2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Pretty good answer if im honest, and your right not many are bullet proof when it comes to criticism (Apart from Craggs) of course. I wont agree he has been poor, as other areas within the team have improved as a result of his wide play. But agree in terms of the heights he managed last season, yet to come.

And everytime i watch Humphrey regardless of the scoreline he will clap the fans before anything at the end of the game. Good Pro. More to come.

Nobody is actually disputing that Dazzer. £1.5 million is an unbeleivable offer for him and I for one don't think he is worth that fee. I won't complain if we get it though.

. I wont agree he has been poor, as other areas within the team have improved as a result of his wide play.

By that rationale, we could ask Maradona to stand on the wing and do a few lines, the opposition would watch him and it would improve our team, but the reality would be he was still a fat past it old junkey!

No. Humphrey has this season been by and large shite!

If we can somehow get £1.5million for this athlete (note he's an athlete not a footballer) that will be phenomenal and by far the best thing Humphrey has done for the club in his Motherwell career.

Now don't get me wrong, there have been the odd games where he gets stuck in and things go for him. If we could get that level of performance from him every week then he would be one of the fans favourites. Sadly, I've only seen once this season! Not good enough Im afraid.

No. Humphrey has this season been by and large shite!

If we can somehow get £1.5million for this athlete (note he's an athlete not a footballer) that will be phenomenal and by far the best thing Humphrey has done for the club in his Motherwell career.

Thats really not fare on the lad,, below par on occasions but not shite!

• Like 1

TBH, I think anything near that amount of cash for Humphrey would be fantastic. I have to agree that he will never be a proper footballer as long as he has a hole in his arse; by that I mean I have been to countless games and got frustrated by his lack of footballing savvy, when to run off the shoulder, when to come inside, when to take another touch before he crosses.... If we can recoup that sort of cash for a lad that is basically a sprinter with some footballing skill then happy days. When he is on song he is a joy to watch and I do believe that he more than alot of players relies heavily on confidence and when he doesnt have it, it really shows. He's certainly blown hot and cold this season, and in recent games Daley has been more of a threat than Humph. I wouldn't be too upset if he stayed and similarly I'd feel the same way if he went onto pastures new, with our best wishes.

• Like 1

To be fair, Humph hasn't really shown his true form since the birth of his kid, maybe the lack of sleep is affecting his game.in the st mirren game at Paisley he looked shattered, even at the start of the season. Could well see him firing in crosses for Grant Holt or someone else down south!

He seems to be a right good guy, but football wise he has been well and truly sussed by every team in league and he seems unable to adapt his game to be a bit less predictable.

Might be partly down to the type of job McCall wants him to do, but McCall must also be seeing that it isn't working for him so far this season.

Grant Holt would be a great SPL player, but it doesn't mean he would be able to get on the end of the majority of Humphreys crosses!

I dunno about that, I don't play in the SPL at all and i've been on the end of at least a couple of them.

• Like 5

The Express said most of our players are tied up beyond the summer, but I'm sure there must be a good few.

Definitely Hammell, Craigan, Jennings, Hollis, Lasley, Clancy and obviously Hughes in January. I also reckon Page must be out of contract this year.

Am I right in saying Gannon gave McHugh and Forbes three year deals in 09/10?

if thats true - i cant see Forbes staying, i think there may be an agreement if he can find somewhere else - he will be allowed to leave

would like to tie Jenno up again - but I cant be bothered with saga that seems to come with him

Lasley - yes, Hammell- yes - been two of our better players this season

someone above mentioned teams have sussed Humphrey, and I think thats very true..............he cant be that shite to be attracting interest from elsewhere, but if the ££ quoted are true, then we need to accept it. Daley has already shown he can come in and do a good job, and there are no additional funds needed to find a replacement

Thats because Humphrey isnt shite, and it wont be long before people realise that, he has had a dip in form nothing more or less than any other player in the team, 3rd in the SPL something is working, and McCall believes in him, and thats the opinion that counts.

If his game is based on confidence, im sure reading this will boost it!