Okay, Will I Be The First To Say It?

MJC_MKI

can we have an MJC update please???

Certainly.

My stance hasn't changed, I believe that McCall is the wrong man for us. Forget last week, whilst it's great to beat Celtic, we won last week because Celtic had a serious off day. It's games against the likes of St.Mirren & Inverness that we need to be looking to win and those sides have us sussed out.

Not good enough.

Certainly.

My stance hasn't changed, I believe that McCall is the wrong man for us. Forget last week, whilst it's great to beat Celtic, we won last week because Celtic had a serious off day. It's games against the likes of St.Mirren & Inverness that we need to be looking to win and those sides have us sussed out.

Not good enough.

I like how you wait until after the Inverness game before posting your reply. If we had won I doubt we'd have heard from you today.

I like how you wait until after the Inverness game before posting your reply. If we had won I doubt we'd have heard from you today.

Well that's a non starter of an arguement to be honest because we didn't win today, we lost 0-3 and that, like the St.Mirren debacle, like Kilmarnock at home, like Dundee Utd at Tannadice is yet another poor result and poor performance under Stuart McCall. Had we won today then things would have been different because we would have built on our win over Celtic with a victory against a similar strengthed side in the league and that would have had to be looked upon as progress. But we didn't win today, infact we were easily beaten and this, on top of some of the dreadful results and performances so far have brought me to the conclusion that McCall is not going to cut the mustard for us as manager.

While I have yet to be convinced by McCall’s managerial capabilities it’s far too early to call for his head. My preferred choice for manager was and still is Jimmy Calderwood. He would have secured our top six place and had us challenging for Europe. As it is we need to get on with it and support the manger and the team as best we can.

Do I think we will make the top six? The heart says yes, but the head says no chance. I think today told us more about the present squad of players than any victory over the Old Firm ever will.

• Like 1

Far too early to call for his head - he needs at least a year in fairness and the chance to bring in his own players. That said he got both the team selection and tactics badly wrong in Inverness. Changes also should have been made after 30 minutes but weren't. Hopefully he's getting these errors out of his system early on at FP.

The expectation level of some on these boards is incredible, Motherwell are at best a mid-table SPL club, we have a small playing squad, a stadium falling to bits and budgets to match.

We will never attract a Jose Mourhinio or Sir Alex Ferguson type manager or indeed the type of players these managers can bring.

The last few seasons have been about living the dream European foortball midweek under the lights fantastic memories that will live with me for a lifetime, but the cold harsh reality is midweek turgid affairs against St Mirren or Killy and the closest to european fitba will be a kickabout on the beach in Benidorm.

McCall may not have been everyones first choice, he may not even have been the clubs fist choice however someone thinks he's the best man for the job and as Supporters our job is to get behind him and the team week in week out.

This week is exactly the reason why people use the term rollercoaster, we went from the low against St. Mirren to a massive high against Celtic, there was only one way to go after that..........

We have no right to turn up and beat any team in any league but turn up we will week in week out whether it be pishing rain or freezing our arses off because thats what we do, if anyone wants to back a team with a better than good chance of beating almost all teams in the SPL and European football every season then there are 2 teams you can follow. If you want to be a Football Supporter keep coming along to watch the 'Well.

Now thats not to say you don't have the right to come on and moan and bitch about it, of course you do thats what this forum is for after all, but please get it out of your sytem here or down the pub with your mates anywhere but not at the game, shouts of your shite because a player failed to control a knee high pass beat his man swivel and shoot in 1 fluid movement are not helpful !

Rant over.

Saturday - McCall Out

Wednesday - McCall Must Stay

Saturday - McCall Out

Tuesday - Jury's Out

Sunday - McCall Must Stay

Saturday - McCall Out

Motherwell fans take fickle to a new level.

In the aftermath of every game - We win - he must stay, We lose He Must Go, We draw Jury's Out

Saturday - McCall Out

Wednesday - McCall Must Stay

Saturday - McCall Out

Tuesday - Jury's Out

Sunday - McCall Must Stay

Saturday - McCall Out

Motherwell fans take fickle to a new level.

