2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Not often I'd say all the best to a man leaving for Hearts but I can't have any bad feelings towards Sutton.

If you look at the bigger picture it's a good move for him and he's been a great player for us so no hard feelings from me.

I hope he gets a decent reception next time at Fir Park and would be fairly disapointed if he gets booed

Gutted though :cry:

I'm undecided on the Jeffers situe at the moment.

Started off really well but think he fell away something terrible near end if the season. As did the full team mind you.

His work rate really stopped and he looked uninterested. Again a few where in the same boat.

A lot prob depends on McCalls plans for Jamie Murphy. Does he want him up top or playing on the left. Jeffers movement could very easily open up space for Jamie but who is going hold the ball up and bring the strikers into play.

I agree with Al B, Higdon should defo be an option. Unless SMc has a few irons in the fire, here's hoping.

How do you know that? We were 1 goal away from the group stages and 90 minutes away from winning the Scottish Cup!

Lets face it Hearts is a good move for Sutton and I hope he does well with them.

Well I either have a crystal ball or it is my opinion so take a guess. We were one goal away from the group stages for about 30 minutes then we were two goals away from ET. Regardless of how close we were Odense played us twice and beat us twice. We were 90 minutes from the Scottish Cup but ended up getting beat 3-0 and never really showed up. One half of the Old Firm will ultimately come up against Hearts in the Cups next year and stop them. If someone else doesn't. They finished 3rd in the league this year but Falkirk and St Johnstone dumped them out the domestic trophies. No way will they progress past a seeded team into the Group Stages of the Europa League......even with their four 'big' signings.

sad to hear he's gone, and good luck to him at hearts (apart from when he plays us)

as for his replacement ..........

fingers crossed McCall has someone in mind

Well I either have a crystal ball or it is my opinion so take a guess. We were one goal away from the group stages for about 30 minutes then we were two goals away from ET. Regardless of how close we were Odense played us twice and beat us twice. We were 90 minutes from the Scottish Cup but ended up getting beat 3-0 and never really showed up. One half of the Old Firm will ultimately come up against Hearts in the Cups next year and stop them. If someone else doesn't. They finished 3rd in the league this year but Falkirk and St Johnstone dumped them out the domestic trophies. No way will they progress past a seeded team into the Group Stages of the Europa League......even with their four 'big' signings.

I get your point but Dundee United won the cup last season. They did beat Rangers on the way, however Ross County beat Celtic last year so on any one day anything can happen. Celtic could beat Rangers and then lose to anyone including Hearts. Any decent team can win the cup with a wee bit of luck.

Anybody know his official stats - games played/goals scored?

According to Soccerbase, in all competitions: Played 115, Scored 43

In the League, Wiki has: Played 98, Scored 32

Or were you not talking about Sutton :dash2: Bit distracted here trying to do some actual work :P

Anybody know his official stats - games played/goals scored?

Sutton or Jeffers? 'Fishel site (or the latest Google cache of it) says Sutton's stats at Motherwell are:

Started: 102

Sub: 22

Goals: 43

Yellows: 3

Reds: 0

I get your point but Dundee United won the cup last season. They did beat Rangers on the way, however Ross County beat Celtic last year so on any one day anything can happen. Celtic could beat Rangers and then lose to anyone including Hearts. Any decent team can win the cup with a wee bit of luck.

Not talking about Dundee United though :P

I see your point but even these teams only win a trophy every 8, 10, 12 years or so. With the signings Hearts have made I still don't think they will better their league achievements this season and whilst they should get further in the Cups I still don't think for one second, with who they have bought, they will win one. Or get into the group stages of the Europa League.

I can be reminded of these comments in September, March, and May when anyone sees fit :evilgrin:

Sutton or Jeffers? 'Fishel site (or the latest Google cache of it) says Sutton's stats at Motherwell are:

Started: 102

Sub: 22

Goals: 43

Yellows: 3

Reds: 0

Sorry guys meant Sutts. 124 games - 43 goals. A goal in less than every 3 games. Not shabby at all.

Good luck to him, a move to Hearts seemed inevitable this summer so I'm not surprised. He did a good job but he's replaceable so I'm not too bothered.

Surprised anyone can think his comments have absolutely anything to do with Motherwell fans though.