2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I don't begrudge anyone whatever their profession securing a better deal for them and their families, however to slag off your previous employer so soon afterwards is poor.

Fuck you John Sutton hope you enjoy your time on the bench at swinecastle !

:wank:

We have pathetic crowds, a silent stadium and no decent derby or matches with any decent rivalry outwith the old firm.

And thats not even thinking about wages. Compared with Motherwell, Hearts are a "proper" club.

Well thats cheered me up no end Albi, be up to Motherwell next week for a season ticket now after reading such a positive post :lol:

im sure he'd have rather been here with the chance to score 20 goals, that would have caught eyes down south. He wont have been on that much more up there anyway id imagine.

he was on loan so he was getting exactly the same as blackburn would've payed the rest of his wages if they weren't being payed in full

'Motherwell are being linked with a move for Higdon but Lennon hasn’t given up hope that the Scouse striker will be back in Paisley for pre-season training on June 17.' - according to Paisley Daily Express

clicky

he was on loan so he was getting exactly the same as blackburn would've payed the rest of his wages if they weren't being payed in full

The difference here is Aberdeen may have been willing to pay more of that wage to get Blackman, it may have been out of his hands and Motherwell's, if Aberdeen offered a higher cut of his wage Blackburn would have handed him to them I'd imagine.

I don't begrudge anyone whatever their profession securing a better deal for them and their families, however to slag off your previous employer so soon afterwards is poor.

Where's the quote/s where he has slated us? I'm struggling to find it/them

'Motherwell are being linked with a move for Higdon but Lennon hasn’t given up hope that the Scouse striker will be back in Paisley for pre-season training on June 17.' - according to Paisley Daily Express

clicky

St Mirren must be the worst Club in Scottish football for highlighting their transfer targets.

Where's the quote/s where he has slated us? I'm struggling to find it/them

In each of his press appearances so far he has said we didn't offer him a contract until a week before cup final, didn't match up to his ambitions etc. I find his attitude to a club which plucked him from obscurity to be a bit disingenuous .

• Like 1

John Sutton is entitled to his move.

Motherwell could have had it tied up any time in the last year..

The big fella dug in and produced some goals. For whatever reason the club failed to act in time.

That's not a pop at the club - it's just a statement of fact - we may have been waiting to firm up on budgets etc. But in the meantime Sutton hit a purple patch and the rest unfortunately is history.

Tough tits - we'll move on like we always have.

Quote his words Al

With regards to Craigan, it's true that we need someone to replace him, but the answer isn't to get rid of him then start looking around.

We need to bring someone in this summer who can come in and replace him during next season gradually. After that happens we'll hopefully see Craigan given some sort of coaching role at the club if he wants it. The guy has earned it.

John Sutton is entitled to his move.

Motherwell could have had it tied up any time in the last year..

The big fella dug in and produced some goals. For whatever reason the club failed to act in time.

That's not a pop at the club - it's just a statement of fact - we may have been waiting to firm up on budgets etc. But in the meantime Sutton hit a purple patch and the rest unfortunately is history.

Tough tits - we'll move on like we always have.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Motherwell didn't try hard to keep me seems to fly in the face of what we were told from the club !

Does it matter?

He stated that he asked for a new contract at the start of the season, and just after Christmas. It wasn't offered.

That's the risk you run.

Time to dig your head oot your arse.

Sutton has stated we didn't offer him a contract until near the cup final, by this point in time he'd known about the possibility of a move to Edinburgh for a while, and would have made his mind up before we offered him a contract, not because he didn't want to be here, because we didn't have him secure when he needed it.

He hasn't slated Motherwell, in fact in full interviews, he has stated how much he enjoyed his football here and painted a picture of us as being a good club for any young player to be thinking about playing at.

He picked his words wisely during the interview on tape at tynecastle (see YouTube) in order to show full respect to Motherwell, when pushed several times, and only after being pushed several times, he said Hearts was a bigger club. Is this why he should fuck off? For being honest, Hearts are a much bigger club than Motherwell, get over it.

Yes he also said he may be able to achieve something at Hearts he didn't here, such as group stages of Europa or some silverware. Is this slating Motherwell? Is it fuck. Hearts are a bigger team, more fans, more money and should be bettering us, pure and simple.

Watch and read full interviews. Don't just base what you think on what journos are spoon feeding you.

• Like 1