2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

This is fuckin scary by the way great servant but past his sell by date..............Motherwell manager Stuart McCall has expressed his desire to retain the services of captain Stephen Craiganog when his contract expires this summer.

The 35-year-old former Northern Ireland international signed a one-year extension following talks with McCall after last season's Scottish Cup final.

But he has not entered discussions about a further extension as yet.

"I would love to be having a conversation with him after the Cup final this year too," said McCall.

Stephen has done well this season and perhaps surprised a lot of people who didn't think he would get a new deal by having a number of good games

Stuart McCall Motherwell manager "I've not really spoken to any of the lads that are out of contract yet - there's plenty of time to sort that.

"Stephen has done well this season and perhaps surprised a lot of people who didn't think he would get a new deal by having a number of good games."

Craiganog's second spell with Motherwell began in 2003, when he returned to Fir Park after a three-year spell with Partick Thistle.

He announced his international retirement in July after earning his 54th cap against Slovenia.

This is fuckin scary by the way great servant but past his sell by date..............Motherwell manager Stuart McCall has expressed his desire to retain the services of captain Stephen Craiganog when his contract expires this summer.

I'm a fan of Craigan, but it's obvious that he's slipping now. He probably should have called it a day after the final last season, but decided to continue. He should call it a day after this season.

were you at the game caller?

craigan played well today, has played well in recent weeks and other than hateley has played more than anyone else in our squad this season.

he scored an og today but it looked like russell would score and most people i spoke to at halftime thought daley and jenno sold the jerseys.

compare Craigan to Utd's Kenneth! who would you rather have?

Kenneth. All day long.

Adding up the goals he costs us and literally scores against us, really outweighs the one off goal saving challenge that some fans use to cling on to him. Or that he had some England player in his back pocket. Years ago. Time to go.

Kenneth. All day long.

Adding up the goals he costs us and literally scores against us, really outweighs the one off goal saving challenge that some fans use to cling on to him. Or that he had some England player in his back pocket. Years ago. Time to go.

I'd rather have herpes than have Gary Kenneth lining up for Motherwell.

• Like 4

were you at the game caller?

Today's game? No. However I have been to games over the past few years, and have seen Craigan start to deteriorate over that period. It happens.

It takes a certain kind of player to be able to continue playing at SPL level when they get to 36, and I'm afraid Craigan isn't that kind of player. He's painfully slow for a start, and opposition managers know it. I've seen numerous forwards turn him easily.

Look, I'm a fan of Craigan. He's been a superb servant to the club, and if he was signing on as a coach or something like that I'd be 100% behind the move. But he isn't.

The time has come for him to step aside and allow someone younger to come in.

• Like 1

I reckon people just have so much affection for the guy, as do I but I'm going to get the tin hat on anyway...

There are 'stalwarts' of MFC that have served the club well but have completely and utterly reached their level and as such we will never win a trophy or do well in Europe while they are around. Guys like Hammell, Lasley and Craigan, great Motherwell players, good guys too by all accounts have been found out too often by better teams, Old Firm teams especially do not fear these guys - and we were best of the rest for a good while this season and finalists in our nation's top cup competition last season! These guys either have a mental block or lack of ability that will allow them to take Motherwell any further and have ran out of time to develop either.

Don't get me wrong they could continue to play for a Motherwell team that bounces around the middle of the SPL but in terms of actually winning anything or reaching a next level in Europe...

Right tin hat on, moan then...

Your post would be fine...except for one minor detail that many on here forget about every now and then...........

That is we have NO money and a relatively small budget. For that alone we have the squad we have and not Hearts. We have done well qualifying for europe and with another chance this year. On our budget, these achievements should be celebrated.......

What we get is people moaning about not winning every game or complaining at the standard of player we have in our squad. Thing is that will never change but most Well fans thankfully are glad we are where we are and not Falkirk, Dundee or Partick Thistle.

Nah your right, but WTF do you expect from a club with operates on probably one of the bottom three budgets in the SPL, a club with no owner and very little reserve funds, need I go on?

top 6 is an achievment

Motherwell fans have been fucking spoiled with relative success

PS fitba is still too feckin expensive :drinks:

PPS I'm getting fuckin sick of people blaming the forum users for the negativity when its only a handful of fucking roasters that are negative, most forum users are fairly neutral or heading towards happy clapper territory thats why we waste so much fuckin time on Motherwell

fukity fuck fuck!!!

• Like 2

I reckon people just have so much affection for the guy, as do I but I'm going to get the tin hat on anyway...

There are 'stalwarts' of MFC that have served the club well but have completely and utterly reached their level and as such we will never win a trophy or do well in Europe while they are around. Guys like Hammell, Lasley and Craigan, great Motherwell players, good guys too by all accounts have been found out too often by better teams, Old Firm teams especially do not fear these guys - and we were best of the rest for a good while this season and finalists in our nation's top cup competition last season! These guys either have a mental block or lack of ability that will allow them to take Motherwell any further and have ran out of time to develop either.

Don't get me wrong they could continue to play for a Motherwell team that bounces around the middle of the SPL but in terms of actually winning anything or reaching a next level in Europe...

Right tin hat on, moan then...

Fishing rod cast..............