2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7354011/

Chase on for Humphrey

Skysports.com understands a host of Premier League and Championship sides are tracking Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.

Flying wide-man Humphreyspacer.gif has been earning rave reviews in the SPL and his performances have alerted a number of clubs in England and Scotland.

Scouts from Premier League and Championship clubs have been flocking to Fir Park to cast an eye over the 24-year-old.

It is believed representatives from Swansea, Sunderland,spacer.gifNewcastle,spacer.gif Bolton, Leicester,spacer.gif Birmingham and Rangersspacer.gif were all in attendance for Friday's game against Hibernian,spacer.gif only for the game to be abandoned at half-time due to an electrical fire.

Humphrey, who has virtually been an ever-present in the Motherwellspacer.gif side this season, has established himself as a key player in Stuart McCall's side and the Lanarkshire club are bracing themselves for bids for the wide-man when the transfer window reopens next month.

Motherwell would be reluctant to lose Humphrey, but they would find it hard to reject any sizeable offers for his services in January.

Humphrey admits he is not thinking about the speculation and is focused on doing his best for Motherwell.

"Speculation always happens, but I am not interested in speculation," Humphrey told skysports.com.

"My main focus is to do my best for Motherwell week in and week out.

"We were all really disappointed the game was abandoned on Friday as we were awful in the first half and we were looking to put on a good show in the second half."

:mellow:

Slow news day at Sky?

Its silly season as you know...so it wont be long untill the next player will be linked to a number of clubs... It happens every year, year in year out. Last Season it was Murphy was it not.

I find it an odd one.

Okay we're only a few weeks away from the window re-opening but the timing strikes me as very strange. For one thing Hump's current level of form is a fair bit off some of the heights he's hit in the past for Motherwell, and it's not as if he's moving into pre-contract country either. With him signing a new deal earlier in the year, anyone looking to buy is going to have to pay a bit of money for him.

The curious thing is that this isn't the first time he's been linked with EPL teams either. There have been a few players over the years where you've thought, aye this one has it within them to go down south or even to one of the Old Firm in their stronger days, where you felt they could comfortably hold their own. I just don't see it with Chris as it stands.

He must have a cracking agent! :whistling:

But seriously with length of contract Humphrey is on, Omar Daley on a two year and Steven Lawless continuing to develop quietly at the Wee Rovers I think the club would have to seriously consider a decent bid if it were to come in from one of these sides mentioned.

Most players will be watched, with Humphrey form not being at best yet, clubs might be looking for a good deal, last season his form merited the interest, just because a player is having a dip in form that will not effect the scouts looking for a steal, if a club can get a player on the cheap its worth the gamble.

I know Humphrey will find his form again soon, so it might be worth looking at offers.

You being serious Dazzer ,Humphs and Murphy are playing crap because Higdon is moaning at them . :laugh:

No im not... but it is not helping matters is it, it wasnst long ago when Higdon was going through the same poor run.... If We are wanting to get 3rd place, the issues that were clearly on show coming off the pitch Friday need to be resolved, Players fall out, but at the end of the day they all want to win.

Humphrey and Murphy will come good, might mean a bit of chopping and changing with the formation but they will come out the other end im sure.

Confidence

Humphrey has limited technical ability. That means he's CRAP! We need to offload some deadwood in the Jan window to free up funds to get in 2 decent strikers and Higdon can go also so can Murphy if the price is right as far as im concerned.

• Like 3

Humphrey has limited technical ability. That means he's CRAP! We need to offload some deadwood in the Jan window to free up funds to get in 2 decent strikers and Higdon can go also so can Murphy if the price is right as far as im concerned.

Now your in for it DEWELL get yer crash helmet on ,I get where your coming from though Jamie might need a new club for his own sake more than anything, Humphrey sorry never rated the guy he can go anytime, Higdon I must admit Im starting to like the big guy so I cant agree with you on that one.

the issues that were clearly on show coming off the pitch Friday need to be resolved, Players fall out, but at the end of the day they all want to win.

right you are plugging these issues quite frequently now

I dont even think you were at the game, were you?

or is Chris telling you he's getting bullied?

or did you just pick up on what one person out of a thousand or so,said on one post on the internet, as it suits your agenda?

and stop with the wanky font, we all know you are special, you dont need to remind us visually, its like trafficlight all over again 8)

Most players will be watched, with Humphrey form not being at best yet, clubs might be looking for a good deal, last season his form merited the interest, just because a player is having a dip in form that will not effect the scouts looking for a steal, if a club can get a player on the cheap its worth the gamble.

I know Humphrey will find his form again soon, so it might be worth looking at offers. [/size][/font]

I'd say the problem just now is that Humphrey has found his true form... The decent couple of months he had last season is the exception rather than the rule and if anyone is offering cash we should take their hand off for it. Saying that I do think this story is complete nonsense.

:wank:

right you are plugging these issues quite frequently now

I dont even think you were at the game, were you?

or is Chris telling you he's getting bullied?

or did you just pick up on what one person out of a thousand or so,said on one post on the internet, as it suits your agenda?

and stop with the wanky font, we all know you are special, you dont need to remind us visually, its like trafficlight all over again 8)

• Like 1

For christ sakes guys. Scouts could well be reading this very messageboard...............

I think Humphrey is yet to realise his full potential. In fact if we get £2m for him it could prove to be the steal of the century. He is only going to get better.......in fact I would say he could be a £10m player in a year or two :evilgrin:

Actually in truth I like Humphrey. Has gone off the boil recently, but then so have most of the team barring Lasley, Jennings & Hammell who can be relied to put in a 6 ro 7 out of 10 performance as a minimum.