2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

me as well, some of the names getting bandied about are honking - Daryl Duffy being another.

Lets trust McCall to do his job and hopefully he can pull a few rabbits out the bag, I dont think for a second that he'll be contemplating signing never has beens like Duffy or Curier.

Thanks for all you've given the cause Sutts....and I don't grudge you moving for much more money!

Thats said, I hope you now all of a sudden become utter rubbish and useless! And like many have said, if Kyle is fit, Sutton will be a sub - no question!! Kyle is one of Jeffries fancy boys and he is not the type of manager to stick with two slow-as-a-week-in-jail lumps up front.

For me, while I understand him leaving, its definately not the right move for him....

From what I have been told ...Jeffers is away , no chance of him being here next season ....Craigan has been offered another year and has taken it ....it looks like Jennings will be here as well , unless something big comes up soon . Sutton trebled his wages at Hearts ...

Big Higdon at St Mirren or Atoine Curier at Hamilton would both be good replacements for Sutton. Both a similar player and also more importantly would fit our budget.

Mind you I think McCall will end up looking south for his strikers.

Rather than joining with the criticism for that shout, i'll ask a wee question....you're not by any chance meaning Hasselbaink rather than MAC?

Not talking about Dundee United though :P

I see your point but even these teams only win a trophy every 8, 10, 12 years or so. With the signings Hearts have made I still don't think they will better their league achievements this season and whilst they should get further in the Cups I still don't think for one second, with who they have bought, they will win one. Or get into the group stages of the Europa League.

I can be reminded of these comments in September, March, and May when anyone sees fit :evilgrin:

I actually agree with you but football is a funny game. You can NEVER predict it.

If thats true im ok with that. We need to freshen things up front and best wishes and thanks to Jeffers and Sutton. Both easily replaceable in my book. Happy if Craigan stays on and DELIGHTED if Jennings does likewise. Over to you Stuart McCall to get in reinforcements. :thumbup:

im not that worried to be honest , we're had better strikers than john sutton and we will again, ive every belief that wee stu will get the right man into do the job :thumbup:

Not many recently.Imo outside the OF forwards and Goodwillie he was the best forward in Scotland this season.We're unlikely to have anyone better any time soon.

Not many recently.Imo outside the OF forwards and Goodwillie he was the best forward in Scotland this season.We're unlikely to have anyone better any time soon.

In my opinion Porter, Clarkson, Jutkiewicz, and, Blackman (when he was playing for a new deal with Blackburn) were better all round players than Sutton......and I would have picked them before Big John. However, he was a solid pro and gave you 100% every time. Criminally slow for a 26/27 year old and not going to get faster. We *might* have seen the best of him. Time will tell. Big loss no doubt but we have suffered worse.

I've waited a wee while to say this, because otherwise it would just have sounded like sour grapes, but I was never a fan of Blackman. Was in amongst the goals while he was there, but I just never thought he was all that great.

Stuart McCall on the official site;

‘Well boss Stuart McCall added, “We are obviously disappointed to lose John but it’s not the end of the world.

“We have been preparing for this and already have several irons in the fire. This club, over the last seven or eight seasons, have had a seemingly endless list of quality strikers including James McFadden, Scott McDonald, David Clarkson, Ross McCormack, Chris Porter, Lukas Jutkiewicz and Nick Blackman – all of them hitting double figures in one season.

“I am absolutely certain we will, once again, be able to find a more than capable replacement.”