Celtic Forum

Taff

So mother and father had a placing request accepted for him to attend Dalziel High rather than the run risk of being tampered with at the far end of Dalzell Avenue ;) . Parents probably give the fingers to our sovereign lady with one hand, but, willingly take the family allowance with the other.

His inane ramblings don't do his parents credit (quite possibly inbred) neither does it say much about the level of schooling at that school noo the chief is away... I digress, have we no up and coming 'Well upstarts at that school who could earn their spurs and terrorise the little tink?

Sorry, but is there really any need for that. Not just Celtic fans that are Catholics.

Imagine them calling us neds.We have two of the Green Brigade fuckers in my work and i swear to god they actually dress and talk like the neds from Jack and Victor.One wore a wooly hat all week in the sunshine at work cos one of his own "Celtic Family" had booted him in the head after the Well game, leaving him with a big bruised egg on his fore head.;).Monday was a delight at work. Keep hating us you unwashed c***s,means we,re doing something right.

So mother and father had a placing request accepted for him to attend Dalziel High rather than the run risk of being tampered with at the far end of Dalzell Avenue. Parents probably give the fingers to our sovereign lady with one hand, but, willingly take the family allowance with the other.

His inane ramblings don't do his parents credit (quite possibly inbred) neither does it say much about the level of schooling at that school noo the chief is away... I digress, have we no up and coming 'Well upstarts at that school who could earn their spurs and terrorise the little tink?

;)

Sorry, but is there really any need for that. Not just Celtic fans that are Catholics.

I think the guy was slagging off the thick smeltlick supporter and the word catholic wasn't mentioned.

And any need for what?

I must have missed something but they can slag us like fuck but when we slag them back, our own fans take offence at our replies?

We are neds and scum???? They sing songs about the IRA and generally try to bully us because there are more of them than us.

The only reason they support Celtic is because they are catholics, only some catholics support other teams because of where they stay.

The carry on on Wednesday just shows them and the blue bigots up for what this shitey wee country is all about.

Seperate Catholic schools in this small country breeds sectarianism, bigotry and hatred.

Why do we need seperate state funded faith schools for catholics only?????

Can't everyone go to the same school?????

Then we might have people supporting local teams, too easy.

Quote: off celtic forum ' whats the '86' aboutOriginally Posted by Lewis1967 viewpost.gif whats the '86' about'The amount of braincells they have between them.'

actually loled at this all the celtic fans i know are braindead

I think the guy was slagging off the thick smeltlick supporter and the word catholic wasn't mentioned.

And any need for what?

I must have missed something but they can slag us like fuck but when we slag them back, our own fans take offence at our replies?

We are neds and scum???? They sing songs about the IRA and generally try to bully us because there are more of them than us.

The only reason they support Celtic is because they are catholics, only some catholics support other teams because of where they stay.

The carry on on Wednesday just shows them and the blue bigots up for what this shitey wee country is all about.

Seperate Catholic schools in this small country breeds sectarianism, bigotry and hatred.

Why do we need seperate state funded faith schools for catholics only?????

Can't everyone go to the same school?????

Then we might have people supporting local teams, too easy.

I actually know many Celtic supporters that aren't Catholics and im sure many other people do to. Only in Scotland can football discussions always end up about religion. Im just glad my son is being brought up in a society that don't care where you are from, what team you support and they sure as hell don't give a flying fuck what school you went to.

I actually know many Celtic supporters that aren't Catholics and im sure many other people do to. Only in Scotland can football discussions always end up about religion. Im just glad my son is being brought up in a society that don't care where you are from, what team you support and they sure as hell don't give a flying fuck what school you went to.

It is funny Oz, in an odd Scottish way that people post about things they have no idea about like history, like people think Celtic fans are all Catholics etc. Only in Scotland! I agree with you. In the 15 years I have been in Canada not one single person has asked what religion I am, not one. We have Catholic schools too, no social issues with that. I will agree to some extent that I am not really in favour of separate schools but clearly a lot of tax payers are and so I don't really care either way. I went to Catholic school in Scotland and had a damn good education and I am sure similarly the same happened at Dalziel High.

I guess in Scotland it will always come down to the Celtic v. Rangers, the Catholic v. Protestant ideology until a person gets older and realizes the stupidity of it. Unfortunately the young generation are still influenced by their misinformed parents, siblings and friends. Chick Young is right.

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9413483.stm

Look at Neil Lennon and McCoist in the picture. They are like sharks in a tank, frenzied, and see how that plays out in our putrid Scottish society in houses, bars and bedrooms. They are a fucking disgrace and hopefully the government will step in because I personally am sick and tired of their gutter tactics and how they bring shame on a Scotland that replicates this ned-like culture.

Might have known who would have taken offence... Wind yer neck in. I didn't post smileys, but, definitely lighthearted and tongue in cheek which I believe most would and have understood. Nobody mentioned 'Catholics' except YOU. Yes, there are those of other faiths who follow that lot. Is there a funnier site than a macaroon in a green/grey hooped home jersey? Plenty experience of the easily offended who see their club as an extension of the catholic church and the evils of Rome, it's this which gets my ire.

