2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Leeds United have placed Mike Grella and Federico Bessone on the transfer list as midfielder Neil Kilkenny heads towards the exit door at Elland Road.

Grella and Bessone have been deemed surplus to requirements by United manager Simon Grayson and will be free to find new clubs before the start of next season.

Bessone’s impending departure is no surprise after an unsuccessful transfer from Swansea City last summer, but Grella’s availability appears to mark the end of an initially promising career at Elland Road.

Grella was the guy we tried to get on loan wasnt he?

i remember when it was Freedman that was being linked with a move to us what seemed like 2 or 3 seasons in a row back in the day

Aye during Billy Davies' big spending days.

Today's Daily Star, make of it what you will....

LIVERPOOL are heading the chase for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.

Chris Humphrey has caught the eye of a host of sides south of the border after a string of dazzling displays for the Scottish Cup finalists.

Now Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is considering a shock summer move for the lightning fast wideman.

Dalglish is scouring the market for wingers to supply his £35m striker Andy Carroll.

Anfield chief Dalglish has been linked with big-money moves for Aston Villa pair Ashley Young and Stewart Downing but is weighing up Humphrey as a cheaper option.

Liverpool are expected to run the rule over him again at the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic at Hampden a week tomorrow – but they won’t be the only ones.

Bitter rivals Everton, who were keen on Humphrey when he left Shrewsbury in 2009, will again check out the £1m-rated starlet whose contract runs out next summer.

Bolton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Swansea and Rangers are also interested and due to assess Humphrey, who was born in Kingston, Jamaica.

Dunno why so many people are suprised that Humphrey is being linked with EPL clubs. This season he has been unplayable at times, his delivery is much better and he is one of the fastest players in the UK. He has the potential to be a huge success.

Dunno why so many people are suprised that Humphrey is being linked with EPL clubs. This season he has been unplayable at times, his delivery is much better and he is one of the fastest players in the UK. He has the potential to be a huge success.

Aye he's been well good at times this season, but Liverpool??!! Come on!

Yes he has good promise, but I think he is at best a bit part player for a lower half EPL team - West Brom, Wigan, etc, etc. Liverpool are supposed to be spending big and making a challenge next year and I honestly believe that, while I think he's a quality player for us, he's nowhere near that level and I don't think he ever will be. He has lighting pace, but lacks technical ability thats taken for granted in EPL. If he was Liverpool calibre, I doubt very much he would have signed for us.

That said, I hope we keep him, but if not I'm liking the £1m being thrown about for his signature!

• Like 1

Aye he's been well good at times this season, but Liverpool??!! Come on!

I think they are seeing what his potential could be. Look at it their way - for a very small amount of money Liverpool can get him and could potentially get a fantastic impact player.

The respect he gets in the SPL is frightning. Most teams double up on him as they know how fast he is. Christ even Celtic had Emilio bricking it to go forward as they knew he would do him for pace.

Well said that man......my thoughts to a tee.... if the likes of Sammon get moves to the EPL, with lets be honest less than Craggs pace, and no more than average scoring potential, why not Humphrey..... as highlighted many times before, Pace cant be purchased for any money... skills and technic can be tought on the training ground..... all of the above can only mean more value... thus more in the Kitty should he move onwards and upwards.

Edited by Dazzer

My fears are that Scotlands Craig Levein has waited far to long to include him in the scotland squad, yes he can be frustrating at times and yes his crosses like most other wingers can be hit and miss, but for creating space and being a fantastic tactical tool....he is second to none. Craig levein seems to have gone with the inconsistant approach thus not included him in any of his squads.... Jamaica will benefit from this... i fear we have missed out!

Liverpool? :O

Paper talk only as far as I'm concerned. Again, like Jennings, Murphy, and Sutton I could see him in the Championship but not in the EPL.

Sammon may have went to Wigan but that doesn't mean he will feature regularly or do anything of note when he gets on the park. I can only see a scenario where he gets hunted down a league or two. Five decent months he had in his entire Killie career.

Today's Daily Star, make of it what you will....

LIVERPOOL are heading the chase for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.

Chris Humphrey has caught the eye of a host of sides south of the border after a string of dazzling displays for the Scottish Cup finalists.

Now Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is considering a shock summer move for the lightning fast wideman.

Dalglish is scouring the market for wingers to supply his £35m striker Andy Carroll.

Anfield chief Dalglish has been linked with big-money moves for Aston Villa pair Ashley Young and Stewart Downing but is weighing up Humphrey as a cheaper option.

Liverpool are expected to run the rule over him again at the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic at Hampden a week tomorrow – but they won't be the only ones.

Bitter rivals Everton, who were keen on Humphrey when he left Shrewsbury in 2009, will again check out the £1m-rated starlet whose contract runs out next summer.

Bolton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Swansea and Rangers are also interested and due to assess Humphrey, who was born in Kingston, Jamaica.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Another agent earning his money ?

In the EPL the teams seems to buy up talent 'incase' they can unearth a gem , in the meantime they get loans out to clubs to gain experience.

Sell him for a couple of milllion they we will give him first team experience :evilgrin:

Tranmere Rovers looked at taking THE FOX IN THE BOX back down south

Liverpool? :O

Paper talk only as far as I'm concerned. Again, like Jennings, Murphy, and Sutton I could see him in the Championship but not in the EPL.

Sammon may have went to Wigan but that doesn't mean he will feature regularly or do anything of note when he gets on the park. I can only see a scenario where he gets hunted down a league or two. Five decent months he had in his entire Killie career.

Of course... it must be paper talk! knowone could ever want the quickest winger in the UK.......for next to nothing!