Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

This is hardly the fixture we wanted after losing at home to St Mirren midweek, especially when the manager has said this today;

We now face possibly the toughest test the SPL has to offer when Celtic visit Fir Park. With Saunders and Jones touch and go, Jennings and Lasley struggling and Stephen Craigan suspended, there’s no doubt it’s going to be a big ask.

Celtic would be a tough proposition with a full squad of players to choose from, but the idea of a team that doesn't include Saunders, Jones, Jennings, Lasley or Craigan going out there to play Celtic sends a chill down my spine.

I'm hoping that at least one or two from that list make it back in time, but I'm going to have to predict a loss this weekend, probably by a good two or three goal margin I reckon.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Celtic only beat us by a three goal margin then it will be a good result for us.

Let's face the facts here. We are rubbish and can't score in a brothel just now and are up against a Celtic side who are by far and away the best side in the country just now and are unbeaten in something like eighteen matches, scoring goals for fun and will be on an almighty high having just thumped Rangers, who don't forget took six off us not two weeks ago without breaking sweat. Celtic have players who can absolutely rip opponents to shreds, for instance Commons, Izaguirre, Brown, Samaras & Hooper and if they can destroy Rangers then God knows what they could do to our disjointed, low in confidence, sorry mob.

8-0 to the Hoops.

If Celtic only beat us by a three goal margin then it will be a good result for us.

Let's face the facts here. We are rubbish and can't score in a brothel just now and are up against a Celtic side who are by far and away the best side in the country just now and are unbeaten in something like eighteen matches, scoring goals for fun and will be on an almighty high having just thumped Rangers, who don't forget took six off us not two weeks ago without breaking sweat. Celtic have players who can absolutely rip opponents to shreds, for instance Commons, Izaguirre, Brown, Samaras & Hooper and if they can destroy Rangers then God knows what they could do to our disjointed, low in confidence, sorry mob.

8-0 to the Hoops.

You do this everytime and usually it ends up a draw or a narrow defeat!

Anyway I think we will get beat 3-1 or thereabouts. We have too small a squad and injurys to handle Celtic right now, but you never know!!

8-0 to the Hoops.

You are a grade 1 penis

After getting beat off St Midden, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a belter of a Motherwell performance that narrowly loses by the odd goal. The sort of performance that would have knocked the midden for 6.

+1. This is one of the better Celtic teams to come to FP in recent years but I fancy us to run them close as long as some of our key figures manage to shake off knocks.

I'm up for this one but I cant see us doing anything to be honest. I reckon their forwards will find Craigan almost as easy as they did Weir last week.

It frightens me but I can see another 5 or 6 goal drubbing.

Craigan's not playing.

Probably still wont make much difference.

I'm up for this one but I cant see us doing anything to be honest. I reckon their forwards will find Craigan almost as easy as they did Weir last week.

It frightens me but I can see another 5 or 6 goal drubbing.

Well we're in luck - he's suspended!

I hope Celtic leave on Sunday whinging about our pitch but I can't see it happening :(

Positive.... lets back the lads to put the last game behind them..... a draw would be fantastic.... a win perfect.... a loss....who cares it would of been expected.

Changes to the starting line up will be enforced, but playing on the TV and the fact its the old firm, players tend to play through the niggles which could prove costly.

McCall needs to take no chances with any players, just rest the 50/50 players as the game is pretty impossible to win, so save them for the games we have a more than realistic chance of winning, and not risk long term injury which we can ill afford to happen.

Draw Sunday.....

I hope Mccall will have kicked a few arse's today and made it clear that last night really was not good enough.

Line up i'd go with something along the lines of,

Randolph

Hateley

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hammell

Humphrey

Forbes

Jenno or Las in hope one of them is fit

Murphy

Sutton

Jeffers

I would really love to think that we can take something from this game, so here's hoping the pitch stifles Celtic's play a little, the team have an absolute stormer with big Randy pulling off some worldy saves and Mccall gets his tactics on the button.

That being said i'll go for a scrappy 1-0 win to the 'well.

Intae this shite!

It's photos like them that should make even the most doubting person think "why the f*ck can't we beat them?". We had even less of a chance of beating them then than we have on Sunday given what was at stake - and we did. Even with Gerry Britton in a Motherwell shirt.

Fingers crossed they have let their minds drift to the cup replay on Wednesday.

Otherwise it looks like it could be another doing.

I was saying the same before the Rangers game when they had Sporting Lisbon and Celtic games coming up and we were mauled. Trying to be postive but with lots of injurys its hard seeing anything other than a comprehensive win for Celtic.

My team against the vicTIMS -

RANDOLPH

PAGE HUMPHREY HUTCHISON JENNINGS HATELEY MURPHY GUNNING FORBES HAMMELL

JEFFERS - (Don't forget to track back)

I'm working on Sunday otherwise I would be there I fully expect to be beaten I just hope the team can make a game of it

another 6-0 would just be demoralising and I can already hear McCall blaming the players when he's the one who tactics set them up to fail (sorry that's a bit of sour grapes from the Saints game)