Dig a little deeper, more and more children of a roman catholic upbringing not just up here where the whisky bond once sat, but, all over the Motherwell area are placed at Dalziel High. Did you know, so much now, that the seat of learning that is Our Lady's is carrying a school role around the 600 mark with a decision to term the school 'non denominational' to counter the under capacity?

The reference to our sovereign lady and family allowance? Inherent in many of that persuasion and an all too easy put down used by those with similar sense of humour.

As a previous poster stated, 'Seperate Catholic schools in this small country breeds sectarianism, bigotry and hatred'. Before any more of the easily offended jump on our diminutives' bandwagon. We understand these are not actively taught by those employed there, it's the idea of seperation that fuels these flames...

• Like 1

I just read there forum it's a joke tbh i was tempted to post a reply to the well boys 86 question saying because 1690 was taken and fan the flames a little.

I don't even care about those stuff but you know it would send them off the hook.

At the end of the day they can't stand that there world beaters were schooled by a team that ptrobably doesn't even use 10% of there yearly budget on our team.

The fact that the kid starting the thread goes to dalziel he's probably desperate to go to our lady's to join all his "celtic minded" pals.

Highlights the very problem teams like us face even with 3 consecutive seasons in europe we still have locals going to support the old firm, it's a shame the product coming out of parkhead and ibrox is the worst it's been in recent years

It is funny Oz, in an odd Scottish way that people post about things they have no idea about like history, like people think Celtic fans are all Catholics etc. Only in Scotland! I agree with you. In the 15 years I have been in Canada not one single person has asked what religion I am, not one. We have Catholic schools too, no social issues with that. I will agree to some extent that I am not really in favour of separate schools but clearly a lot of tax payers are and so I don't really care either way. I went to Catholic school in Scotland and had a damn good education and I am sure similarly the same happened at Dalziel High.

You probably got a good education there cos it's a good school and that's all that should matter, religion belongs in church IMO, if folks want to practice then attend on Sundays or whenever the fancy takes. Leave schools to teach kids their necessary education. We have to do something about this now, argue all you want but separate schools has a major effect, no question about that.

Parents always have the ultimate responsibility of course but splitting wee Johhny up from his best pal from nursery at the age of 5 cos he's a different religion only teaches the kids that they're different and fuels the fire in later years.

The boy that posted is declan robert year below me at school. Talks a fair amount of shite and is quite a dafty. Just to clear it up the boy is prodestant, although we do ask why he doesn't go to our ladies suucks up there Arse big time, just wants to be accepted me thinks

You probably got a good education there cos it's a good school and that's all that should matter, religion belongs in church IMO, if folks want to practice then attend on Sundays or whenever the fancy takes. Leave schools to teach kids their necessary education. We have to do something about this now, argue all you want but separate schools has a major effect, no question about that.

Parents always have the ultimate responsibility of course but splitting wee Johhny up from his best pal from nursery at the age of 5 cos he's a different religion only teaches the kids that they're different and fuels the fire in later years.

Mostly agree with that Fatclaf, as I said I'm not really in favour of the separate school system but here there's no religious intolerance lets say.

Ironic in the extreme.

So, the guy that started the thread is at school in Motherwell, so presumably lives in the town.... yet chooses to support a team outwith his local one?

And as for the "what does the '86 stand for?" question.... :doh:

Thats what annoys me the most , I'd love to know what %age of their fan base comes form lanarkshire same for the other side and yet for glory hunting or perhaps more sinister reasons they go to watch that shower of shite, I know guys who claim to be Shellik fans and live within spitting distamce of FP who watched the game at home on an internet stream. Greatest fans in the world......................MY ARSE.

Highlights the very problem teams like us face even with 3 consecutive seasons in europe we still have locals going to support the old firm, it's a shame the product coming out of parkhead and ibrox is the worst it's been in recent years

The problem will never go away, so there's no point in complaining about it.

Rangers & Celtic will never drop the religious side of things, because if they did they may end up losing support eventually, which isn't what they want. Unfortunately, Motherwell, as a Lanarkshire club, will just have to make do with what we have.

We could be doing more by way of getting into schools and bringing kids into the games. God knows we have enough spare seats.

Something like that would ensure that a certain percentage of the youngsters continue coming to games as they get older.

to be fair though Pie, it is a bit of the "boy that cried wolf" with you.

let's face it, you have got previous of being, shall we say, :pleasantry: oondescending towards certain religous types.

to be fair though Pie, it is a bit of the "boy that cried wolf" with you.

let's face it, you have got previous of being, shall we say, :pleasantry: oondescending towards certain religous types.

Not totally sure where you are coming from with that Keith ?

Okay-okay-okay, I used the banned F word. At the time I used it in an attempt to accurately document my description of a certain individual ................. a description that others felt, given the facts available, was totally justified. Others complained as is their right.

However, I accepted my spank and moved on.

"boy that cried wolf" :blink:

"condescending towards certain religious types" when ?