Motherwell Vs Celtic Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if this has already been said but did anyone notice hoe much better we were defensively without craigan

What a load of guff. Just because we get a clean sheet in one game he missed you think he is surplus to requirements?

Take 2008/09 for example, Craigan missed ten games through injury, of which we only won two and drew one. When he returned to the side we went twelve games undefeated in all competitions. Also, last season when he was outed by Gannon, the team began to leak goals, what happened in his return, 9 clean sheets out of 11, only conceding two goals?

Throughout Craigan's time at Motherwell, any time he is out of the team for a prolongued period isn't successful and upon his return to the team our form seems to drastically improve. To the uneducated eye he may not seem that important a player but statistics don't lie.

Harsh on Craigan in my opinion, although he is of course, like all our players, not without his faults. We need more guys like Craigan, Lasley and Hammell and from previous years Clarkson, ie guys that know what playing for Motherwell is all about and are real Motherwell men. That said if Gunning and Hutchison were to retain their places I wouldn't be outraged.

If you ever think for a moment you wish you were someone else, just be glad it's not a deluded, paranoid clown like this Celtic "fan".....

I looked out my window last night and it was dark. This morning it was light. I’m still an ugly so and so and Kyle Lafferty is still a c*nt. The world has continued spinning and nothing has really changed. So what did we learn from that cack yesterday?

1) We started poor and got poorer. The game was not lost on the pitch but in the minds of players who believed that they were Billy Big Times. They were out-done by a proven bunch of inconstant vagabonds who ran a bit faster and tried a bit harder.

2) The only Celtic fan to have enjoyed Charlie Mulgrew’s very public meltdown was Michelle Mone. Him and Forster joined the impressive linage of Chuckle Brothers impersonators that we have seen down the years. Though Mulgrew should have cleared the ball the Goalie for me takes most of the blame.

3) What is it with Lanarkshire after derby successes? Two comprehensive wins followed by 5 dropped points. Our three defeats this season have been deserved. When we are poor we’re poor. All have seen us not turn up or even look like we have been introduced to each other. As long as they only happen after long unbeaten runs we can’t really moan about them.

4) Last weeks FFT’s mentioned the balance of power being shifted. It stopped dead in it’s tracks yesterday. Good week for R*ngers, a win via the snooker route in Europe then a Sunday that saw last weeks humiliation rendered null and void. FFS, they may fancy it on Wednesday now….

5) A few weeks back we all watched Darren Randolph do anything bar try and save wave after wave of R*ngers attack. The only thing he didn’t do was throw one into the net himself. Yesterday, he saved everything that was thrown at him, which wasn’t that much. Such is life eh?

Stuart McCall called Celtic out yesterday. Though he looks like a bloated alkie remodelling himself with spare mask of Mrs Doubtfire he targeted our complacency and deserves credit; the f*cking prick. Mulgrew being beasted by Sutton and Lizzy McGuire looking human were all down to his tactics.

Yes, it was THAT bad a day.

If you ever think for a moment you wish you were someone else, just be glad it's not a deluded, paranoid clown like this Celtic "fan".....

I hate this whole perception that we dont try against Rangers and just lie down to them.

Just because we have SM as our gaffer? even he's getting pissed off with the whole "he used to be a rangers legend" (as he said in his emails to ourselves)

5) A few weeks back we all watched Darren Randolph do anything bar try and save wave after wave of R*ngers attack. The only thing he didn’t do was throw one into the net himself. Yesterday, he saved everything that was thrown at him, which wasn’t that much. Such is life eh?

They've drawn with Accies, Dundee Utd, Killie and Inverness and lost to us, Hearts and the currants.

Of course he'll ignore Accies going to Ibrox on the 15th of January and losing 4-0 after drawing with them beforehand.

He chooses to ignore Aberdeen only losing 2-0 to Rangers after the 9-0 at Parkhead. Surely following his deluded Irish logic, that was childhood fan and long time job applicant Mark McGhee's plot to help them.

As for our 6-0 at Ibrox, I take it he missed the league cup semi where we were the better team on the day? Every club has an off day, losing to Rangers 5-1 once every decade for example and this years performance against Utrecht away.

No. I take it you weren't a defender? If in doubt punt it out and all that jazz

Aye but it was clear to see Mulgrew was shielding the ball for the keepr to come out and collect... and the keeper just kind of stopped. Keeper's fault for me!

i guess this stupid fuckwit dosent do his research cause if he did he would know that said darren randolph is southern irish which most likely means he might at one point in his life followed smeltic

i guess this stupid fuckwit dosent do his research cause if he did he would know that said darren randolph is southern irish which most likely means he might at one point in his life followed smeltic

Not everone in ROI supports Celtic. Man United and Liverpool(just to name two) have big followings also.

Not everone in ROI supports Celtic. Man United and Liverpool(just to name two) have big followings also.

Of the ones I've met on holidies, most were either into their own mental football, or rugby. The rest supported one of those two. Not one has been a 'Celtic fan', and a couple had no time for 'plastic paddies'. Maybe I've been lucky.

Aye but it was clear to see Mulgrew was shielding the ball for the keepr to come out and collect... and the keeper just kind of stopped. Keeper's fault for me!

Just because a defender shields the ball doesn't mean he's blameless, or indeed that the keeper's going to collect.

Unless Mulgrew he hears a shout, it's HIS job to to clear the ball away.

Of the ones I've met on holidies, most were either into their own mental football, or rugby. The rest supported one of those two. Not one has been a 'Celtic fan', and a couple had no time for 'plastic paddies'. Maybe I've been lucky.

Yes and no... there's certainly a big Celtic following here, as you'll see in the pubs and Dublin Airport any weekend, but the ManU/Liverpool/Leeds/Arsenal following is bigger. Not least because there's even more Premiership TV coverage here than there is in the UK, given that most people have access to both MOTD and RTE's Premiership highlights programmes, which are pretty much on a par with the BBC's, plus Sky Sports for the folk who want to pay for that.

All of which would be marginally less depressing if RTE didn't also show zero coverage of their own domestic league -- you still need Setanta if you want to watch that.