2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

The thing with Thomson is he is injury prone so would rather have Higdon, would loved Jeffers and Higdon to have been our forward line, think Sutton played his best when Jeffers was playing.

I'm still holding out a faint hope that Jeffers was let go to save money over the summer and, nearer the start of the season, will be offered the chance to come back on a 1 year deal.

But I think I'm in the minority.

Higdon has one advantage over Sutton. He wants to play for us. No point comparing them like we made a choice. Choice between the two was made for us by John Sutton.

Higdon wants to be here. That makes him better than Sutton for me..

SPOT ON MATE!!!!

I AM ONLY INTRESTED IN PLAYERS THAT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE FINE INSTITUTION THAT IS MOTHERWELL FOOTBALL CLUB

Any fan that isn't happy with picking up Higdon needs to have a good look in the mirror. We will never have a proven 25+ goals a year striker with good movement and great link up play unless he is brought through from the youths and then punted.

Time for a reallity check troops

Accusations of being unfit, not motivated, and little workrate, I don't have enough knowledge on him to comment but needless to say that will definately not fly.

HERE I THOUGHT WE WERE GAINING A STRIKER NOT A PILOT...................... NOT FLY??????????????????????????

R.e Higdon - meh, but if he had signed for a rival (Killie, ICT, Hibs, St Johnstone) I think we would all have been muttering - "how did they get him, solid SPL Striker etc, could have done a job at 'Well..." so case closed on the credentials of ths signing on that front.

HOWEVER

I still feel we need another Striker - and in fact have been 1 short for a while (discounting Casagolda, Jeffers, McHugh who, to be frank have never taken their chances)

Am I right in saying that at one point we had Porter, Sutton, Clarkson and McCormack?

4 Excellent Strikers - now we have Higdon and Murphy - and he plays left wing!!

I wouldn't grudge 2 Strikers coming in - well 2 'Forwards' anyway - another number 9 to back up MH and a tricky/wingy type forward who can actually create things - like McCormack basically.

Them 2, a left winger and a back up Centre Half would do me (Gunning Ideally)

Scott Burns of the Daily Express has said on twitter we tried to get Dougie Imrie but couldn't afford him

Brought up this lads name months ago before the Accies went on their (im' going to fight for my survival bonus run) and got absolutely no possitive responses to the suggestion. I watched him as a kid in the juniors with Lanark and he might be a c**t but would take him any day of the week to play up front with Higdon. He is strong,pacy,good left peg and has a good bit of attitude which players need to survive in the SPL. And before anybody jumps in not making him out to be a superstar just someone who could fit into our team and hold his own(and improve us imo)

HERE I THOUGHT WE WERE GAINING A STRIKER NOT A PILOT...................... NOT FLY??????????????????????????

Ssshhhhh wee barra. Yer shouting. Your coming across like a 90 year old man with an important announcement in a busy retirement home social room. It's a well used turn of phrase in the English language. Odd that you've never heard it.

Ssshhhhh wee barra. Yer shouting. Your coming across like a 90 year old man with an important announcement in a busy retirement home social room. It's a well used turn of phrase in the English language. Odd that you've never heard it.

Let's get one thing straight right now WEE BARRA just because your a "MODERATOR" doesn't give you the right to insult me on this forum.

IF ON THE OTHER HAND YOU WANT TO DISCUSS A VALID POINT WITH ME AT ANYTIME YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME