We Are Motherwell Fc

bigbuff

As they say in that famous old song 'We are the Motherwell FC'

Supporting Motherwell is excatly what it says on the tin 'Supporting Motherwell'

I can't believe some of the crap that I read on here and some of the knee jerk reactions and negativity towards our club. What ever happened to 'we'll support you evermore' 'through thick and thin'

I appreciate that a lot of the guys that post on here are relatively young and have been pleasured with European jaunts and the like over the past decade but come on guys get real.

I have followed the Well for the past 30 years, attending most of the home games throughout that time and many away. Consistently for a provincial club (with the smallest town population in the SPL may I add) we have punched well above our weight. We have now been in the top flight for 25 years on the bounce albeit, with many highs and lows. There are many clubs (Hibs, Falkirk, Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick, Hamilton, StMirren, Kilmarnock) that cant boast this record.

Yes, i admit that the standard of football on offer this season is poor but that is not solely down to Motherwell, the standard in our league in general has dropped and we are just a part of the decline, but i'm sure it will come back round again.

All i'm saying is lets support the team. It's not been a dreadful season as some of you seem to think. We had a very decent european run, allowing the fans the opportunity to go to foreign fields on three occassions, we got to a cup semi final and did ourselves proud, we are still in the QF of the Scottish Cup and tbh if we beat United we have a real good chance of getting to the final, and we are still fifth in the league with a top six place well within our reach if we can turn things around.

No wonder the team dont give a fuck if they read some of the stuff on here, why should they if many of the fans dont give a fuck and consistently critisise.

If you dont like what you are seeing and want to spout off at every opportunity then I suggest that follow follow or huddle board might be a better place to be.

C'MON YE WELL.

Well said that man

I agree with you that we're having a decent season.

Euro run was magic and we were very unfortunate not to make the group stage

LC semi and SC quarter which could lead to another trip to Hampden

In top 6 with a realistic chance of finishing 4th.

This board really is full of miserable c***s who can't see the big picture

MON RA WELL

Good post bigbuff. I started going to games in 1982 when we were in the First Division, and indeed we haven't been outside the top flight since 1984/85. That season we lost to Meadowbank twice! Things aint too bad in comparison!

Perhaps its because this generation have only seen Motherwell in the SPL, playing in Europe, reaching cup semis and finals etc. Okay not all the moaners are young 'uns but its understandable that some might be spoilt by our relative success. Ask those who saw us lose at Berwick in 1980 if they think this is the worst ever!

Yes its not brilliant, but its far from disasterous. We won't go down and can still make the top six and another cup semi. Let's get behind whatever team we have out on Sunday, cos they sure will need us!

Mon the Well!!

Cant really argue with what the poster is trying to say, but I feel there is more to it than that. There are other factors putting people off.

1. The supporters are taken for granted; i dont need to explain that, think that has been covered many times on the boards.

2. Going to the football is just no fun anymore. Cant stand, cant shout cant do much apart from sit in yer seat without some overzealous steward harrassing you.

3. Pricing. The standard goes down (way down in my opinion) yet the price goes up continuosly. In no other business in the world would you get away with that!

4. Going to the same grounds season after season, watching the same product is repetitive and boring. The 10 team league proposal does not change that (again, covered elswhere).

I gave up going every week a couple of seasons ago, frankly had better things to do with my time. Still make it to the odd game and the cup, but much more than that really dosent interest me as much as it did when I was younger.

As a football fan who proudly supports Motherwell I enjoyed today's game at Dunterlie Park.

Whether it was the game being played at the traditional time on a Saturday, on a grass pitch, or the value for money product on the park, or the lack of jobsworths in flourescent jackets demonstrating the contempt for fans held by too many involved with the SPL. It lead me to the conclusion not to renew my season ticket for Fir Park.

A rule no, a simple request yes.If you are not going back why the need to announce it?

Because Motherwell fans deciding they aren't going back to Fir Park because it's over-priced and they're fed up with the product on offer is relevant to a Motherwell forum.

A rule no, a simple request yes.If you are not going back why the need to announce it?

maybes cause we've been Motherwell supporters for manys a year

and its a discussion forum about Motherwell

and at this time and state of play,

many fans are declaring, that due to many factors, most of which are also being stated , that they are considering wether its time they called it quits on regular matchday attendence.

shame you don't want to hear it, hopefully those in power pick up on the mood.

as we all know far too many fans that have been lost as matchday supporters, for the trend to continue without drastic consequences

Because Motherwell fans deciding they aren't going back to Fir Park because it's over-priced and they're fed up with the product on offer is relevant to a Motherwell forum.

Fair enough but the thread started out as attempt to get behind the team,is there not enough down beat threads/posts already?

After many a year supporting the 'Well and brainwashing 2 of my kids to join me in the Cooper supporting them too.

Yes we lose games we should win

We lose players to bigger teams

We have trouble attracting new players to join us

But which of the many seasons of torture am I talking about ?

Remember the good times,

the cup run of '91

the great talent we have had through our club

splitting the old firm

the european nights ( my kids expect us to play in europe every season !)

Thats part and parcel of following a wee team. If you only want your team spending millions winning each week go follow the Old Scum.

How many of us have uttered ' this is rank I'll not be back' ............ see you next week.

If we beat celtic on Sunday lots of the moaners will shut up. Until the next time we get pumped off a diddy team.

'Mon the 'Well

Like a week ago when we beat Aberdeen and Accies and were looking for 3 wins on the trot against St Mirren.

see thats the thing

for the many people that moan about all the moaning, some don't seem to be able to actually read what things are turning people away

sift through all the posts you moan about and not that many of them are actually down to Motherwell being good or bad every other week, most of us are used to it, and many of us have been used to it for many more years than some give us credit for

maybes Diggle got closest to it in its simplest form, up the thread

My gripe though is the selective moaning, a young guy came on last week after being ejected and got ripped to bits.I've moaned pretty consistently about the shocker of a pitch but the replies seem to be such and such's pitch is bad so we can just put up with it.i'm the first to admit things are not what they used to be but will not going back change that.