2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Aye, looks like it.

I assumed it was a loan, given that it was from an EPL team (youth team or not), but all the chat seems to be that he's being signed for the U-19s, which is pretty pointless as a loan signing, innit?

Interesting interview with Chris Porter on the Sky website

My link

Says he's had intrest from a few clubs and when asked if he would return to Scotland he said

I'd move anywhere, to be honest. I'd move back to Scotland if the deal was right and the club was right for me. My girlfriend is from up there, so she'd be happy with that. I'm willing to move anywhere. I'm not tied down, so I can go anywhere.

Could we really afford him?

Would he come back?

Would you sacrifice getting another quality striker in rather than a defender?

Edited by Well 4 Europe

Why would we want him? We have nowhere to play him -to presuming he'd be fit enough

We could play him up front. We only have two recognised experienced forwards in Murphy and Higdon. Most top teams try and have at least three forwards who can guarentee you goals.

Would love to have Porter back at Motherwell.

Scott Burns in the Express today suggesting that Bolton & QPR are both looking at Murphy. Several Championship clubs also interested but he would prefer EPL.

Interesting given Coyle's knowledge of the SPL and Warnock's links with SMC. However given that QPR owners don't appear to want to back Warnock on any transfers is this just 2+2=5 to fill a gap?

• Like 1

Scott Burns in the Express today suggesting that Bolton & QPR are both looking at Murphy. Several Championship clubs also interested but he would prefer EPL.

Interesting given Coyle's knowledge of the SPL and Warnock's links with SMC. However given that QPR owners don't appear to want to back Warnock on any transfers is this just 2+2=5 to fill a gap?

May not be true but still worrying. Think Murphy would benefit from at least another season at Fir Park.

Either would be a good move for Jamie and the fact two teams are allegedly in the hunt could help us secure as big a transfer fee as possible. Lets see what the offers are. How long has he left on his contract? One/two years? I'd hope, given that is mega rich EPL Clubs that are sniffing around, that we hold out for a seven figure sum.

It would mean a bit of a mad clammer to get a replacement, some on here feel we are already a bit light up front but I wouldn't grudge him his move.

He signed a 2 year extension on the 19th of May last year meaning he's on our books for another 2 years. I'd like to think we'd hold on to him till January at least however money talks. Like Lobey I think Randolph is the most likely to leave.

I'm still after a massive centre-half. Some of the fringe players performances last night were encouraging however mostly in midfield and attack.

Also, forgot to add, do we really need to pursue Gunning when you've got someone like Page who looks more than up to the same job?

If we got him signed to us then I could justify the salary being paid out (if we get him again I'm guessing we'd contribute more of his weekly wage), if its another loan I'd rather Page stepped up his game or we go out to bring someone in on a free.

For me a natural left sided player is a must. Jim 'Stepover' Paterson would be worth a shout in my view, as long as he could prove his fitness.

I'm pretty sure we are well beyond signing the likes of Jim Paterson thankfully.

McCall is clearly after a left sided defender with a bit of pace that can cover both centre half and left back. Gunning and Reynolds fit the bill. Page certainly has something to offer but I'm not quite sure where he fits in.

Still amazed if we aren't actively pursuing another striker. Higdon and Murphy need some source of competion as they both tend to go through purple patches.

Ideal situation would be selll Randolph, use his wages to bring in the keeper McCall has lined up and use a small proportion of the transfer fee to bolster the squad with 1 or 2 significant additions. The rest of the transfer fee would then help tide things over in the absence of Boyle/Fan ownership.

Much as I'd love Jamie to stay. Working with Coyle would be such a brilliant move for him (and some fish suppers)

just thinking again on this and maybe Coyle see's Murphy in the Sturrdige role that worked well for them last season?