2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

With him signing a new deal earlier in the year, anyone looking to buy is going to have to pay a bit of money for him.

if anyone at the club knocks back a six figure offer for chris humphrey they need their head examined.

i refuse to believe this is true anyway. other than a half hour spell against hibs in the league cup he has been utterly rank this season. his performances against killie and st mirren away were as bad as i've ever seen from a motherwell player.

In all his time at the Club, Humphrey has probably only had a two to three month spell of playing well. That was about the first three months of this year. Three good months in about 30 months with the Club (give or take) is pretty poor imo. When is this good form coming? When is this potential being realised?

• Like 1

Race between Murphy and Humphrey then and Humphrey is a few yards behind Murphy?

Humphrey is a player we need, no matter how shite he is he takes two players from the opponents out. Sadly our rather static midfield can't always be arsed to find that space

• Like 1

Race between Murphy and Humphrey then and Humphrey is a few yards behind Murphy?

Humphrey is a player we need, no matter how shite he is he takes two players from the opponents out. Sadly our rather static midfield can't always be arsed to find that space

This sums it up.

Opposing teams need to put two players on him because of his speed, but we fail to capitalise on the space that gives us. Our midfield are too slow in getting forward to exploit the gap.

• Like 2

This sums it up.

Opposing teams need to put two players on him because of his speed, but we fail to capitalise on the space that gives us. Our midfield are too slow in getting forward to exploit the gap.

There have been a number of good balls into the box this season which have resulted from Humphrey getting down the wing, being double teamed, then playing the easy ball back to Hateley. He then has plenty time to measure the cross as he is left unmarked because the defending team has 2 men on the Humph.

I see it all the time in front of me in the East Stand, not sure why others don't.

Humphrey isn't setting the world alight this season, but IMHO that's to a fair degree down to being doubled up on. Even then I do still think we are getting benefit out of having him in the team.

In saying all that, it's an area where we have decent cover, so I wouldn't be too upset if he did go (assuming there was a fair bid).

What would be the point in cashing in on a player who is essential to the team?

Murphy and Humphrey both create space for our midfield. Without them Law, Hateley, Hammy, Lasley and Jenno wouldn't get forward and we'd be looking at a much, MUCH lower league position.

Can't help but laugh at how many people there are on this forum who only look at direct impact of players rather than everything else.

• Like 1

Murphy and Humphrey both create space for our midfield. Without them Law, Hateley, Hammy, Lasley and Jenno wouldn't get forward and we'd be looking at a much, MUCH lower league position.

Can't help but laugh at how many people there are on this forum who only look at direct impact of players rather than everything else.

Indeed, which is the very reason this is one of the few transfers out I could probably countenance in January. It's the "everything else" bit that's the key and by that I mean more than just Humphrey.

First off I'm inclined to agree with those that have already posted they consider this speculation bullshit anyway and I'm hardly hurrying him out the door; but Humphrey is one of the few players that I think we could get away with losing - if and I stress if the bid was of a certain value.

Someone coming in for the likes of Randolph at the back end of January would leave me with sleepless nights about our ability to get by in the short to medium term, particularly with Hollis injured too.

If someone comes in for Hump at the same stage we already have a ready made replacement at the club in Omar Daley and I'm hopeful that Steven Lawless will come good too.

And if the blow of losing Chris was further softened by an amount that would help us with the running of the club and retain the services of players who genuinely are essential to the team, then as I say I'd say that would be a deal I would be content enough with.

the speculation isn't about a player that is essential to the team

fans speculating about a cash offer for Humprey being grasped with both hands are doing so on the basis that we already have players at the club that can step in and fill that first team slot

and as a club with no owner and no financial backing, the board would be negligent to ignore such an approach if it were to ever happen, as unlikely as it is

the club needs income, and a player being sold on , is sadly (or hopefully dependent on how you look at it), going to happen

the business model of the club also benefits from, or is it requires? youth players to move on up into the first team, has that been happening?

but your right some people only look at limited factors rather than everything else

Speculation is indeed true...very popular boy is our Chris.

Personally I think his ability is extremely limited, and the areas in which he does possess talent, he doesn't use often enough or at the right times. I'll take the cash please...I fully expect when Omar Daley has been here 2 years and we put his stats next to Humphrey's, it would be easy to assume Chris hardly played in comparison.

• Like 1

Getting off track of the lets hate someone in the team but is any other news coming out about this estonian boy a few papers are saying hes the hottest property coming out of estonia just now well the record and the sun if you can call them papers lol

:cheers:

Meanwhile, McCall is pursuing his interest in Estonian Henrik Ojamaa, who has been on trial at Fir Park.

The 20-year-old striker, who was once on the books of Derby, is available on a free transfer after leaving Finnish side RoPS.

"We are in discussions," McCall said.

"We can't play him until January anyway, so we will just have to see if we can come to an agreement."

Getting off track of the lets hate someone in the team but is any other news coming out about this estonian boy a few papers are saying hes the hottest property coming out of estonia just now well the record and the sun if you can call them papers lol

Is the 'hottest property coming out of Estonia' the sign of a good player like?

Who was the last player with that label? Mart Poom?

Is the 'hottest property coming out of Estonia' the sign of a good player like?

Who was the last player with that label? Mart Poom?

Makes me start to question our youth set up, how many of our regular starters in the under 19,s have come up through the ranks .Devlin came from Dumbarton, there is the guy from spurs, the frenchman ,Hetherington im sure came from Rangers ,thats four that i know of, now were lookin at some young striker from estonia ,what about McHugh ,Smith,Lawless not good enough. Or is our youth set up not good enough.

Makes me start to question our youth set up, how many of our regular starters in the under 19,s have come up through the ranks .Devlin came from Dumbarton, there is the guy from spurs, the frenchman ,Hetherington im sure came from Rangers ,thats four that i know of, now were lookin at some young striker from estonia ,what about McHugh ,Smith,Lawless not good enough. Or is our youth set up not good enough.

I think it's more a case of our squad not being big enough. If we lost one or two players in Jan, even with the youth players, we'd have a very thin first team pool to choose from.

It's never a bad idea to bring in quality when it's available (assuming this guy is quality, of course).

Got a centre-half fae Everton (cannae mind his name) and a centre-forward fae Hibs (McGachie) as well, both signed when they were released by their clubs. Add in Saunders, Hutchison, Page as well, who were all signed to play for our youths but have progressed to the 1st team.