2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

fair play to Jamie that's he's not just interested in the money and he seems to want to play football.

I just hope he isn't waiting for one of the old scum to offer him a contract

1328047617[/url]' post='327595']

I seem to remember that McFadden went the afternoon after the window shut - can that still happen?

I think that's because the English window closed a day later or something.

Agree with most - 250k is embarrassing if true, surely the club wouldn't accept that?

Agree with most - 250k is embarrassing if true, surely the club wouldn't accept that?

It's highly unlikely we'll ever find out exactly what was on the table, so let's just move on and hope that whatever Jamie's reasons for turning it down, it spurs him back to the sort of form that will attract some even better offers before his contract expires. (Or that wins him a contract extension, if that's what he wants...)

I still reckon £250k is a good figure for him as long as there were add-ons at the 18 month to go stage. He'll go for less in the summer.

As Busta mentioned earlier the lad has talent, but hasn't kicked his own arse since August. I think his problem is that he still thinks he's a centre forward. For me, wee Ojamaa has proven through his last couple of performances that he isn't.

Exactly, unless I see confirmation from the club that we valued Jamie at £250k I will not be changing my mind about the club, the society, my role as a supporter, or my shampoo.

The Society simply has to work, we need to make it work cos frankly we have no other option. There are no buyers out there as already said, certainly none to be trusted, so it's up to us and no-one else. Do we want to effectively own our club or not? I'll struggle but I'll find the money to do my bit in keeping the club out of the hands of some fly by night in the future, if there are any out there.

The Society simply has to work, we need to make it work cos frankly we have no other option. There are no buyers out there as already said, certainly none to be trusted, so it's up to us and no-one else. Do we want to effectively own our club or not? I'll struggle but I'll find the money to do my bit in keeping the club out of the hands of some fly by night in the future, if there are any out there.

I like the idea, but i just think that its really the wrong time to go seeking that sort of investment from the fans.

If we can hold it together for another 5 years, the world will hopefully have recovered a bit.

Anyway, ins&outs thread, hope we keep the hatches battened down for another 15mins

interested to see how Murphy reacts after today....

is he hacked off at knowledge that club and manager would let him go or is he spurred on to make bigger clubs than Blackpool take notice and offer him a better deal in the summer???

im glad jamie decided to stay even though hes not been at his best of late hes still one of our most important players and if he can help the team have a successful end to the season then he might get a move that suits him better and also make the club some good money in the summer

interested to see how Murphy reacts after today....

is he hacked off at knowledge that club and manager would let him go or is he spurred on to make bigger clubs than Blackpool take notice and offer him a better deal in the summer???

I think everyone in football is deadly aware how little money there is in the SPL and therefore how little persuasion it would take to sell someone so I don't think it will have any negative impact.

I hope he has stayed because he doesn't think Blackpool are the right move for him. We do well because we have a combination of young up and coming ambitious players wanting to progress themselves and guys who are steady Eddies seeing their career out. If he hasn't gone because he has shat it then I think it tells you that the guy doesn't have the right mindset to go to the next level. But thats one for McCall to judge.

If he hasn't gone because he has shat it then I think it tells you that the guy doesn't have the right mindset to go to the next level. But thats one for McCall to judge.

i don't think blackpook would be offering him much more than he was on at fir park. we have a small squad but all our first team players are relatively well paid.

charlie adam was their top earner at ten grand a week in the epl and the chairman apparently chopped everyone's wages in half when they got relegated. he might be thinking he can make more money from either a better move or a bosman at the end of next season.