought in Tim fucking Clancy for a year as cover for an injured player.

What a black night for Lanarkshire. Motherwell FC homeless, Clancy on the books, all the supporters dead. Thousands of orphans, widows, fathers and mothers burying sons and daughters.

McCall why did you make this signing! Why! I hope every bereaved victim of this signing puts a curse on this devil McCall and his evil signing policy!

• Like 4

whats wrong Steelboy? you not happy with the signing, dont feel its good value for your cash input to the club

noticed some negative vibes from your postings

this particular signing just seems like the easy option. st mirren get a decent looking full back from holland, killie sign a rapid young guy from ipswich to play left back. obviously both signings involved contacts/scouting. we hear a killie reserve is told he can leave for free and sign him up. it reminds me of signing meldrum because he lived locally or molloy and keegan because they had the same agent as danny murphy.

we've had a great start but our performances haven't been great. ict and 30 minutes against 10 men of hearts was good but killie, st mirren and rangers were all underwhelming and the first half against hearts was rank. our squad is paper thin and our only experienced forward might be completely useless with our style of play. things are going well the now but i don't think it will take much to knock us off our stride.

if we sign a decent striker and a winger then i'll be delighted and very confident. if we don't then questions have to be asked why not. st mirren and killie have stronger looking squads than us, i can't imagine they are spending much more than us.