Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

I'll be delibrately missing my first Celtic game at Fir Park since before we won the cup. If the players don't give a fuck why should I? No goals from open play against the worst two teams in the league? Celtic could easily win this 8 or 9-0.

Usually agree with you mate but the players will give a fuck against Celtic, McCall will make sure of that. Some of our best results against the Old Firm over the years have came during a period of dodgy form.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sqad are getting what they deserve while playing badly, diddly squat, the fans are being short-changed, BUT, i,m a motherwell supporter & will continue to support even tho, i am bitterly disappointed in wed,s display, or lack of. i am hoping that we don,t get gubbed on sun, esp on live tv. :lol: i will be there more in hope than expectation but with the ,well who knows

I'll be there for the first 45mins then need to leave to go and hopefully rattle ten into some Accies fans as the bastards wont change the ko time of our league game!

Think we will get beaten this game but not bye a huge margin. 2-1 or possibly 2-0. We haven't conceded many to Celtic this year.

Fuck knows what the team will be obviously injury dependant.

In my view any of the players doubtful should NOT play on Sunday. March is a pivotal months for us, with vital league matches at Killie and ICT plus the cup tie at Tannadice. Its a month that will determine the rest of our season, and we need our entire squad available.

We will probably lose on Sunday either with our full team or with youngsters in the team, so why risk guys like Jenno and Las when we need them far more for next month. We could lose a few if they aggrivate injuries on Sunday, so I'm prepared to potentially take the hit for this game to (hopefully!) ensure a successful March.

So my team would be:

Randolph

Page

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hammell

Hateley

Forbes

Humphrey

Sutton

Murphy

Jeffers

A reasonable starting X1 set out in a 4-2-3-1 formation. The subs bench would be inexperienced, but with Casagold, Meechan and Pollock there at least we'd have options.

Result-wise it would probably be expecting too much of that side to take anything, but a battling show would make things interesting at least.

---------------Randolph--------

Page----Hutchinson----Gunning---Hammell

-----------------Hateley----------------

----------Jennings----Lasley---------

-----------------Forbes----------------

-----------Murphy-------Sutton----------

If the team decides to put in a bit of effort for a change we might have a small chance of getting a point but if it's the same as the other night we could be on the end of really heavy defeat. 6-1 Celtic

Randolph

Page

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hammell

Hateley

Forbes

Humphrey

Sutton

Murphy

Jeffers

A reasonable starting X1 set out in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

4 forwards against the old firm? Can't quite see it happening. Especially after the 5 at the back debacle at ibrox

I don't quite get the attitude of not risking players against Celtic as we will most likely lose.

Celtic fucking hate coming to FP and we recently gave Rangers a scare at Hampden when nobody gave us a chance. I'd be content to lose every other league game this season if it meant we humped Celtic on Sunday. Intae them.

Motherwell 0 Celtic ? feel free to fill in the Celtic score after a right good pumping. Glass half empty? Maybe but when you can't score in open play against Hamilton & St Mirren(Cowdenbeath) then your not gonna score against arguably the best team in the country just now. Add this to the fact i can't remember the last time Celtic failed to score & it looks like a pumping.

I'll be delibrately missing my first Celtic game at Fir Park since before we won the cup. If the players don't give a fuck why should I? No goals from open play against the worst two teams in the league? Celtic could easily win this 8 or 9-0.

I don't know you from Adam Milo but from what I have gathered from your posts on here you are someone who has invested time, emotion and money into supporting the well over the years. You seem to be representitive of a whole group of people I know who after years of putting their money where their mouth is, have reached the end of their rope.

The 'real fans' (copyright) can be as positive as they like but when attendances are falling and their is a raft of currently attending fans who are on the verge of jacking it in

, it is a concerning time. That's a fact, not a subjective opinion.

On current form Motherwell are a bottom 6 SPL club. This time next year, unless something changes dramatically we could well find ourselves in the same position as our Lanarkshire rivals.

As far as the game this weekend goes, don't know how many Celtic will score but I am fairly confident that Motherwell will not score.

Motherwell 0 Celtic ? feel free to fill in the Celtic score after a right good pumping. Glass half empty? Maybe but when you can't score in open play against Hamilton & St Mirren(Cowdenbeath) then your not gonna score against arguably the best team in the country just now. Add this to the fact i can't remember the last time Celtic failed to score & it looks like a pumping.

Why can't we to be honest? Been plenty of top defences went to places they really shouldn't have conceded at and lost. Course we can do it! Always when you least expect it....... :notworthy:

I don't know you from Adam Milo but from what I have gathered from your posts on here you are someone who has invested time, emotion and money into supporting the well over the years. You seem to be representitive of a whole group of people I know who after years of putting their money where their mouth is, have reached the end of their rope.

The 'real fans' (copyright) can be as positive as they like but when attendances are falling and their is a raft of currently attending fans who are on the verge of jacking it in

, it is a concerning time. That's a fact, not a subjective opinion.

On current form Motherwell are a bottom 6 SPL club. This time next year, unless something changes dramatically we could well find ourselves in the same position as our Lanarkshire rivals.

As far as the game this weekend goes, don't know how many Celtic will score but I am fairly confident that Motherwell will not score.

What I've picked up over the years is that only the presence of MJC has stopped him being recognised as the forums resident miserablist and predictor of doom and woe!

That aside these last few seasons have been just terrible I can see why people want to chuck it, the sheer pain of qualifying for europe in the last 3 seasons, the monotony of being stuck with the same old manager season in season out. Who could be bother maintaining an interest in a team like ours! :notworthy: