2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

You would hope so. Im hoping we can push on and make a real effort to get 2nd. The difference between 2nd and 3rd is a reported £900k. Given that we certainly dont budget for a 3rd place finish, it would be a jackpot. Would hopefully mean McCall can go another season without selling anyone.

and the scottish cup as well please :thumbup:

i don't know about not selling though. if this is the last chance to get a fee for murphy, randolph, hutchinson or hateley then i think we have to cash in. we need to look long term.

i've also got a feeling that the club will be keen to get cheaper player in during the summer. all of our regular starters are probably earning as much as we can ever afford to pay them, i think we'll be looking for signings that provide a bit more value eg. hateley in his first season.

once in a lifetime chance of champions league football. lets go and grab it please.

it would be disapointing if we have to cut our budget more than planned due to the rangers situation. if have to take 300k-500k out or playing budget it would be a hefty blow.

i've also got a feeling that the club will be keen to get cheaper player in during the summer. all of our regular starters are probably earning as much as we can ever afford to pay them, i think we'll be looking for signings that provide a bit more value

Along with every other club in the SPL

Along with every other club in the SPL

i don't think so.

there's no way to know how much each player earns but the directors have stated that the playing budget for this season is £1.8m (35 thousand a week) which means there must be quite a few players picking up 2-3 grand a week.

i think our average first team player will be on a better wage than their counterparts at all the other non city clubs.

randolph, law, hammell and higdon would have came in on a good wage and hutchinson, hateley, murphy and jennings have surely all had pay rises over the past couple of seasons.

i don't think so.

there's no way to know how much each player earns but the directors have stated that the playing budget for this season is £1.8m (35 thousand a week) which means there must be quite a few players picking up 2-3 grand a week.

i think our average first team player will be on a better wage than their counterparts at all the other non city clubs.

randolph, law, hammell and higdon would have came in on a good wage and hutchinson, hateley, murphy and jennings have surely all had pay rises over the past couple of seasons.

We have quite a few players, senior and otherwise, that have re-signed by negotiating new deals. I'd imagine re-signing players is more expensive than bringing in free transfers.

For instance Tom Hateley will probably be earning a lot more now than with his initial deal. Same with Murphy, Jennings etc. Keeping a playing staff together for a number of seasons I'm fairly confident is a bit more expensive than having a turn over of end of contracts and free replacements.

Can you still sign out of contract players , my fear is that injuries and suspensions could leave us a bit stretched in our push for european glory. I know hearts signed Craig Beattie but i'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding the signing. So would it make sense to sign a couple of players till the end of the season ?

• Like 1

Surely they can come up with some sort of deal to keep the players for the european effort and then seel them once we are out of europe and still get a decent transfer fee as well as allowing the better palyers to move on up? probably easier said than done, I imagine.

Surely they can come up with some sort of deal to keep the players for the european effort and then seel them once we are out of europe and still get a decent transfer fee as well as allowing the better palyers to move on up? probably easier said than done, I imagine.

They would need to sign a new contract (if there's is up), which means the club they go to need to pay a transfer fee, which means less money for wages and signing on fee.

Reynolds did this, you never know murphy might, but can't see others doing it.

Unfortunately our top players will be attracting interest, so would want to renew on improved contracts which we won't be able to offer.

Would love to see us keep the bulk of the squad though!

We have quite a few players, senior and otherwise, that have re-signed by negotiating new deals. I'd imagine re-signing players is more expensive than bringing in free transfers.

For instance Tom Hateley will probably be earning a lot more now than with his initial deal. Same with Murphy, Jennings etc. Keeping a playing staff together for a number of seasons I'm fairly confident is a bit more expensive than having a turn over of end of contracts and free replacements.

Most players contracts will involve pay rises each season...along with add ons, if selected for internationals etc! Signing new deals or extending will almost certainly mean more money.

There is a fine line between speculating to sell and losing out on money for players,

Murphy deal falling through would of hurt the club big time, although they still might make some money off him in the summer.

Humphrey attracted a number of clubs last season, but obviously he has not been in the shop window so he is another player the club missed out on selling... its all fine lines.

Play well or sell..that seems to be the choice, not both of them.

anyone who is out of contract in the summer should want and be offered a 6month extension to play european football with the intention of moving on in the january window, doesnt seem too complicated or far from the common sense option to me.

That would be in the players best interests and the clubs best interests surely.

Which ever way you look at it.. Motherwell is the club to be at.... wont be suprised if we get some big names taking pay cuts over the summer just to be involved with European Football....You would be mad to leave Motherwell during the summer.

I'd love to see lads like Randy and Murphy who have a year on their contracts extend their contracts for another year on the same wage, but maybe a bigger win bonus. This would mean a Champs League game and you never know if we end up seeded in Europa a group stage run of games, this would really put them in the window for a bigger move. It would benifit the club and player.

Maybe not if Rangers newco gets punted to the 3rd division it will be up for grabs every year until we get demoted back down to one CL place.

Which is after next season.... <_>

The 2013 entry list sees us with only one CL spot.

Which is after next season.... <_>

The 2013 entry list sees us with only one CL spot.

Not only is this the case but Scottish teams are not doing as well as they were before, both Celtic and Rangers made it to Eufa Cup finals, I can't see that happening again when they are struggling to reach the group stages now.

Plus if Rangers do go down, Celtic will spend less money and still be dominant in the SPL, however, they will have even less impact in Europe due to lesser spending than the team they have the now does, which remember only made group stages by default this year.

I hate to say it, but gone are the days of 2 CL spots for Scotland. And I just don't see them coming back.

This really is our once in a lifetime chance to see our team playing in the Champions League.

This will be the only chance almost all of our players ever get at playing in the Champions League. Now is the time to step up and chase this dream. Come the hour, come the man. Lets fucking so this thing.

• Like 2

Can you still sign out of contract players , my fear is that injuries and suspensions could leave us a bit stretched in our push for european glory. I know hearts signed Craig Beattie but i'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding the signing. So would it make sense to sign a couple of players till the end of the season ?

Think you can as Beattie wasn't an emergency signing , a few injuries or a few more suspensions could be bad for us ,I'm sure Hutch and Clancy miss the next league match e.g.

you can sign any out of contract player until April 1st - after that, you have to wait under the window opens again

anyone think there is a chance of Faddy coming back? seeing as he said he wanted to end his career at Motherwell, is playing for Everton Reserves, and could play Champions League football for his boyhood club? hes still 28, but even a short term thing? i dont know, just a thought..

I was thinking that the other day.

We get Champions League and McFadden returns to end his career with us.

Why not?

Play reserve football

Or come home play regular first team football and European football (Hopefully) and be worshiped by the home support.

Not impossible I'd say

You sure about that?

He has hardly played in about 3 years!

Maybe not but give him some time, training and support and he will do wonders in the SPL again.

Great players don't just lose it.

Fair enough hes been injured for a while but once hes over that he will be a great asset to any team.

(Preferably Motherwell)