2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Riordan can get to fuck. The worst kind of player, a talented waster. Has enough ability to be playing at

a higher level and be a Scotland regular. Instead he's scrapping about at the age of 28 looking for a SPL club to take a punt on him.

On talent alone it's a no brainer. Sadly that talent comes attached to a jakey wee baw bawbag. Wouldn't touch him, he's made enough money, would have no motivation to work and would disrupt the dressing room cause he's a twat.

Have to agree with this, we don't need wasters like Riordan at Motherwell, he has had more clubs than Tiger Woods recently, so they all can't be wrong, he is a Pr**k and should be avoided at all costs

Does anyone actually know Derek Riordan personally?

Because I'm always amused when fans call players 'pricks' and such and see that the guy has had X amount of clubs, X amount of nights out etc, without knowing the finer details of any of these things except what they are spoon fed in the media.

It's akin to being in school, going out with someone then having all of her wee nosey lassie pals make judgements on your relationship without knowing fuck all about what it's really like.

That's my analogy anyway. I think I may have released some hidden bitterness haha! laugh.gif

I think I may have posted previously in Other Football on Riordan, certainly know I've voiced my opinion in the pub and at Fir Park. In short, he's poison. LIke a cancer at any cliub he's at. He's been the main reason so many Hibs managers have been sacked, any manager wanting to sign him would have to be off their head.

So you could say that's a "No" from me..

heard he would regularly refuse to train at Hibs and would refuse to even go for a jog around when John Hughes was manager and heard when he was in China he decided he wouldnt turn up at the club for a couple of weeks in mid-season.

and theres obviously his well publicized night club bans so i think it wouldnt be wise to take a punt on him

Notice Riordan's chances of getting a deal at Kilmarnock might be lesser as they have signed Dean Shiels permanently today.

Loan extended rather than permanent deal. Signed a player from Scunthorpe as well. Three players all secured in the one day. Not bad.

I don't know if we don't have the budget to allow it but it's noticeable that we haven't brought in loan players in the way we have done previously or other clubs are continuing to do. It's been both a success and a failure for us but when it has worked (Ruddy, Blackman and Jutkiewitz), we've been able to say that the player involved will most likely be a first team starter. I'm not sure McCall feels he can say that just now as I don't see him leaving an established first team player out for a loanee who would likely be an inexperienced youngster with potential. The only exception would be if he is prepared to play 2 up front but doesn't think we currently have the personnel.

I know we've signed Ojamma but it does feel as though we're missing the boat a bit compared to some of our recent successes who have been able to return to their club and get good moves on the back of their time with us.

he has ripped up his deal with Donnie and signed a deal with Killie until the end of the season. Guess they would then look at budgets based on where they finished as to whether they could keep him...

on another front I saw on the rumours page for Sky's transfer centre that Stephen Hughes was going to sign for Bristol City. Don't think he showed enough in his short second spell to say he was up to the Championship but good luck to him, I know McInnes tried to get him to Perth last year.

on another front I saw on the rumours page for Sky's transfer centre that Stephen Hughes was going to sign for Bristol City. Don't think he showed enough in his short second spell to say he was up to the Championship but good luck to him, I know McInnes tried to get him to Perth last year.

Do they have a reserve league in the championship? That would possibly get him ready? Felt he was a bit off the pace up here.

To be honest i was hoping Daley was just on a short term contract.... the guys work-rate is absolutely shocking, its less apparent when he's up top but at Tynecastle he offered absolutely no protection to Tom Hateley whatsoever, I'm by no means Tom Hateley's biggest fan but he wasn't exactly given much help that day. From what i've saw of him the only decent aspect of his game is his ability to beat his man, but this has fallen to bits when it comes to putting in a good cross. Don't like to be too harsh on players but lazy players are something i have no time for. Granted, I didn't see his performance at St Johnstone where he seemed to have performed to a much higher standard.

I see Dundee United are after Dougie Imrie from Hamilton, I know there are those on here who seem to hold some grudge against him from their school days but for what its worth i think he's a player we should have been in for. He is a left footed player with a talent our side seem to be desperately lacking, the ability to actually put in a good cross and he runs himself into the ground in absolutely every game he plays. In recent years we have made cracking signings from down south, Law, Juke, Jenno etc but maybe at times we should look a bit closer to home too?