Forum Upgrade

Gaag

Oh this new forum is just horrible. My god what an eyesore. The front page is so cluttered and in your face and the threads themselves are all over the place. And I thought the revamp of BBC news was the worst change to a website ever.

There was nothing wrong with the old style.

Pish.

well since you're not exactly a regular poster then, well, tough. :rolleyes:

P.S to the other posters, the forum has been set to fixed width rather than fluid for now, will be having it soon enough so that you can choose whichever one suits you. There'll also be a choice of colour schemes as well.

well since you're not exactly a regular poster then, well, tough. :rolleyes:

P.S to the other posters, the forum has been set to fixed width rather than fluid for now, will be having it soon enough so that you can choose whichever one suits you. There'll also be a choice of colour schemes as well.

Quality >>> Quantity.

How does someone who posts "YYAAAAASSS" after a goal or "+1" after a statement have a bigger say than someone who only adds to a debate with some new opinions/info?

I am very aware of the irony in this post.

Been an advocate of the site for a long time and always enjoy posting on it but all fairness to Gaag who does a good job I'm sorry I'm far from a fan of the new set up.

Far too cartoony and the childish like, feels like something a group of kids should be on.... in fact its quite suited for us then.

Finding myself only really going on it on my mobile as all the daft icons that everybody is using and that bloody shout box at the top are doing my tits in and I dont have to look at them using the phone.

Actually finding myself not posting as much due it.

Less is more in my eyes and I thought the old set up was ideal.

Each to their own i guess.

Been an advocate of the site for a long time and always enjoy posting on it but all fairness to Gaag who does a good job I'm sorry I'm far from a fan of the new set up.

Far too cartoony and the childish like, feels like something a group of kids should be on.... in fact its quite suited for us then.

Finding myself only really going on it on my mobile as all the daft icons that everybody is using and that bloody shout box at the top are doing my tits in and I dont have to look at them using the phone.

Actually finding myself not posting as much due it.

Less is more in my eyes and I thought the old set up was ideal.

Each to their own i guess.

Might not address all your concerns Sieb but you can zap the shoutbox. If you hit the wee "minus" icon at the top right of the shoutbox it'll minimise it and hide it for you.

Has the upgrade messed up the memory of our last read post, when I click it it's just taking me to the start of the topic (ones which I haven't looked at since the update)

This just me then?

It only happens for threads since before the update so I'll live but quite annoying for those I haven't read in a long time

I think the forum is coming together nicely and a lot of credit has to go to Gaag, it's a big commitment and is certainly not something I'd like to have responsibility for!

It takes time to find your way around any new sitebut once you've got your preferences set up the site runs pretty well

Good stuff so far :thumbup: