2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Someones bitter :lol:

Michael Thompson

MTH0MP5ON Michael Thompson

@

@N7KOLAW7 very expensive watching your every game in a Millers shirt. Enjoy the cold weather & the bench next year #backwardstep

15 hours ago

in reply to ↑

Nick (Niko) Law

@N7KOLAW7 Nick (Niko) Law

@MTH0MP5ON ill think about that when im challenging for europe and playing infront of 60,00 at celtic mate! realbackwards step #clown

Here's the initial tweet that started that.

Someone is awfy bitter

C_Harkness - Just lost all respect for @N7KOLAW7 ... Hope he falls flat on his face in Shitland! Either that or snaps his fucking leg!

What a knob man!

not really ins and outs but couldn't be bothered starting a new thread.

seen this on the sunday mail and im sure i read somewhere that in the season gannon was here we used 17 youth team players so surely if this goes through we'd rake in the cash? good idea anyway imo

SFA to reward clubs that play Scotland kids with new payment system

THE SFA are set to introduce a radical new £10million plan by telling clubs: We'll PAY you to play our kids.

Chief Executive Stewart Regan admits he has copied the idea from cricket, where it transformed the county game.

Under the scheme, clubs will be given cash rewards for the appearance of Scottish Under-21s in their starting line-ups.

Regan and national boss Craig Levein will present it and other measures as part of their performance strategy to the newly-formed Professional Game board.

After Dutchman Mark Wotte was appointed Scotland's new Performance Director Regan is desperate to ram through a raft of ideas to put the national game back on track.

The former Yorkshire cricket supremo revealed: "We're investing a lot of money in performance, we have more than £10m ringfenced over the next five years and money will flow down to clubs for putting in place initiatives supporting what we're trying to do.

"There's a principle of performance-related payments which we brought in from my experience in cricket.

"They do it very well - you reward the behaviours which help deliver your strategy.

"So if clubs play Under-21 lads in the first team starting XI regularly - homegrown talent eligible for Scotland - they'll be rewarded.

"If they're good enough they should be playing regular football. Look at Charlie Adam. He was in and out of the Rangers team but has thrived at Blackpool playing every week against the best."

Regan admits the scheme will be costly but insists the rewards he saw in his time at Headingley convinced him it could work.

He revealed: "There's a draft paper. At the AGM we put in place a Professional Game Board and they'll consider whether to roll the proposal out. It's a big investment but it has to be enough of an incentive.

"Cricket changed as a result of payments coming down from the governing body.

"Whereas clubs were buying in Kolpak players from overseas - cricket's equivalent of Bosman - who weren't eligible to play for England, suddenly all the academy players were getting a chance in the first XI."

Levein is a fan of the idea and said: "We're not telling clubs you HAVE to play certain players. We're saying if you play them we'll reward you because you'll be helping us develop players for the national team."

Meanwhile, Regan admits he's lobbying the government to help with the grassroots strands of their Scotland United strategy.

Feeding more fit and able kids into the system is a crucial part of the process and he wants schools more involved.

He said: "We want to try to have more physical activity in schools, not just football but multi-sport to encourage handeye co-ordination and fitness.

"I was with the government on Wednesday asking them to support what we're doing."

Kevin McDonald on a free......??? I wid!!

http://en.wikipedia....aller_born_1988)

His career appears to be doing a "Gow", while many a player have been written off and came to FP and reignited things, I'd only go for him for cover.

With respect to the SFA thing, its certainly encouraging, good to see there is the first hint of some initiatives to generally improve the game. I suppose the only issue I can see is that hole between full U-21 internationals and everyone else, then another up to 24-25ish when the regular matches is really important.

I wouldn't thank you for McDonald.

Excellent at the time, don't get me wrong, but is now a busted flush (unfortunately) and a backwards step.

I'd say you're being a bit unfair there. The guy made a mistake at Burnley and was probably rightly frozen out because of it. If he comes back north, I'd certainly expect him to do a very good turn for someone. Seems a bit off to write someone off entirely at 22, given how promising they've been up to now.

I was being entirely unfair. I got my Kevin McDonalds mixed up.

I thought 'ours' had went down south, flopped, and was up here playing for Hibs a wee while back, before disappearing again (to Alloa, but I assumed down south). Different guy, no connection to us.

So you're totally right.

As for our ex-player McDonald, I don't know what he's been up to in all honesty.

Officer Diggle, you mean? He comes out with some spectacular bullshit,

Well fuck me gently!

This coming from a man user name is 'Stipe is God'

I'm absolutely cut to the bone man, cut to the bone :cry:

Fuck Nugget :lol:

Does anyone know if we have started training yet. I'm getting the impression we are a week or two behind almost every other club.

Chris Humphrey tweeted the other day that training starts tomorrow for us. I think we've probably needed the rest more than others due to starting the season earlier and finishing the season later than the other teams.

I'd say you're being a bit unfair there. The guy made a mistake at Burnley and was probably rightly frozen out because of it. If he comes back north, I'd certainly expect him to do a very good turn for someone. Seems a bit off to write someone off entirely at 22, given how promising they've been up to now.

Excuse my ignorance but what did he do at Burnley? He was certainly a good player for Dundee and is still young enough to be worked with.

Excuse my ignorance but what did he do at Burnley? He was certainly a good player for Dundee and is still young enough to be worked with.

They were getting horsed by Man City, he got subbed off at half time so him and his family decided to go down the pub instead of stick around for the second half. :cheers:

Not sure how true this is but heard we talking to Omar Daley who has been released by Bradford.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Omar_Daley

Have we actually really been interested in this guy or is it another of these Dindeleuxesque links that will never ever go away?

Read lots of "interested in", "linked with" or "talking to" lines but is really the case or someone has passed on the first rumour to someone who has passed on the rumour, who has posted it on here and so on and so on....

But is there any substance to it?