2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Apologies if posted already/elsewhere, but a Thistle fan at work tells me we have Chris Erskine on trial. Attacking left sided midfielder apparently.

I asked a Thistle supporting mate about him when the story first surfaced and his assessment was that Erskine is "pish". Does anyone know much about him ?

A contact I met through work. I never knew he was a Shrewsbury Town fan until I mentioned going back up to Scotland for a Motherwell match and he asked how Chris Humphrey's was doing. From there we got chatting about football and every now and then we discuss how our relevant teams are doing and he mentioned a few weeks ago that we were back to steal another of their players, he is still a bit miffed about Humphrey, and gave me the info. He took great delight yesterday in e-mailing me the BBC page about Taylor signing a new contract.

So he's just a Shrewsbury fan?

Saw him last year versus Dunfermline @ Firhill looked a bit Ted McMinn to me - gangly dude.

Some stuff he did worked other times it was a bit 'holy fuck'

I'm sure he scored at least one that day

Didn't see enough to be swayed one way or t'other.

Seems to be a bit of a Kirky type enigma to the Jags

Mr Burns is tweeting that in tomorrow's express there is Steven Jennings on his future as McCall is about to make his 2nd signing.

I'm guessing Nicky Law will be said signing as Burns hasn't really come up with anything before that we haven't already read on here..

Mr Burns is tweeting that in tomorrow's express there is Steven Jennings on his future as McCall is about to make his 2nd signing.

Some Motherwell fan just asked if it was Nicky Law signing and Jennings leaving to which Burns responded "one right one wrong". Such a tease but should be worth a read.

Pure guess, but my money would be on:

Nicky Law signs

Jennings give a nothing interview about how he wants to stay at the club but is still weighing up his options before he decides his future.

You read it here first. Don't waste your pennies on the Express. :P

Just a thought. What kind of centre half do we reckon is what we're needing? Older head, commanding in the air, speedy etc?

Massive, for me the best central defenders are always huge and use their physical attributes. Skillful, composed and fast would be a benefit but if we can find a guy with all 4 then he's probably out our price range.

Massive, for me the best central defenders are always huge and use their physical attributes. Skillful, composed and fast would be a benefit but if we can find a guy with all 4 then he's probably out our price range.

Don't agree. Carolos Puyol, Fabio Cannavaro, Ricardo Carvalho (all smaller than 6ft) are three of the best defenders to grace the game in the last 10 years. Winning trophies left, right and centre, including World Cups, European Championships, Champions League, Premiership, Serie A, and La Liga.

If you've got a good defensive brain then it doesn't matter if you're tall and built like a brick shit house or you're small/average height.

Would rather have a defender with a brain rather than a Gary Kenneth!