Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tremendous

well done to Stuart McCall and the players

some massive performances from what you could barely call a squad today.even the easy targets contributed a tremendous amount today wether it was breaking up play or taking the ball for a walk to eat up the time

Gonna be a difficult MOTM and for all the good reasons.

Sutton, Hutchinson, Gunning, Hammell, Lasley, Jennings, and big Randolph shouldn't be forgotten he made some big stops to keep them out

There has been some guff posted about McCall recently, but that beats them all.

Where was this self-motivation from the players when Rangers took 6 off us? That was McCall's fault, if the serial haters on here are to be believed.

McCall had exactly the right response after the St. Mirren game - came out and told everyone how crap they were and how that wasn't acceptable. Now he has taken a bare bones squad, put together a decent tactical plan with the available players and could be pulling of a result a team that has been really firing on all cylinders the past few weeks.

Only Motherwell fans could see the negative in that.

Totally agree. The guy has nothing to work with (in financial terms), has still brought in a couple of quality players, is still only less than three months int his job and still gets the blame for us not being Barcelona.

This is a work in progress, give the guy a break and enjoy todays result.

'Mon the 'Well!!!

Immense performance today from the team. That's why we are 'Well fans!

Everyone gave everything today, from Randolph who had 3 or 4 great saves to Sutton up front who looked like a different player to the one was playing on Wednesday.

However, I thought Lasley was absolutely tremendous. I thought he was out for a month when he limped off on Wednesday, even when he was named in the team today I wasn't expecting him to last the match and not be 100% but how wrong could I be? Outstanding.

Great atmosphere, great match and funnily enough my flu has cleared right up - the healing power of a glorious 'Well victory!