2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

I really like the look of that team Jimmo.

Except for the inexperienced central defense that is. Our midfield and forwards in that team would cuase problems for 90% of the league. Potential also to swap Murphy with Law and mix it up a bit going to a 4-4-2 etc.

Good times.

I agree with your comments, I just think Craigan may be more of a bit part player this season as we build for the future, I fully expect this to be his last season at Motherwell. I think playing that team allows Murphy a bit of a free role where he can play attacking left mid, switch with law to centre attacking mid or jump up front beside higgy. Just hope Jenno signs that contract ASAP.

While agreeing that looks a useful line-up, the bench could read

Hollis

Craigan

Page

Forbes

Carswell

Pollock

McHugh

The first eleven will have to be pretty consistent, as there don't seem too many outwith it that we could look to to change a game for us..

If we getting Gunning and another striker I think we have the best squad for a long time even if it is a bit low on numbers, the real problem i see is if Higdon gets injured or dosnt get off to a good start but sure he will

i wonder what the we fall out was between agent and player? could it be agent was not happy player chose football over money?

anyhow good player to resign. im sure we will bring in another one or two loan signings. The playing budget might be the same in financial terms, but like every other season, numbers are down. In the past we've been lucky that Saunders, Hutchison and Murphy have managed to step up to the senior level. I'm not so sure we have anyone else who is ready. Big ask to go through another season without major injuries and suspensions.

So as of now, are we still awaiting a natural left sided midfield player or not?

Would never have thought in January that Jennings would have been a Motherwell player come July. I honestly thought we had a better chance of keeping John Sutton. Disappointed it is just a one year deal again but glad we aren't losing a player of his quality.

If we getting Gunning and another striker I think we have the best squad for a long time even if it is a bit low on numbers, the real problem i see is if Higdon gets injured or dosnt get off to a good start but sure he will

Not trying to be negative but I've seen a few people say this and I don't understand why.

It's basically the same squad as last season except it's smaller, has fewer experienced players and we've lost Sutton and replaced him with someone who on paper scores fewer goals, and we've brought in Nicky Law who I've read a lot of mixed reports about (not physical, got talent but goes missing in matches, twice in Division team of the season albeit a lower level than SPL).

Far from being the best squad we've had for a long time to me it looks slightly weaker than last season unless Nicky Law makes a huge impact and becomes a star player or one of the younger players does a Faddy/Reynolds.

I wonder what will happen now do we keep jennings for the year then he goes for nothing or are we keeping him till xmas then cashing in on a good player

Answers on a postcard

What? Exactly the same as the last two years?

This is his 3rd one year contract.

I wonder what will happen now do we keep jennings for the year then he goes for nothing or are we keeping him till xmas then cashing in on a good player

Answers on a postcard

For me a year contract is worthless in terms of getting a fee for something. Jennings is a good player but not so good that other clubs will be so desperate to get him they will pay at Christmas when they can get him for nothing in June. He can negotiate a pre-contract with 6 months of his contract to run, if I remember correctly so I can't see us making anything out of this.

Just a decent player signing up for another year.

Perhaps you have a point Ya bezzer.

However I would be happy to wager that Higdon scores more goals for us that Sutton does for Hearts.

Also I suspect Law will be a little like Coke. Best midfielder on his game, but NOT always on his game. But then what do you expect at Motherwell....not going to get a prolific scorer from a championship club or above.

If we bring in another couple of players + a striker then I think it is a better squad than last season :cheers: