2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

As far as Porter goes, it's perhaps unlikely that he wouldn't come back to us but it's not completely out of the question I think.

If he has no club at present, he may think of Motherwell as an opportunity to put himself back on the map. He's already played here so he knows what the script is.

Folk are probably failing to take account of the 'fitba player wage calculator at transfer time' effect!

Sutton was prolly on £1499 p/w - which is obviously 'a grand a week' on the calculator.

Moved to Hearts and prolly will get £2501 p/w - which is obviously '3 grand a week' on the calculator.

Hey presto! - Treble yer wages!

Old clubs need to be shown as tight / stingy, new clubs need to be seen as scattercash / loaded.

:nod:

Does the same company make the now famous Seville Calculator?

could mean the opposite as it states "United boss Simon Grayson has indicated Mike is free to pursue a career elsewhere"

that thought did cross my mind, but i then looked at it form the point of view that if he were free to leave, then we would be paying all his wages - and i dont think we can afford that - at least with loanees, we are either paying nothing or a %

its funny reading the news today that Chelsea are thinking of paying £30m for Sneijder and £175k per week - and we have McCall in the paper moaning that we cant afford £3k pw!!!!!!!!!!!

that thought did cross my mind, but i then looked at it form the point of view that if he were free to leave, then we would be paying all his wages - and i dont think we can afford that - at least with loanees, we are either paying nothing or a %

the guy is a striker who has scored 5 goals in 3 seasons and didn't do himself any favours with at swindon with his performances or walking out on them.

i think he'd probably be within our price range.

There is a huge possibility that Mark Reynolds will be returning north of the border after falling to 5th choice centre back/4th choice left back at Sheffield Wednesday. Reynolds was individually criticised by Owls boss Gary Megson on more than one occasion and in two of his four starts he was hauled off before half time to be substituted. Reynolds has not achieved the standards required of League One (third division) football and is not seen to have any future in English football.

Reynolds was in talks with Hibs and set for a £450k move until Motherwell showed their interest in re-signing the utility defender. To be honest if Hibs want to pay money for this calamitous defender then I think the Owls should snatch their hands off. Most Owls fans would happily drive him back to Scotland just to get rid.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think there's a chance we'll be re-signing him. I hope not...he had his time and place at Motherwell which is now past, and I believe we are in a stronger position moving forward.

There is a huge possibility that Mark Reynolds will be returning north of the border after falling to 5th choice centre back/4th choice left back at Sheffield Wednesday. Reynolds was individually criticised by Owls boss Gary Megson on more than one occasion and in two of his four starts he was hauled off before half time to be substituted. Reynolds has not achieved the standards required of League One (third division) football and is not seen to have any future in English football.

Reynolds was in talks with Hibs and set for a £450k move until Motherwell showed their interest in re-signing the utility defender. To be honest if Hibs want to pay money for this calamitous defender then I think the Owls should snatch their hands off. Most Owls fans would happily drive him back to Scotland just to get rid.

Trouble is that your football club doesn't know shit from shinola.

Gary Megson is a useless c**t

Next stop League 2

Glad you've got a scapegoat for your huuuuuuuge list of woes

Mark Reynolds might not be in the same league as Mun U's Vidic but he's too good for your current shower of shite.

I can believe he is on his way back to Scotland, hasnt enjoyed much success down south, not the first and wont be the last player to do so.

Out of matter of interest how many games did he play at Centre Half.

I'm led to believe he played the majority at left back. He's never a left back in a million years.

Must admit Owl your post has the condescending arrogant attitude of a typical Englishman. Having watched Weds last year your problems are a hell of a lot more serious than Mark Reynolds.

No way will any team in Scotland outwith the Old Firm pay £450k for Mark Reynolds or any player.

• Like 2

In my perfect Motherwell world I would like to see Hutchinson and Saunders as our future centre back pairing over the next couple of years. With Craigan moved into more of a coaching role and an option from the bench.

Reynolds was a good player for us, but when you see guys like Hutch and Saunders - they are more of the CB mould. I always felt Reynolds could have been an excellent midfielder (something Gannon tried with him) but it never really turned into anything.

Personally, I don't think there's a chance we'll be re-signing him. I hope not...he had his time and place at Motherwell which is now past, and I believe we are in a stronger position moving forward.

with reynolds last season we playeed 28 games and conceded 29 goals.

without reynolds we played 25 games and conceded 43 goals.

we definitely missed reynolds when he left last season. him and hutchy would be a superb pairing.

• Like 1

with reynolds last season we playeed 28 games and conceded 29 goals.

without reynolds we played 25 games and conceded 43 goals.

we definitely missed reynolds when he left last season. him and hutchy would be a superb pairing.

You can't read too much into that. Two different managers and tactics. Brown and Knox were very defensive while McCall has been using a much more attacking tactic.

I can believe he is on his way back to Scotland, hasnt enjoyed much success down south, not the first and wont be the last player to do so.

Out of matter of interest how many games did he play at Centre Half.

I'm led to believe he played the majority at left back. He's never a left back in a million years.

Must admit Owl your post has the condescending arrogant attitude of a typical Englishman. Having watched Weds last year your problems are a hell of a lot more serious than Mark Reynolds.

No way will any team in Scotland outwith the Old Firm pay £450k for Mark Reynolds or any player.

Just for the record not an Englishman and Im sorry you thought my tone was 'arrogant'! It was more about the quality of League One in general (which includes the Owls). Im under no illusions about how crappy SWFC have been recently (with or without Reynolds) and the changes needed ahead. My point was that on his showing for SWFC he was well below the poor standard of the rest of the team (and this division).

2 starts as CB and 2 starts as LB. Subbed in both LB starts and one CB game. We have had some awful players recently but this lad was imho amongst the poorest once he pulled on the new shirt. Whatever he showed at Motherwell he left behind in Scotland.

I dont condescend and follow football from several countries/leagues. I just happen to have a soft spot for the Steelmen. I knew about Reynolds well before he moved south and was originally happy to see him go to the Owls. Sometimes moves work and sometimes they dont. This was a personal disaster for the lad and I hope he recovers. I did think the £450k was a lot of money.

Edited by BigOwl
  • Like 1