In the aftermath of every game - We win - he must stay, We lose He Must Go, We draw Jury's Out

Not really the case though is it.

The guy that the pack is after just now has said all along that he doesnt think McCall is the man for the job , he isnt blowing in the wind and has given his reasons for it. The usual suspects have then rounded on him and used the victory last week to have a go at him.

Never ceases to amaze me that the biggest and best fans on here , the ones complaining about songs , behaviour of fans and negativity from others are more than regularly the ones sitting on here while the match is in progress.

• Like 1

in all honesty I also was less than enthused at the appointment with Stuart McCall, I didn't (and still don't) think he's the right man for the job.

However, now that he's here there's not much we can do other than hope he can prove us wrong and the only way to do that is by becoming a successful manager. Fingers crossed.

The guy that the pack is after just now has said all along that he doesnt think McCall is the man for the job , he isnt blowing in the wind and has given his reasons for it. The usual suspects have then rounded on him and used the victory last week to have a go at him.

Never ceases to amaze me that the biggest and best fans on here , the ones complaining about songs , behaviour of fans and negativity from others are more than regularly the ones sitting on here while the match is in progress.

Inclined to agree with Diggle on this one. With respect to the poor victim of "the pack", only 3 hours after the St. Mirren this thread was started, however we beat Celtic against all odds and not only that we make them look amateur, however he/she didn't feel the need to add to the thread until a very disappointing result yesterday in Inverness and guess what, it's cranked up again.

It's nice when you can pick and choose when to stoke the fire.

That's a fair point ML1 which I accept. I was talking more about the general vibe more than any specific posters.

Yes - I wasn't at the game yesterday and don't go to many away games in general. I hang my head in shame.

So I'll shut my gob in future even though I was just posting an opinion about the general vibe - and have never really thought that I was a 'better supporter than anyome'

I'm yet to be convinced but let's be clear that he was never Motherwell's first choice. According to Wikipedia, McCall's win percentage as a manager has never exceeded 35%. In saying that, the players have to shoulder the bulk of responsibility at Inverness for their lack of effort.

Really confused by a lot of the posts about McCall. Fair enough if you don't think that he is the 'man for the job' if you like - that's opinion. The lack of a possible replacement is what worries me. Calderwood is a name that has been mentioned and a good suggestion, my worry would be that he has perhaps been approached before for this job, and rejected it. Again that's just opinion,i may be wrong.

No matter what happens between now and the end of the season Motherwell will still be playing SPL football next year. McCall will need to alter his squad this end of season and be judged on what he manages to do until Christmas.

Realistically he will not be given any money to spend this summer, he may be given about £600/700 per week for wages that is free from departures in January there but i don't see any transfer cash coming in.

This will limit his possibilities further. To be honest i think any SPL job right now is a poisoned chalice,an impossibility. If you can keep a steady squad for next year you will be ok but Motherwell don't really have that. Some decent players yes but nothing steady.

The standard in Scotland is getting worse by the year and next year,for me, will be the worst yet. Give McCall till christmas but look around whilst your at it and see whats happening elsewhere.I think you'll find that answer to be : not a lot.

JIMMY CALDERWOODS MOTHERWELL ARMY!!! MCCALL AND BLACK OUT!!! I was at Inverness and we are CRAP!!! The manner of defeats in these games is alarming i firmly believe if he's in charge next season we could go down it's that bad. :cheers:

The standard in Scotland is getting worse by the year and next year,for me, will be the worst yet. Give McCall till christmas but look around whilst your at it and see whats happening elsewhere.I think you'll find that answer to be : not a lot.

Totally agree with that. The standard is shocking and getting worse. I caught some of the Rankers St Midden game and I've watched better quality amateur games.

Who would we rather have? Another manager with one eye down south, commuting to Motherwell from his 5 bed bungalow somewhere +200 miles away. Long and short is he is the only one who was committed to us as most supporters expect and demand. McCall was the only one willing to commit. For me he has a degree of integrity missing from many in this sport.

There have been some howling results, some only the most optimistic would have predicted and a few we've at least been the better side but didn't get anything from, however that's football.

