2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Bollocks to that. We simply don't know who will still be with us when the new season kicks off. I remember all the talk of how many players we'd lose after the cup final, and it amounted to Sutton.

there's no way randolph, hateley, hutchinson, murphy and probably law will be signing new deals here. craigan is near the end of his career as well. that's 6 out of your 11 starters.

there's no way randolph, hateley, hutchinson, murphy and probably law will be signing new deals here. craigan is near the end of his career as well. that's 6 out of your 11 starters.

If they decide not to sign, I'm guessing that McCall will be among the first to know so he'll deal with it appropriately.

I would be surprised if we lost every single one of the guys you listed there within the next season or two though.

Not worried, it's been this way for years.

We sell the last batch Murphy, Hutch & Saunders etc. and bring through the new generation. Zaine Francis-Angol, Hethrington & Herman the Frenchman all look like very good prospects. Hopefully see them start coming through in the next few years.

And as long as there's English clubs stupid enough to let the likes of Randolph and Hateley leave for nothing we should still be able to pick up a few gems along the way.

:cheers:

it's all if's and but's. Sell one or two, use money to resign those others on better terms seems the normal. We are having one of our best seasons so far for many a year, so why worry about future seasons. We've always managed to do quite well, at times when things seem bleak. Cannae see many players wanting to leave if we are in the champions league next season :evilgrin:

Feckin hell im depressed too reading this. We've always brought players in then moved them on for a decent fee. What it means is we'll always be able to get good potential players as agents know we'll look after them then sell them on. Im not reading this thread anymore and £600 grand for Randolph is ok. :mellow:

there's a thread on p&b claiming we have an estonian called henrik ojamaa on trial.

smells a bit casagolda. what's happening with hughes?

Henrik Ojamaa (born 20 May 1991 in Tallinn) is an Estonian footballer who currently plays for RoPS. His preferred position is striker, but he is often used as an attacking midfielder or winger.

Club career

Derby County F.C.

Ojamaa played 2 years for Derby County Academy, before signing a one-year professional contract with the club in June 2009. He was Derby County's Scholar of the Year in 2008–09. At the end of November 2009, he joined Stafford Rangers on a loan for one month. He won numerous Man of the Match awards during his short spell. At the end of the 2009–10 season Derby announced that, along with several first team players such as Gary Teale and Jay McEveley, Ojamaa would be released at the end of their contracts in June 2010.

Alemannia Aachen

On 18 May 2010, he signed a two-year contract with German club Alemannia Aachen, starting in July 2010. He made his official debut for Alemannia Aachen on 27 November 2010 when in the 88-th minute he was substituted in. On 12 January 2011, Dutch club Fortuna Sittard announced that they would rent the player for the rest of the 2010–2011 season. This means that he will play at the club for half a year, after which he will go back to Alemannia Aachen.

International career

Ojamaa is a member of the Estonian under-21 team. He was a key member of the U19 national team when they qualified for the UEFA U19 Championship Elite Round to face Spain, Germany and the Czech Republic.

As in the shoutbox, according to Scott Burns on twitter Hughes is set to re-sign till January today.

I personally think this will be a great piece of business. At home this season we've badly struggled to break teams down and having someone with Hughes ability to pick a pass will be a real bonus. We are the joint lowest scorers at home in the SPL with only 6 goals in 7 games and four of them came in the first two matches!

Picking up a Scottish International with a decent pedigree on a free transfer on little wages should be very good for us. It gives a little more depth and adds a bit more quality to the squad.

This is assuming it goes through and Burns isn't talking shite, however if he's correct I for one will be delighted to have Hughes on board for the next 3 months. Think he will do us a good turn.

I personally think this will be a great piece of business. At home this season we've badly struggled to break teams down and having someone with Hughes ability to pick a pass will be a real bonus. We are the joint lowest scorers at home in the SPL with only 6 goals in 7 games and four of them came in the first two matches!

Stephen Hughes can produce all the ammunition in the world but it will be of very limited benefit if we have no-one on the box to pull the trigger. Our problem continues to be turning pressure into shots/headers on target. That is why we are not scoring goals at home.

Stephen Hughes can produce all the ammunition in the world but it will be of very limited benefit if we have no-one on the box to pull the trigger. Our problem continues to be turning pressure into shots/headers on target. That is why we are not scoring goals at home.

Higdon has proven capable of scoring goals as can Murphy albeit he isn't exactly clinical. If Hughes can add another dimension I'm sure these two can benefit.

As for where he fits in himself. I'd assume to start with on the bench. Firstly for all our flaws we are doing pretty well and despite being maybe of the pace a bit guys like Humphrey and Murphy are contributing even if it is mostly the threat of Humphrey's pace making defences focus on him more than his more tangible contributions which seem less than last season. Their perceived threat as it were.

Secondly he surely isn't match fit and he might be more suit to coming off the bench when our plan A isn't working or we just need fresh legs to see a game out.

Good player though I hope he can make an impact and if he forces himself in the starting XI then great but hope we can get an extension to end of the season if he looks anything like he did in his first season.

Is it worth it? till january

good question......and what does "til January" mean? end of December? so he is free to walk out 1st January? or the end of January?

if its until Dec 31st, we have 7 games between now and then - is that realistic time frame to see how he fits in plus get game time and prove his match fitness?

or are we only offering him buttons, therefore he's happy to accept that money for 7/8 weeks, putting himself in the shop window - but come January he'll be looking for more? or a move away? are we likely to sell anyone in January that will help finance a longer deal?

i think its a good deal for us overall, if he plays, the team will need to change slightly and i dont think thats a bad thing - we have become far too one dimensional, teams know how wea re going to line up and play, so having options cant be a bad thing

• Like 1

Hughes signing for 5 minutes is fine by me but im more hopefull of getting a striker who can actually run and hit the feckin ball.Hope this Estonian chappy fits the bill. Look at the hidden gem Falkirk uncovered fae non league French football. Someone like that would have me jubilant. :thumbup:

There's a similar but slightly longer video on Pie and Bovril which shows much the same stuff. Strangely for a publicity video it continually shows him getting into a shooting position and then blazing wildly off-target. Admittedly I only watched the first 4 minutes before getting fed up and there were a few one on ones he did score (as he should have) but I thought it was strange to show some of them. He also appears to be incredibly one-footed although that doesn't stop a good few of our team getting a game.

There's a similar but slightly longer video on Pie and Bovril which shows much the same stuff. Strangely for a publicity video it continually shows him getting into a shooting position and then blazing wildly off-target. Admittedly I only watched the first 4 minutes before getting fed up and there were a few one on ones he did score (as he should have) but I thought it was strange to show some of them. He also appears to be incredibly one-footed although that doesn't stop a good few of our team getting a game.

On trial. Not even seen him in the flesh and he is already getting slated. He is probably on the ferry home right now.

My thoughts... He is young, looks creative and has a bit of pace. Worth a punt.

I've not seen him in the flesh but if he or his representatives choose to make a video of him then it is out there to be commented on. However if he's on trial I'm quite happy for the coaching staff to make up their own minds after seeing him train. It does seem from his video that he is very right footed with little end product. We've got other one footed players though but it's one of my pet hates which is probably why I picked up on it.