Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

Only Motherwell could lose to a struggling St.Mirren then beat a high flying Celtic all in the space of four days. Unfuckingbelieveable.

Fantastic result and by the sounds of things we were comfortable and that has to be one of the easiest victories we've ever had over Celtic.

And that's the first time that Celtic have failed to score at Fir Park since 1996 aswell so a new record is broken.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in, that was brilliant. To a man, we were outstanding. Got torn right into them,gave Celtic no respect and showed the hunger we need to. We deserved that win. I thought Forbes was reborn today. He was all over the park, never stopped running, and got stuck into tackles. Gunning was superb in centre half and looked an ideal partner for Hutch, can't say enough about Sutton's contribution, and the rest of the team was top drawer.

All the posters who have spent the last two months on here moaning about everything Motherwell and Scottish football related, wind your neck in now. Today was what it was all about!

Mon the fucking 'well!!

PS, Doing the celtic 'do do do' thing and getting it right up them was quality!

It was a great performance the day. Typical of Motherwell. Getting beat by St Midden to bounce back and beat ra' Shellik

9 points from a possible 12. 3 wins in 4 games.

Just haven't won the games we hope we would but it's always sweet to beat either one of the OF.

Hopefully we can kick on and maintain a bit of form.

But lets enjoy today :D:D:D

Come on ye 'Well!! :O

Completely and utterly justified win. Better team all over the park, hungrier team. Like I said during the week, it's football, you just never know. Sutton was immense, I thought Hateley had a good game and tackled well. The visitors were dismal but that was down to what we did, not what they didn't. Well done to the lads and to Stuart McCall. Brilliant.

Absolutely magnificent. Everything was right today, correct team selection and tactics and spot on attitude. Every player put in a real shift and can be proud of themselves.

Shellic were poor and can have no excuses, we thoroughly deserved the win and 2-0 was a fair outcome.

There has been some guff posted about McCall recently, but that beats them all.

Where was this self-motivation from the players when Rangers took 6 off us? That was McCall's fault, if the serial haters on here are to be believed.

McCall had exactly the right response after the St. Mirren game - came out and told everyone how crap they were and how that wasn't acceptable. Now he has taken a bare bones squad, put together a decent tactical plan with the available players and could be pulling of a result a team that has been really firing on all cylinders the past few weeks.

Only Motherwell fans could see the negative in that.

Thanks.

I'm not being negative about today, all I am saying is that we want to see a few good performances against the teams round about us before the McCall fans start the told you so routine.

While I am being so negative I may as well continue. Keep Craigan out the team and give the young lads at the back a chance now. They deserve it. Gave Celtic nothing today.

Thanks.

I'm not being negative about today, all I am saying is that we want to see a few good performances against the teams round about us before the McCall fans start the told you so routine.

While I am being so negative I may as well continue. Keep Craigan out the team and give the young lads at the back a chance now. They deserve it. Gave Celtic nothing today.

You certainly aren't being positive! I don't think people are in the McCall fan camp as much as give the guy a chance camp. That is all people are asking for.

Anyway have a good drink and celebrate tonight because these days don't come along too often :O

i clicked on the celtic forum for a laugh and you should see some of the comms

1) ewan norris should never ref in the spl again :O

2) pitch was the worst in the spl :D

3) motherwell players were thugs :D

cant beleive there excuses they lose a game and everyone is against them. If anyone has complaints about the referee it should be us but hey who cares we pumped them 2-0

Outstanding. Credit has to go to McCall for the way he sent the team out to nullify the supply from Celtic's midfield. I reckon he fired a rocket up the players arse after wednesdays poor performance.

Great performance all round, stand-outs being Randolph, Hutchison, Lasley and Sutton. Referee was horrible and I'm still reeling from his decision to bring the play back after Humphrey was clean through.

Oh and, I just can't get enough!

Outstanding. Credit has to go to McCall for the way he sent the team out to nullify the supply from Celtic's midfield. I reckon he fired a rocket up the players arse after wednesdays poor performance.

Great performance all round, stand-outs being Randolph, Hutchison, Lasley and Sutton. Referee was horrible and I'm still reeling from his decision to bring the play back after Humphrey was clean through.

Oh and, I just can't get enough!

Exactly the manager's job is to lift the team after a defeat like Wednesday and by today's performance he certainly did that!! :O

While people shouldn't get suicidal because we lose 1-0 to St Mirren we shouldn't think we're invincible because we beat Celtic 2-0.

But we matched them with the three in the middle which made it hard for them to get the ball to their more effective players on either wing. Also apart from a ten minute spell in the middle of the 2nd half we made use of the ball when we had it which meant we were never under siege and therefore didn't collapse.

Celtic were really sluggish at the start and us having a lead made us a much more determined opponent for them. It all instilled belief in our mob and doubt in them.

THe penalty was as clear as day from the East Stand but less so from the side the ref was at so was good to see the assistant get involved and do his job.

Ref had a couple of blips but overall his foul detection was excellent just felt he was inconsistent with his cards - even within our team he booked Lasley for his first and Forbes got three of them before he was done for persistent fouling then you add in the no bookings he gave Celtic apart from dissent until the last minute.

Take a lot of hard work to wipe the smile off my face tonight.

i clicked on the celtic forum for a laugh and you should see some of the comms

1) ewan norris should never ref in the spl again :woop:

2) pitch was the worst in the spl :lol:

3) motherwell players were thugs :lol:

cant beleive there excuses they lose a game and everyone is against them. If anyone has complaints about the referee it should be us but hey who cares we pumped them 2-0

To be honest, that is no different to how it is on here after a defeat