2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

If McCall is determined to play 4-5-1, leaving Sutton isolated up front won't be any more productive than leaving Higdon isolated up front.

We need to close that gap between our midfielders and our lone striker.

Always had a soft spot for Hughes but he's made a good living from football and doesn't seem interested in getting back to his best. Mind you, I won't be surprised if he ends up at the likes of St Mirren.

Given that McCall wasn't for keeping him, why play him at Ibrox? Ross Fiorbes must be scunnered.

With regards transfer window, if we bring in anybody it has to be a genuine left sided midfielder. It might prompt McCall to give 442 a go and give Murphy a run upfront.

If McCall is determined to play 4-5-1, leaving Sutton isolated up front won't be any more productive than leaving Higdon isolated up front.

We need to close that gap between our midfielders and our lone striker.

Sorry Weeyin, would like to agree with you, but I rate John Sutton a better player than Higdon. He worked for the team when he was here, and it's the same players that were around then, that are here now.

Thank fuck Hughes has left, offered hee-haw to the team! Like lobey_dosser says, forbes must be skunnered but it looks like he'll be shown the door in june! Would like to see the boy giving a couple more chances but as he's got the potential

• Like 3

I honestly don't know how far Shug has to go to regain full match sharpness but from what I saw of him he seemed similar to the player that left a couple of seasons ago.

A player with talent certainly but one that to get the best from I think you have to make the central focus of your team and work the rest of your side around.

He's given us some cover for a few weeks for what would appear to have been buttons, he's got himself fit and put himself back in the shop window so both player and club have had a return of sorts.

Arguably the only ones to suffer are Forbes and Carswell although I'm hoping (not holding my breath mind) that with their lack of game time they may almost be like having new players on board for the second half of the season.

i think we still need some midfield cover. jenno and lasley will probably both pick up another couple of suspensions each before the season is out. i'd like to see carswell given a chance but i think we're more likely to see hateley in there with clancy at right back.

mixed feelings about hughes. i would have liked to see him given more time if he wasn't costing us much but he wasn't very impressive in his appearances even though i thought he was much better than law and hateley have been in the past two games.

whatever resources we have should be spent on getting a striker in (hopefully one with a slightly better goalscoring record than the estonian). hopefully our luck with injuries continues until the summer then we can move 12 - 15 players out and get a few more in that can contribute to the first team.

I honestly don't know how far Shug has to go to regain full match sharpness but from what I saw of him he seemed similar to the player that left a couple of seasons ago.

Pretty much agree with that Andy. In his second season with us he would be anonymous 5 weeks out of 6 and then show glimpses of brilliance in the 6th week. He always seemed to go missing in crunch games. He undoubtedly has talent but is a bit lightweight. Still good luck to him. He was a model professional.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a 100% fit Hughes in a Motherwell shirt. In his 1st spell, he was injured a lot, but was an important player, so got rushed back, played 70% fit, got injured again....

The last 2 games he looks a long way off match fit in my opinion.

i think we still need some midfield cover. jenno and lasley will probably both pick up another couple of suspensions each before the season is out. i'd like to see carswell given a chance but i think we're more likely to see hateley in there with clancy at right back.

mixed feelings about hughes. i would have liked to see him given more time if he wasn't costing us much but he wasn't very impressive in his appearances even though i thought he was much better than law and hateley have been in the past two games.

whatever resources we have should be spent on getting a striker in (hopefully one with a slightly better goalscoring record than the estonian). hopefully our luck with injuries continues until the summer then we can move 12 - 15 players out and get a few more in that can contribute to the first team.

Hope your last paragraph was a typo? 12-15 players out? Only way that will ever happen is if going bust. Also who is going to pay for this total rebuild?

As for a strikers with a decent strike? Why? Almost certain many of out better strikers in years gone past have had woeful strike rates.

Hope your last paragraph was a typo? 12-15 players out? Only way that will ever happen is if going bust. Also who is going to pay for this total rebuild?

As for a strikers with a decent strike? Why? Almost certain many of out better strikers in years gone past have had woeful strike rates.

Indeed if we move 15 players out for one thing that will included everyone in the first team by sound of it. Fair enough if we were just above Dunfermline and struggling week in week out, unrealstic still but could understand the desire at least.

Indeed if we move 15 players out for one thing that will included everyone in the first team by sound of it. Fair enough if we were just above Dunfermline and struggling week in week out, unrealstic still but could understand the desire at least.

one or both of the reserve keepers (hollis is apparently on 800 a week so we might look for cheaper cover)

craigan, page, halsman, mckinnon

forbes, pollock

smith, lawless, howarth

that's 10 definites and i also thought daley was out of contract but it seems we gave him a two year deal for some reason. clancy is out of contract and could well be moved on and the club will be looking to cash in on anyone they can out of hutchy, murphy, hateley and humphrey.

one or both of the reserve keepers (hollis is apparently on 800 a week so we might look for cheaper cover)

craigan, page, halsman, mckinnon

forbes, pollock

smith, lawless, howarth

that's 10 definites and i also thought daley was out of contract but it seems we gave him a two year deal for some reason. clancy is out of contract and could well be moved on and the club will be looking to cash in on anyone they can out of hutchy, murphy, hateley and humphrey.

How is CraiganOG a definite? Would be hugely surprised to see him move on.

I can't argue with the rest really as despite our 'small' squad it is only artificially small by the perceived quality of these players. And if McCall doesn't think they are good enough then most of them might well be out. Shame though, because out of those, no-one has really had much of a chance apart from Forbes. Lawless seems a very good prospect whenever I've seen him, as does Halsman.