2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Feel a bit sorry for them as well, know the feeling, and IF true is he perhaps going to be Humphreys replacement. Here is what it says on sky....It is thought a number of the leading clubs in Scotland have been alerted to a Fifa ruling that could see Taylor move north of the border without a fee.

Taylor is already on the radar of clubs in the Championship but with a no-fee move a possibility, SPL teams may look to steal a march on their English counterparts.......i wouldn't hold my breath, if others are interested we've no chance.

When Porter signed with us he was obviously earning a bit more than others thanks to Boyle's funding, when he moved to Derby he would have got a decent payrise aswell, so if we were to approach him now it would be less than his previous two wages. That alone makes me think it's a non starter.

Also, I seem to remember him choosing Motherwell over Dundee United partly because it was easier for him to commute back to Wigan. That makes me think he'll stay South of the border. The papers are probably putting two and two together and trying to put words in McCall's mouth.

When Porter signed with us he was obviously earning a bit more than others thanks to Boyle's funding, when he moved to Derby he would have got a decent payrise aswell, so if we were to approach him now it would be less than his previous two wages. That alone makes me think it's a non starter.

Also, I seem to remember him choosing Motherwell over Dundee United partly because it was easier for him to commute back to Wigan. That makes me think he'll stay South of the border. The papers are probably putting two and two together and trying to put words in McCall's mouth.

Got to agree with that. There is no chance of him heading back north for 2k a week.

Got to agree with that. There is no chance of him heading back north for 2k a week.

2K a week is over £100,000 a year a very good offer if you have no job and looking for work as Porter is, :nod: so never say never.

But it is alot to us. Hearts gave Sutton a better deal than we did and he is on less than £3k a week, although if you add bonuses it is just over same so do we even have the money to offer that - to a player that has had a torrid time with injuries.

But it is alot to us. Hearts gave Sutton a better deal than we did and he is on less than £3k a week, although if you add bonuses it is just over same so do we even have the money to offer that - to a player that has had a torrid time with injuries.

Hearts trebled Suttons wages and he's on less than £3K?

Yep, according to a football agent he is on basic £2,750 a week. I am checking he has not got the 2 and 7 the wrong way around but he says nope.

Then the trebling of his wage story is bullshit, no way he was on less than a Grand a week here. He would have been one of the higher earners 'up by'dry.gif

Then the trebling of his wage story is bullshit, no way he was on less than a Grand a week here. He would have been one of the higher earners 'up by'dry.gif

Folk are probably failing to take account of the 'fitba player wage calculator at transfer time' effect!

Sutton was prolly on £1499 p/w - which is obviously 'a grand a week' on the calculator.

Moved to Hearts and prolly will get £2501 p/w - which is obviously '3 grand a week' on the calculator.

Hey presto! - Treble yer wages!

Old clubs need to be shown as tight / stingy, new clubs need to be seen as scattercash / loaded.

:nod:

• Like 1