We are the 7th or 8th biggest team in the country based on average attendance, turnover and our honour roll. Despite a few blips, our general league position over the past 20 years has been pretty good overall. We are comparable in terms of size with Kilmarnock (without the debt), their fans would bit our arms off for splitting the OF twice. Of course with a 5th place finish last season most would like to see an improvement this year however, for the second season in succession we've had to appoint a new management team with all the hassle and upheaval that goes with it.

• Like 1

Inclined to agree with Diggle on this one. With respect to the poor victim of "the pack", only 3 hours after the St. Mirren this thread was started, however we beat Celtic against all odds and not only that we make them look amateur, however he/she didn't feel the need to add to the thread until a very disappointing result yesterday in Inverness and guess what, it's cranked up again.

It's nice when you can pick and choose when to stoke the fire.

I've probably been McCall's biggest critic, from the time his name was mentioned I said I was totally against his appointment.

The thing is though, you cannot base your criticism of a manager on any OF game, it's the games against those around you in the league that prove, or disprove a managers capabilities. I believe the win at Aberdeen was more down to a combination of the players looking to prove something to Craig Brown, and Hartleys sending off, rather than anything the backroom staff did. We needed an extremely soft penalty to beat Accies and we've been pretty awful in the rest of the matches where McCall's been in charge. When a new manager comes into a club he generally, if he's any good, gives the club and the players a wee boost which generally shows in the club picking up a few points. That just hasn't happened. The Celtic game apart, probably the best football we've played was against Dundee in the Cup, McCall's first game in charge, I'd say that was a case of players showing the new guy what they're capable of.

Sadly, the OF apart, I dont think we've reached that level of performance since.

maybe the Dundee game and the Celtic game , the players were giving a fuk and were doing the job they are paid to do,( on TV as well :cheers: )

not surprised in the slightest by the weak performances, must be hard, no , nigh on impossible to motivate players that have been around a club where:

despite some terrfic performances year in year out delivering truly awesome success in relative terms

manager after manager leaves them behind,

a chairman who despite any good work has left the club stranded with no capital and constantly cutting running costs, which these same players will now be feeling in their wage packets

they watc hundreds of thousands of pounds get wasted on dissapearing grass

a board who have publicly declared their intentions to invest in youth, wonder how that affects senior players

and fans that publicly berate them on the slightest mistake

club is in transition, who knows where it'll end up, but for now we'll have to accept what is on the table/pitch

no point in in getting yourself worked up over poor choices, nothing will change short term

Two very good posts from the Lip69 and the Brazilian and I suspect both are pretty near the truth. Like it or not there are question marks over Stuart McCall's ability to motivate the squad. Why is that? It may be due in part to the mangement team's failings but it may also be due in part to players who have become stale and need to be moved on for their good and the good of the club - maybe as many as 5 or 6 of them. Personally I'd like to see a fair bit of movement in and out this summer. Only once that has happened and SM has been given an opportunity to wheel and deal in the transfer market can we judge him.

it gets said more or less every season, move on players, and bring in replacements. If only life was that easy. Hows about letting the younger players develop and if that means losing a few games along the way so be it. Some sections of our support are starting to sound like old firm, i.e. high expectations, lack of patience, and over reactions to defeat. Result like saturday have happened to Motherwell since 1886. Only Hearts have shown any consistancy, but they have a big squad. We have a squad of boys with a few more experienced players, who are carrying injuries and probably in nead of a rest.

McCall like every other manager will get decisions right and wrong, just like every other manager in the world of football. Very few get it consistantly right from the word go, and if they do they've probably had a wad of money to buy players. When you look at the likes of Lambert, McLeish, Davies and even butcher very few supporters rated them but given time theyve shown they can with experience, mature into respectable and solid managers. We've no money, so we have to show patience and understanding of the problems associated with Scottish Football. McCall out posts from the same posters (we get the message, why repeat it constantly?) are not helpful and silly for a guy thats been in the job for only just over two months. Sure criticise him when he make mistakes, praise him when he gets it right, but lets be sensible about it. He aint going anywhere, and any manager with any sense would stay well clear of Scottish football, as it going down the pan.

As for motivation which is the flavour of the month, surely the players owe it to themselves to prepare for a match professionally? Physically and Mentally.