2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

At least that's been announced though the official twatter.

Still not seen official word on Carswell & Ojamaa (sp?)

On the "Ojamaa" thread, the MFC Official account has confirmed that neither is a done deal yet:

To counter what I said yesterday - neither Carswell nor Ojamaa have penned anything as yet.

If anything should happen either player (or anyone else for that matter), then as the ink dries, you will know about it on the Official Site/Twitter/MFC TV.

Source says blackpool were just offering the same wage as he was gettin here, so fair enough to turn it down.

i thought that would be the case. as i said above charlie adam on 10k a week was their highest paid player in the epl and most of the remaining members of their squad got their wages chopped in half when they got relegated.

Heard from a reliable source [and I'm not telling who] that Randolph is away in January £600,000 .Done deal and all that ,just have to wait and see.

Soon see if my source is reliable ,the time has arrived and all that . :P

Naw.

• Like 6

postiejim, on 02 November 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Heard from a reliable source [and I'm not telling who] that Randolph is away in January £600,000 .Done deal and all that ,just have to wait and see.

postiejim, on 19 January 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Soon see if my source is reliable ,the time has arrived and all that .

[quote name='weeyin'

Naw.

mySuperLamePic_f01c5d1df48d0fdb2f88718ececf55f1.jpg

Murphy speaks about Blackpool:

Jamie: Why I turned down Blackpool move

By BERT MITCHELL

1 Feb 2012

MOTHERWELL star Jamie Murphy says he was flattered by Championship outfit Blackpool’s final-day transfer window move to lure him to Bloomfield Road.

It was the third occasion that Seasiders gaffer Ian Holloway had attempted to land the 22-year-old with a fee of around £250,000.

SportTimes understands Holloway had previously failed with a similar bid for Murphy last summer and was once again rebuffed by the Fir Park club when he retabled the offer earlier this month.

Murphy, who is Well’s record European scorer, is under contract until the summer of 2013, and had held talks with the Championship side yesterday afternoon along with his agent Kevin Drinkell.

But, with both clubs agreeing the valuation, this time around the decision to stay at Fir Park was Murphy’s alone.

It is understood Murphy elected to stay put after a prolonged bout of soul-searching and now wants to focus on Well’s William Hill Scottish Cup fifth round tie with Morton at Fir Park on Saturday.

He said: “Obviously I am flattered by Blackpool’s interest. They are a club with great tradition and are going well in their attempt to get back up to the Premiership, but I just want to focus on the rest of the season now and doing as well as I can for Motherwell.

“We are going well in he SPL and sitting third and have a big cup-tie with Morton on Saturday and I just want to focus on that.

“We have a great squad at Motherwell and hopefully we can emulate the success we had in the cup last season and cement our place in third spot in the SPL.”

• Like 1

Dundee utd valued goodwilliie at ten times what we reportedly accepted for murphy. Sad state of affairs.

I hope he gets himself a decent move in the summer.

that sums it up for me.

goodwillie's a good player but not a great player. his value increased because he was scoring on a regular basis even although a lot of his goals were tap ins, deflections and pens and because united and their media contacts were consistenly hyping him up.

if money is so important to the club then we should have been doing everything we can to boost his value. the fact that he hasn't started a game up front since august suggests to me we haven't done that. clubs will pay for players with goals and/or a bit of skill, murphy has spent more time defending than attacking this season.

• Like 1

that sums it up for me.

goodwillie's a good player but not a great player. his value increased because he was scoring on a regular basis even although a lot of his goals were tap ins, deflections and pens and because united and their media contacts were consistenly hyping him up.

Undoubtedly that is part of the equation. However, other factors such as being an international, and being on a bigger salary factor into it. Most importantly, however, is the fact that more than one team was interested in buying him.

Seems strange to me. He must think he's better than a top class championship side?? Maybe he's been on a stag weekend and cannae go back. :laugh::whistling:

Christ, maybe he's telling the truth and wants to finish out a great season as a first teamer with a club he has an affinity with? That what we always hope our better players will do, rather than jumping at the first offer from a bigger richer club. Murphy = good guy. cheers.gif

• Like 3

maybe he was being loyal and feels he can help our club to do better than last season, or maybe he was going to spend time on the bench and get paid more or less the same wage as he is currently on. either way i am happy he is staying, because when he is on form, he is our best creative player.

• Like 1

Look at the business Falkirk did yesterday. One youngster left for Huddersfield for a "six figure fee" and another went for £300k rising to £700k.

Aye, but we're 11 places and 1 division above Falkirk.

It's a difficult balancing act between finding the perfect time to sell off players for the best price and keeping players that will contribute to higher league placings (and hence more income for the club).

Right now, we have a decent squad, balanced books and are gunning for 3rd place. I'd rather have that than be trying to win promotion from the First Division.